List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: New Hope for GL

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

New Hope for GL

Started by PelphreyPosse at 2009/10/12 04:11PM
    Latest post: 2009/11/11 02:47PM, Views: 5068, Replies: 37
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2009/10/12 04:11PM
    New Hope for GL
    PelphreyPosse

Oh, the interesting news out of NYC is that Proctor and Gamble are interested in possibly having GL as a on line show like Venice for Crystal. They are in discussions so about January we might hear something, let's keep our fingers crossed, anything would be better than the NOTHING we have now and it wouldn't be that expensive to do. Thoughts?????????

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/10/13 09:04AM
    #2   2009/10/12 04:59PM
    Re: New Hope for GL
    Bizzie Fan

Sounds like a good idea to me. I keep telling myself that everyone in Springfield is just on vacation and not really gone, and that Alan is on an Island somewhere, so this would be great. I would watch it. Even when GL was on, I would watch the episode on T.V. at 3:00 and then watch it again on line before I went to bed. Yes, I was just a little addicted. I still watch clips of GL on line. I miss our GL and Springfield family and would like to be able to watch it again. Do you know if any of the cast would be interested? My fingers are crossed and I am thinking positive. I got all excited reading about your trip and enjoyed reading about it as I always do, but this news is just so fantastic. I am just beyond excited. Please, please, keep us up to date on this.

#3   2009/10/12 05:58PM
    Sky200868

I love the idea of online, alot of times torwards the last week of the show my dvr for some reason didnt pick up Guiding light so I would watch it at nite online..... Something is betta then nothing, I would be happy to watch it online!
    Patty

#4   2009/10/13 08:45AM
    Rosie Butter...

This would be great! Any ideas of which stars would still be there? I could see it starting off with Phillip/Beth/Rick/Mindy and many of those that will stay in NY. Keep us updated!!

#5   2009/10/13 09:09AM
    PelphreyPosse

Rosie, it's really just in the planning and brainstorming stages right now. Frank Dicoupolis alluded to it on stage at Bradley's concerts and then I talked to him behind in the actors' area and then Saturday when I was in his line, he continued to tell me and Fiona Hutchinson (Jenna) jumped in and continued and gave me her personal email so I could chat with her about it. No names mentioned, they don't even know which of the GL actors would even be interested, so too early. I did overhear Bradley Cole telling a friend of mine his house is on the market so sounds like he is planning a move (LA.???? who knows) I'll keep everyone posted on what I find out, but they said maybe by January.

#6   2009/10/13 09:26AM
    diehardAW

Yes I would watch the show. I still think they need to change the rating system for soaps. I mean a lot of people work nowadays and watch GL at night. I am old fashion and still use my old VCR others watch online and others on DVRs. I believe more people watched GL than they knew.

I hope they can get it online. It may take some manuvering with actors for a while and they may have to recast some, but we will get use to that.

I know some actors cannot be replaced, but others can. They could even have less actors on the online edition and just have one show a week. There are so many possibilities.

I will watch an online edition. I hope some of the P&G folks see these post.

I am an old Another World fan and miss the show. I finally found a replacement in GL and they take it away. GL was so different from the other soaps. The characters were like family. I watch "Days" but they just do not connect like GL did. I miss all of them.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/10/13 09:29AM
    #7   2009/10/13 09:42AM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote PelphreyPosse: Rosie, it's really just in the planning and brainstorming stages right now. Frank Dicoupolis alluded to it on stage at Bradley's concerts and then I talked to him behind in the actors' area and then Saturday when I was in his line, he continued to tell me and Fiona Hutchinson (Jenna) jumped in and continued and gave me her personal email so I could chat with her about it. No names mentioned, they don't even know which of the GL actors would even be interested, so too early. I did overhear Bradley Cole telling a friend of mine his house is on the market so sounds like he is planning a move (LA.???? who knows) I'll keep everyone posted on what I find out, but they said maybe by January.

Right now, hope is good! It is better then nothing.

#8   2009/10/13 11:26AM
    freckles61

Looks like I may have to get rid of dial-up and invest in high speed. Ooooh that would be so wonderful

#9   2009/10/13 06:02PM
    mamerk

Watching a show on line would be a new concept for me. But,
    in order to watch GL again...I would do it in a heartbeat.
    I still treasure my VCR tapes from the last 6 weeks the show was on and have found bits and peaces of old shows that haven't been recorded over yet...those are always nice surprises to run across. PP I know you will keep us informed. Thanks for some encouraging info!!!

#10   2009/10/14 02:15PM
    ohc1

I want Guiding Light back on the air even if it goes to an on-line soap I would watch it >Its better than anything on tv now I miss Reva a lot Lets make a Deal is ok but I WANT MY GUIDING LIGHT INSTEAD!!!

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list