List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: So Long Atlanta on Saturday

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

So Long Atlanta on Saturday

Started by PelphreyPosse at 2009/11/02 04:50PM
    Latest post: 2009/11/21 12:19PM, Views: 3400, Replies: 21
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2009/11/09 06:25AM
    Re: So Long Atlanta on Saturday
    Rosie Butter...

PP, I am glad you have a fun and safe time!! Thank you for telling us about it! I would have loved to been able to meet GA/Phillip!!! Hearing what a nice guy he is just makes him even hotter! You will have so much fun next month. Good friends, good family--what more can one want in life. I bet it will be had to leave little Drew. He will get to play with Grandma and be spoiled--what a lucky little guy!

#12   2009/11/09 07:07AM
    lovenoah

PP, you can't see someone's pics unless they are on your friend's list.

#13   2009/11/09 10:35AM
    PelphreyPosse

Well, then go and ask Beth to be your friend, and tell her that you two share a good friend and that your friend is a good close friend of John's and I bet that she will let you be a friend and then you can look, she has great pictures and I am in a lot of them.

#14   2009/11/09 05:04PM
    Mrs.JamesSpa...

lol PelphreyPosse I wish I were tight with the GL stars like you haha

#15   2009/11/09 05:47PM
    PelphreyPosse

Ms. James, 20 years of going to these kind of events will make you known to most of them. I have met the younger cast over the past 10 years or so. Tom, John, Gina and Jeff and Jessica. Kim and Robert and Ron for more than 15 years. This has been my hobby and what I do for fun. I am indeed lucky and I know it.

#16   2009/11/11 07:22AM
    Mrs.JamesSpa...

I would go to more events, if I had the cash to travel and money for tickets. I think its cool that you know all of them, you guys are like friends

#17   2009/11/11 09:08AM
    PelphreyPosse

I have never claimed that my soap hobby is inexpensive. I spend a lot of money on plane tickets, event tickets, hotels, meals etc. But I work hard too and it's my choice on what I spend my loot on! In the last three years, I have moved from seeing the actors at the events, to going out to dinner and hanging with them away from the events. It has just been a natural progression of a friendship. I feel very fortunate to be able to be around them so much. They are a great group of people.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/11/11 09:08AM
    #18   2009/11/13 08:20AM
    Mrs.JamesSpa...

:] yeah they are all very great people. Thanks for always sharing your stories with the rest of the posters. Its always nice to know what the cast has been up too.

#19   2009/11/21 12:12PM
    jmdeeg

Quote PelphreyPosse: Well, let's see. Robert spoke about Jordan and said he did indeed have a slight stroke. He is doing well and in rehab and the prognosis is for a full recovery, but he won't be doing Las Vegas in December. They have added Justin Deas and I just about fell out of my chair. I have been waiting for more than 25 years to meet this man. What a Christmas present that will be for me and you can believe that I am going to Las Vegas December 5th! That will make 3 in a row for me for So Long Springfield events. I also get to visit with my oldest child, my son Chris and his wife Gretchen and my almost one year old grandson Drew. 4 weeks to wait, I hope they go by fast. John Driscoll is going to try to come over from L.A. and if he does, I will have, Tom, Jeff and John there together, my favorite 3 young men. Plus Justin, somebody can pinch me! Dreams do come true.
    The Atlanta event was a lot of fun, not quite as many fans, but a really large turnout still. I had friends there, Dot and Janine and Milli so it was a reunion of sorts, too.
    Jessica was there and I love her to death so that was great for me. I got to chat with Grant for a few minutes, gave him some pictures that I had taken at Beth Chamberlin's last luncheon in N.Y. and later that evening he came up to me and said he took them up to his room and showed his wife, Sherry and she just loved them. I thought that was such a nice gesture on his part. He's really a nice guy.
    I talked to Jeff and Tom for a short time, and Kim stopped me as she was leaving the stage to say, "Vegas, baby, we'll have a great time". Robert and Bradley both chatted with me at different times and Gina and I had a few minutes of quiet time to talk. Daniel talked to me from the stage cause I sat on the front row, I gave Frank some pics from the luncheon that Jennifer Roszell set up with a copy of the Playboy magazine that Frank was on the cover, 25 years ago. He blushed and said, "I cannot believe you two girls got me." So I guess I actually talked to everyone on stage at one time or another. They set lines a little differently this time but since I know all of them, they usually call out to me and I get to see and talk even tho I don't sometimes go thru every line. I got back to Nashville around 2:00 a.m. and had to come to work at school today for some overtime, I'm ready to go home and get some sleep, but it was well worth it and now the countdown begins for Vegas! Bring it on.

-----------------

Dear PP: Wonderful to read your email! I will be breathlessly waiting for Dec.5 review from you about your visit then...seeing Justin Deas, how lovely...seeing Tom is the best thing of all to my way of thinking, however...have a lovely Thanksgiving, dear, as it Nov. 21 today as I write...jdvermeer (Jean D., Holly)

#20   2009/11/21 12:15PM
    jmdeeg

PP: Will pull up the pics you mention....thanks...jdvermeer

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list