List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: I'm Trying As the World Turms

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I'm Trying As the World Turms

Started by LetThereBeLight at 2009/11/22 05:32AM
    Latest post: 2009/12/05 02:06PM, Views: 722, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2009/11/22 05:32AM
    I'm Trying As the World Turms
    LetThereBeLight

I've been watching ATWT for the past month, waiting for Tom Pelphrey to appear. He is the best thing on the show! No offense, but there doesn't appear to be the chemistry between the characters the way there was on GL. I'm trying to get into it, trying to support another soap, but it's taking me a long time to warm up. Any one else feel like this? I miss GL!!!!!

#2   2009/11/22 06:39AM
    Re: I'm Trying As the World Turms
    gramie

I agree with you I can't believe they canceled G&L and left ATWT. I watch it but can take it or leave it will not be so upset if they cancel it. With Daniel(got to love those dimples) and Tom on the show it should get better. The character of Mick looks interesting some mystery there? G&L was my fav. I have started watching Days and am loving it. It didn't take long to get into the S/L because S/L's are constantly changing. I am totally hooked on Day's now.

#3   2009/11/23 03:05AM
    shygurl

Well this is just me and my friends apinion, but for some reason we just can not get into ASWT it is so boring, in fact i fell asleep on the show last week. And Tom Pelphrey only been on the show maybe three time,thats really the only reason why we watch it,we just can not get into the SL, we are trying to but its really really hard, They need to have Tom on more if they are trying to boost there ratings, because its not holding me and my friends attention!

#4   2009/11/23 06:02AM
    Rosie Butter...

I am so glad Tom P. is there. I have not enjoyed the show in a long time. I was really disappointed when Martha Bynes/Lily left. I hope they get back on track. I loved ATWT and then GL--my top soaps. ATWT was more mystery and GL was more romance. But the two really complimented each other in the past.

#5   2009/11/23 09:30AM
    calliope

ATWT is my favorite. I will agree that the stories have slowed a bit. The characters used to be my favorite people on TV but we are spending much more time on the young folks now and stories aren't as interesting. I would like to get back more to the over 30 characters.

#6   2009/11/23 02:16PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote calliope: ATWT is my favorite. I will agree that the stories have slowed a bit. The characters used to be my favorite people on TV but we are spending much more time on the young folks now and stories aren't as interesting. I would like to get back more to the over 30 characters.

I know what ya mean! I always like it when they mix the young with the older characters. I think that is such a way of bring stories together. Plus, I feel it is such a great on the job learning expericence for the younger people.

#7   2009/11/23 05:02PM
    pink kiity

i miss tom bob Kim and Lisa and Nancy they haven't been on in a while, where are they did they all fall in the miller pond and drown or something,

#8   2009/11/23 05:50PM
    mamerk

ATWT is a soap that I watched once in a while in the past. Now I tape it and have been following it more closely. I loved the chemistry between Barbara and Mick, as well as Craig and Roseanne. (I love the Craig they have now..good choice)
    However, I do not like watching two young guys in a liplock
    in the afternoon. I wasn't crazy about the gay storyline on GL, but at least GL classed it up to where it wasn't so in your face. If they feel the need to have this type of storyline on a classic soap they need to class it up or get rid of the story completely. The boomer + viewers could be turned off by this and start viewing something else and then ATWT would be down the tubes!

#9   2009/11/25 01:19PM
    mrs randall

I've watched ATWT since I was a little girl (I'm 40 now) and I love it but I must admit the storylines are dragging a bit lately...hopefully with Mick and Daniel's unamed character it will pick up, because I don't want to lose another soap opera favorite. Losing the Guiding Light has really hurt me....seriously it's like my best friend hates me and moved away....not a good feeling

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/11/25 01:20PM
    #10   2009/12/05 02:06PM
    4everGL

I used to watch ATWT a while ago, but then kind of lost interest. As long as Tom P and Daniel C are on it, I will likely watch it again. I still can't get over how stupid some of the female characters, like Lilly and Meg, are written. But I do kind of like the part with Katie, she and Henry were always my 2 favorites anyway.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list