List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Guiding Light Chat Room!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Guiding Light Chat Room!

Started by Chrissi at 2009/10/16 01:27PM
    Latest post: 2012/02/17 06:18PM, Views: 13739, Replies: 55
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #11   2009/10/18 07:59PM
    Re: Guiding Light Chat Room!
    Bizzie Fan

Hi Sandra, Thanks for suggesting this thread. Since GL has gone off, I have not been watching any soap on a daily basis. I have watched ATWT twice at home. I have watched Y&R 4 times, DOOL 4 times, and OLTL 3 times. I watched these on soapnet while I was traveling. When I am at home, I just don't turn the T.V. on. I just can't get into another soap. Years ago I had watched DOOL on and off, but after watching it this past week on soapnet, I don't see myself watching it again when I get back home. Maybe, somewhere down the road I will get interested in another soap, but right now, all I do when I watch another soap is think how much better a soap GL was and then I miss it more.

#12   2009/10/19 07:25PM
    merrymary

Hi Bizzie, I hope it does get a little warmer for you in FL. I have a fdriend in West Parlm Beach and she said the temp dropped about 50 degrees. Brrrrr! Ww had a low of last night, but, we are getting up to the 60's this week. That sun felt so good after all the gloomy days here in Pittsburgh. We only get about 8 sun shiny days here in the 'burgh, but we appreciate it all the more when we see it! The leaves in PA are almost at their peak, and it is beautiful to see each fall. I have a maple tree in my front yard and it is a bright yellow burst of sunshine on a gloomy day. But, when the leaves fall from the tree, it is work, work, work. I'll be out tomorrow after I go bowling, and raking up those bright yellow leaves, again.

#13   2009/10/20 04:45PM
    SndrElkins

Quote Bizzie Fan: Hi Sandra, Thanks for suggesting this thread. Since GL has gone off, I have not been watching any soap on a daily basis. I have watched ATWT twice at home. I have watched Y&R 4 times, DOOL 4 times, and OLTL 3 times. I watched these on soapnet while I was traveling. When I am at home, I just don't turn the T.V. on. I just can't get into another soap. Years ago I had watched DOOL on and off, but after watching it this past week on soapnet, I don't see myself watching it again when I get back home. Maybe, somewhere down the road I will get interested in another soap, but right now, all I do when I watch another soap is think how much better a soap GL was and then I miss it more.

Do you travel? I have watch OLTL afew times,Its not bad,But nothing like GL I use to watch Y&R~B&B~ATWT but now I never watch those soaps.I might check out ATWT again when Tom comes to town,But thats the only reason.

#14   2009/10/22 07:35PM
    SndrElkins

The weekend is almost here

Hope everyone has a good one

#15   2009/10/22 08:15PM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote SndrElkins:
    Quote Bizzie Fan: Hi Sandra, Thanks for suggesting this thread. Since GL has gone off, I have not been watching any soap on a daily basis. I have watched ATWT twice at home. I have watched Y&R 4 times, DOOL 4 times, and OLTL 3 times. I watched these on soapnet while I was traveling. When I am at home, I just don't turn the T.V. on. I just can't get into another soap. Years ago I had watched DOOL on and off, but after watching it this past week on soapnet, I don't see myself watching it again when I get back home. Maybe, somewhere down the road I will get interested in another soap, but right now, all I do when I watch another soap is think how much better a soap GL was and then I miss it more.

Do you travel? I have watch OLTL afew times,Its not bad,But nothing like GL I use to watch Y&R~B&B~ATWT but now I never watch those soaps.I might check out ATWT again when Tom comes to town,But thats the only reason.
    I do travel when I get the time. I love traveling. This last trip that we took was the first trip that we had been on since GL went off. While we had a good time, it made me miss GL even more. Normally, no matter where we would go, whether we were in our motorhome or on the beach somewhere, when it was time for GL, we either pulled into WalMart in the motorhome or came in from the beach to watch GL. It's funny and at the same time it's sad how you get use to scheduling your day/time for 40 some years and then it's changed and you didn't even have a say so in it.

#16   2009/10/23 01:20AM
    pink kiity

i know this doesn't have anything to do with guiding light but i just heard the news and through i pass it on to everyone i just heard soupy sales died this morning he was 83
    back to yours chat now you all,

#17   2009/10/23 06:43AM
    shorty1943

Quote Bizzie Fan:
    Quote SndrElkins:

I do travel when I get the time. I love traveling. This last trip that we took was the first trip that we had been on since GL went off. While we had a good time, it made me miss GL even more. Normally, no matter where we would go, whether we were in our motorhome or on the beach somewhere, when it was time for GL, we either pulled into WalMart in the motorhome or came in from the beach to watch GL. It's funny and at the same time it's sad how you get use to scheduling your day/time for 40 some years and then it's changed and you didn't even have a say so in it.

Bizzie fan,
    I agree with you about it being hard at GL time, my brain just will not allow me to be somewhere other than in front of the tv when ATWT goes off.....however it has just been a little over a month, maybe my brain will catch up with the real world soon!!! I used to listen to it on radio and then of course followed it over to tv, so it has been hard for me to let go, just like it has for millions of other viewers.

I, too love to travel but you are so right about our schedules having to work around GL, did it for years, drs. appointments, hair appointments, etc. all had to be done before or after 2!! Maybe the secret to that is I had no life!! Anyway, hope that it gets easier for all of us GL lovers, and I am sure it will. I have enjoyed reading your post for years, and am so thankful that Chrissi and Sandra made this thread for us, we all need to stay in touch!!

#18   2009/10/24 08:24PM
    SndrElkins

Quote pink kiity: i know this doesn't have anything to do with guiding light but i just heard the news and through i pass it on to everyone i just heard soupy sales died this morning he was 83
    back to yours chat now you all,

We can chat about whatever we want to in this thread.Its our chat thread,so you go right ahead and chat all you like

#19   2009/10/24 11:24PM
    pink kiity

i just read on line that there going to bring the soap Dallas back on TV and both Linda gray and Larry hagman both had sign on to do it and there working on the script for it I
    cant wait for that I always like that evil Jr i just read two more Dallas stars had sign on to do Dallas Patrick Duffy and Victoria principal had sign on to do Dallas i can hear the Dallas music theme playing this is so great i cant wait for this

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/10/25 07:19PM
    #20   2009/10/29 01:28PM
    SndrElkins

I watched Dallas every Friday night when it was coming on.Sounds good

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list