List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Guiding Light Chat Room!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Guiding Light Chat Room!

Started by Chrissi at 2009/10/16 01:27PM
    Latest post: 2012/02/17 06:18PM, Views: 13766, Replies: 55
    1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #1   2009/10/16 01:27PM
    Guiding Light Chat Room!
    Chrissi

Hi guys,

Sandra asked me if I'd open this thread for all of our great Guiding Light fans and of course, I agreed, and came here immediately!

Please feel free to post about anything you'd like to discuss, off topic of the show and get to know each other or resume old friendships.

Enjoy!

Christine Fix
    Editor-in-Chief

#2   2009/10/16 01:30PM
    Re: Guiding Light Chat Room!
    SndrElkins

Thanks so much Chrissi.

Hello to all my GL friends,I hope everyone is doing well,And I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend

I miss GL,and I miss each and everyone of you.

#3   2009/10/16 02:48PM
    shorty1943

Sandra...
    Great idea, I love the Y&R buddies thread and this can be just as much fun. Something must be wrong in my life because I just cannot seem to get my schedule down again without GL at 2pm!! After ATWT's goes off, GL is suppose to be next..........maybe soon it will get out of my head. I hope that all the fun time posters joins in on this site, that would be fun.

Thanks, Chrissi for starting this thread, guess you can tell some of us are having a hard time letting go!!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2009/10/16 02:50PM
    #4   2009/10/16 07:50PM
    Bizzie Fan

Thank you both for this thread. This is a great idea. I still miss our GL. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of our GL. It will always be a part of my life. Just like the other day, my husband and I were coming home from the store. I look over at the 18 wheeler beside us, it says "Bauer trucking", and I am like, I miss GL, Rick, Michelle, Ed, Mike, Maureen and all of our Springfield family. I still can't believe that GL is gone. Then this week, as we were traveling, I look out the window and there is this building and it just says "Alan" on the side of it. Of course, I think Alan Spaulding. Then today, I was sitting on the beach while my husband was fishing, and I thought hum, wonder if Alan is really dead or is he on some island, wheeling and dealing. I also think about all of the friendships that have been made while posting together on this board. Thank you again!

#5   2009/10/17 07:27AM
    merrymary

Kudos to you Sandra, and you too, Chrissi for starting this chat room thread. The GL fans are the best! We all need to just vent for awhile longer about the loss of our beloved show. The posters on here are the best and have become friends of mine through this board. Bizzie, lucky you! I can just see you sitting on the beach, while we here in Pittsburgh, have had cold, rainy weather. About 80 miles from here, State College, home of Penn State, had 6 inches of snow and are expecting another 6 inches today. Too, too early for me! It seems that once the snow is here, it is downhill, weather wise for us. But, we endure it, because we love PA. We love the change of seasons, and the fall season too. The leaves here in PA are almost at their peak,and it is a beautiful sight to see each year. We get through the winter season, knowing that Spring will bring back the warmth and the Summer. I love Florida and go there about 2 weeks in the winter, but, I love PA.

#6   2009/10/17 08:46AM
    luvphil

Merrymary - we do love our beloved Pittsburgh. Of course, the Penguins & the Steelers make it even a greater place to live. I'll even throw in the Pirates, since PNC stadium is beautiful, and the Pirates of the past were great to watch and cheer on.

#7   2009/10/17 10:32AM
    merrymary

Quote luvphil: Merrymary - we do love our beloved Pittsburgh. Of course, the Penguins & the Steelers make it even a greater place to live. I'll even throw in the Pirates, since PNC stadium is beautiful, and the Pirates of the past were great to watch and cheer on.

luvphil, don't forget we have the Pitt Panthers! It is such a great sports town. Pitsburgh, has it all, and soon we will be the first to see allof our beloved stars, espeially Rob Newman....Can't wait, but, don't want to hurry through Otober. The months are going too fast for me, as well as each year,the birthdays come around too quickly, too! 352 days are not long enough for me, too many things to do and see!

#8   2009/10/17 11:31AM
    shorty1943

Quote merrymary:
    Quote luvphil: Merrymary - we do love our beloved Pittsburgh. Of course, the Penguins & the Steelers make it even a greater place to live. I'll even throw in the Pirates, since PNC stadium is beautiful, and the Pirates of the past were great to watch and cheer on.

luvphil, don't forget we have the Pitt Panthers! It is such a great sports town. Pitsburgh, has it all, and soon we will be the first to see allof our beloved stars, espeially Rob Newman....Can't wait, but, don't want to hurry through Otober. The months are going too fast for me, as well as each year,the birthdays come around too quickly, too! 352 days are not long enough for me, too many things to do and see!

Hey merrymary..
    From piggy number 2, how are you? Good to see you on the boards again, I love this site.

Just going to ask you to lay one long, lazy look(you thought that I was going to say kiss didn't you??) on Robert Newman just for me...........I knew over the years that he was yours, so I never did covet him (well, maybe a time or two for only a second) but would love for you to soak a little of his handsome looks in just for me!! I am so happy that you are going to be able to see him and all the others that we love so much. Wish that I had made plans to attend at least one of their good bye days, it is a long way from Texas but I would sure have done it had I known far enough in advance. Enjoy every second of it and please tell us all about it when you return.

I feel the same way about Texas as you and luvphil do about Pittsburgh, we are very lucky to live in places that we love. We are so hot still and there you guys are already freezing! Actually we were 47 this morning, nice..and only mid 70's so far. Perfect weather!!

#9   2009/10/17 07:56PM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote merrymary: Kudos to you Sandra, and you too, Chrissi for starting this chat room thread. The GL fans are the best! We all need to just vent for awhile longer about the loss of our beloved show. The posters on here are the best and have become friends of mine through this board. Bizzie, lucky you! I can just see you sitting on the beach, while we here in Pittsburgh, have had cold, rainy weather. About 80 miles from here, State College, home of Penn State, had 6 inches of snow and are expecting another 6 inches today. Too, too early for me! It seems that once the snow is here, it is downhill, weather wise for us. But, we endure it, because we love PA. We love the change of seasons, and the fall season too. The leaves here in PA are almost at their peak,and it is a beautiful sight to see each year. We get through the winter season, knowing that Spring will bring back the warmth and the Summer. I love Florida and go there about 2 weeks in the winter, but, I love PA.
    Merrymary, I love Florida also. We have been coming to Florida for 20 years now. The weather is bit cold for me this time. It was only 61 today and very windy. I am use to it being warm, so I didn't pack jackets. We had to go across the street from our condo and buy sweatshirts. It was so funny, almost everyone on the beach this morning had on sweatshirts. And once again, I thought of Alan. Could you see Alan sitting on the beach in a sweatshirt and the wind blowing sand everywhere? Maybe I would have been warmer, maybe even hot, if I had been thinking of Bill in those little black shorts instead of thinking of Alan in a sweatshirt. From the looks of the weather outlook, I will get a chance to think of Bill tomorrow. It is suppose to be 47 tonight and 65 and windy tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be a little warmer when we come back in December.

#10   2009/10/18 07:32PM
    SndrElkins

Wat up GL friends.I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far.Mine has been good,Just cold

Now that the light is out,what are ya'll watching now.?

If I have my TV on at 3.00 I turn mine to lifetime,or LMN.I miss GL so much,But what can we do?

1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list