List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: So Long Atlanta on Saturday

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

So Long Atlanta on Saturday

Started by PelphreyPosse at 2009/11/02 04:50PM
    Latest post: 2009/11/21 12:19PM, Views: 3148, Replies: 21
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2009/11/02 04:50PM
    So Long Atlanta on Saturday
    PelphreyPosse

Well, on Saturday I will drive to Atlanta for the So Long Springfield event there. Ron Raines is not going to be there but Jessica Leccia (Natalia) is coming in his place. This makes me happy cause she will be bringing her husband Brian and their baby Ivy Lola, also.

#2   2009/11/03 07:16AM
    Re: So Long Atlanta on Saturday
    merrymary

PP, have a great time. I sure enjoyed being with all the stars in Pittsburgh. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to chat longer, but, I am glad to have finally met you in person. Kiss Josh for me, that hunka, hunka, burning love of mine. I miss the Gl everyday!!!Have fun!

#3   2009/11/03 11:49AM
    Rosie Butter...

PP, have a safe drive and have one heck of a fun time!!! Ok, since you are MM proxy for kissing Josh, I need you to be a proxy for me too---give Phillip/GA a real big hug and kiss for me!! It is a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it!! I just received on of the two CD's I bought of Ron Raines--the second one should come this week. I am giving them to my dad, but had to "test" it first. What a wonderful voice! I cannot wait to give to my dad at xmas!

#4   2009/11/06 06:53PM
    PelphreyPosse

Rosie, Ron sang in Pittsburgh, and all swooned! I am going to bed to get some sleep, I leave for Atlanta at 4:00 a.m. in the morning, early!!!!! I guess I will see Tom again, Jess is subbing for Ron, and Tom is subbing for Jordan, who had a slight stroke. Don't know if anyone else will fly in as extra like Tom did in Pittsburgh. Will tell all when I return. I have to get some sleep on Sunday and am working some overtime that afternoon at school but will try to post that night when I get home around 10:00 p.m. for those that are interested in hearing about it.

#5   2009/11/06 07:24PM
    Mrs.JamesSpa...

wow, your lucky you got to see them in Pittsburgh and now Atlanta

#6   2009/11/07 12:41PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote PelphreyPosse: Rosie, Ron sang in Pittsburgh, and all swooned! I am going to bed to get some sleep, I leave for Atlanta at 4:00 a.m. in the morning, early!!!!! I guess I will see Tom again, Jess is subbing for Ron, and Tom is subbing for Jordan, who had a slight stroke. Don't know if anyone else will fly in as extra like Tom did in Pittsburgh. Will tell all when I return. I have to get some sleep on Sunday and am working some overtime that afternoon at school but will try to post that night when I get home around 10:00 p.m. for those that are interested in hearing about it.

We are all ready to hear all about the event and the fun you had!!! I sure hope the best for Jordan/Billy. A mild stroke is better then a big one, but a sign of something going on. I sure hope for him a fast recovery and hope they will find the issue that caused the stroke.

#7   2009/11/08 06:03PM
    Bizzie Fan

I too wish Jordan/Billy the best and hope he is feeling better soon. I just love Billy. Keep us informed if anyone hears more about him.

#8   2009/11/08 06:30PM
    PelphreyPosse

Well, let's see. Robert spoke about Jordan and said he did indeed have a slight stroke. He is doing well and in rehab and the prognosis is for a full recovery, but he won't be doing Las Vegas in December. They have added Justin Deas and I just about fell out of my chair. I have been waiting for more than 25 years to meet this man. What a Christmas present that will be for me and you can believe that I am going to Las Vegas December 5th! That will make 3 in a row for me for So Long Springfield events. I also get to visit with my oldest child, my son Chris and his wife Gretchen and my almost one year old grandson Drew. 4 weeks to wait, I hope they go by fast. John Driscoll is going to try to come over from L.A. and if he does, I will have, Tom, Jeff and John there together, my favorite 3 young men. Plus Justin, somebody can pinch me! Dreams do come true.
    The Atlanta event was a lot of fun, not quite as many fans, but a really large turnout still. I had friends there, Dot and Janine and Milli so it was a reunion of sorts, too.
    Jessica was there and I love her to death so that was great for me. I got to chat with Grant for a few minutes, gave him some pictures that I had taken at Beth Chamberlin's last luncheon in N.Y. and later that evening he came up to me and said he took them up to his room and showed his wife, Sherry and she just loved them. I thought that was such a nice gesture on his part. He's really a nice guy.
    I talked to Jeff and Tom for a short time, and Kim stopped me as she was leaving the stage to say, "Vegas, baby, we'll have a great time". Robert and Bradley both chatted with me at different times and Gina and I had a few minutes of quiet time to talk. Daniel talked to me from the stage cause I sat on the front row, I gave Frank some pics from the luncheon that Jennifer Roszell set up with a copy of the Playboy magazine that Frank was on the cover, 25 years ago. He blushed and said, "I cannot believe you two girls got me." So I guess I actually talked to everyone on stage at one time or another. They set lines a little differently this time but since I know all of them, they usually call out to me and I get to see and talk even tho I don't sometimes go thru every line. I got back to Nashville around 2:00 a.m. and had to come to work at school today for some overtime, I'm ready to go home and get some sleep, but it was well worth it and now the countdown begins for Vegas! Bring it on.

#9   2009/11/08 06:49PM
    Mrs.JamesSpa...

so Buzz never went to any Guding Light luncheons before? I thought the entire cast did those. I wonder why he never went to fan events. Sounds like you had an amazing time again. I wish I could of seen Franks face when you showed him that picture lol

#10   2009/11/08 08:25PM
    PelphreyPosse

No, Justin has never attended one fan club luncheon in around 20 years. He has always supported the cast in any production they did, but nothing with the fans. I am more than stunned that he agreed to do this in Vegas. Maybe being unemployed now and the money, but he should be financially fixed. His wife is a respected actress who does movies, but maybe it was being back with a lot of his friends.
    For you posters who have asked for pictures, I still don't know how to get them onto this board, but any of you can go to Facebook and type in Beth Nelson, Va. Tech and pull up the "Birthday pictures" and you will see me and John Driscoll ( X-Coop) and Beth at a friend's birthday party at Jessica Leccia's husband Brian's place in Manhattan. I'm the old person in the picture if you need help in finding me!

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list