List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Mom

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Mom

Started by powermom49 at 2009/12/17 11:07AM
    Latest post: 2009/12/19 09:37AM, Views: 567, Replies: 3
    page:
    #1   2009/12/17 11:07AM
    Mom
    powermom49

Hello to all GL friends and family. I haven't been on this board since the last show on September 18th. This was our favorite soap opera (My grandmother, mother, daughter, and me). We watched it everyday no matter where we were and then we would call and discuss it with each other. My mother watched this soap with her mother I watched it with my mother and my grandmother and my daughter watched it with me and my mother. Even though my mother was in the hospital I made sure they turned it on for her and so she got to watch the last episode. My mother died one month after the GL was cancelled and though I'm sure it sounds weird I think she waited to die one month after her favorite soap opera ended. Today is her birthday and I just thought I'd sign in and see what everyone is up to now that we have lost so much. Hope all of your Holidays are bright.

#2   2009/12/18 01:20PM
    Re: Mom
    merrymary

Deasr Friend,.

I was sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. A mother's love is a big loss, but, believe this, she is in a better place, healthy, talking to other members of your family. This I do believe. Since your mom was a big and long time fan, as I was, she had to enjoy the last episode. It gave some closure to our loss. I know this will be a difficult Christmas without your mother, I know the heartache you feel today. I miss my mom with a passion. She left us 4 years ago. Everytime I think of how much I miss her I cry. Please try to have a happy Christmas, and remember she is always with you and your family. She is home!!!

#3   2009/12/19 12:07AM
    Terror

My deepest sympathy for the loss of your Mom.Guiding Light was a family touchstone for many of us.Now we have the beautiful memories of our favorite show and those we shared it with.

HUGS.Terror

#4   2009/12/19 09:37AM
    Cindy-Stripe...

i am very sorry for the loss of your mom. my mother and sisters all watched gl together and have so many memories of time together with our favorite show. i know you will always miss your mom and i hopw you know that she misses you too and the love we have for eachother never dies.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list