List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: What happened to Jeffrey???

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What happened to Jeffrey???

Started by SandraJean at 2009/10/02 06:41PM
    Latest post: 2009/10/08 04:02PM, Views: 1999, Replies: 13
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2009/10/02 06:41PM
    What happened to Jeffrey???
    SandraJean

I loved that Josh and Reva ended up together. After all the years they were in love they should grow old together. However, what happened with Jeffrey. He was searching for Edmond, Jonathan knew he was alive, but the whole storyline went dead. What was with that whole thing? Are we to assume he was killed by Edmond or what?

#2   2009/10/02 07:41PM
    Re: What happened to Jeffrey???
    clicquot1

I did see Edmund at my husband's gun shop picking up a "new" piece and thought I saw Jeffery at the corner stop & rob(just joking convience store). I think he was looking for either a cup of coffee or some toilet paper. I'm sorry it's just so ridiculous how they left it. They could have just had them shoot each other with ED being dead and Jeff waking up in the hospital and he was KING RICHARD still married to Cassie and the whole JOSH & CASSIE being married never happened. TPTB could have undone alot of the crap that had been written in the last several years, even ALAN's death if they wanted too. Oh, well.

#3   2009/10/03 08:13AM
    PelphreyPosse

The executives at GL have always thought that the fans wanted Reva and Jeffery together and the early plan was for Jeffery to come back at the end and reunite with Reva and Colin but the uproar over Reva and Josh being reunited if the show was going off the air scared them and so they backtracked the story and left Jeffery out there "protecting his family from Edmond" and a year later Josh and Reva together for "always" thus giving everyone sort of what they wanted. For me, I think they left ALL OF US hanging and it was poorly done! He should have come home to his family and THEN let Reva choose who she wanted, Jeffery or Josh. Same thing with Marina and Dinah for Mallet, the fans were divided so they chose neither. They left Marina sorta with Shayne and Dinah sorta with Mallet. Pathetic!!!!!!!! Why worry about pissing off the fans, the whole show was going off the air!

#4   2009/10/03 08:21AM
    PelphreyPosse

When I was in NYC in April and at the GL studio, I got the chance to meet one of GL's writers, a pretty young girl (late 20's, early 30's) and Ellen told me her name and said "she is one of our writers". I looked at her and said "so you are in part responsible for all of the mess of our show?". She couldn't excuse herself fast enough to get away! Ellen laughed and said, "I think you scared her". I said " if she writes this stuff, she should be able to stand here and defend it before a fan." We are who she writes for. I believe the poor writing: Josh marrying Cassie, the refusal to advance the Otalia story faster, splitting up Dinah and Mallet, Coop dying, all led to the show's demise. Changing to outdoors, and the acting didn't hurt the show. It was the stories that made the fans turn away. There was practically no romance for the last two years and that's what daytime fans want to see. Dark, Dark misery is not what makes a soap popular.

#5   2009/10/04 01:55PM
    lockienj

I have been a GL fan since the 1960's with a few years off for various reasons but I have always loved it. I want to comment on the end as I am upset by the sheer inplausibility of it. Even though Josh and Reva had a storybook ending which I am sure pleased the majority of fans, how is this explained since Jeffrey was her LEGAL HUSBAND and they shared a son? How was the end even possible? Were we supposed to think Jeffrey had been or would be killed? how could the writers leave this hanging when they tied up the stories for everyone else, even some characters weho had not been front and center for ages? Why did the writers get sloppy about this? Can they actually be persuaded to tell the fans exactly what their thinking was?:

#6   2009/10/04 02:37PM
    luvphil

I too have been a GL fan for many years, since 1972. But I thought Josh & Reva should have ended up together, so I got my wish. Nowhere was it mentioned they were married, just that they were going to be together - so it would not matter if Jeffrey was her legal husband. I do agree that the Jeffrey/Edmond loose ends should have been explained.

#7   2009/10/04 03:28PM
    superstitches

Quote SandraJean: I loved that Josh and Reva ended up together. After all the years they were in love they should grow old together. However, what happened with Jeffrey. He was searching for Edmond, Jonathan knew he was alive, but the whole storyline went dead. What was with that whole thing? Are we to assume he was killed by Edmond or what?

You have put into words what I've been thinking for a long time. We went through so many stories that ended with tragedy/death--Natalie/Gus, Coop/Ashley, Cassie/Josh, Reva/Jeffrey, Mallet/Dinah, Coop/Beth, Grady/Daisy. Some we actually liked and some we really hated. But someone was always crying their eyes out and so many died.

I had favorite couples, but the writers seemed to destroy any chance they had to be together. I really wanted Dinah to be with Shane. She brought out so much good in him and he loved her with all his heart even to the end. Reva and Josh--He was not the man for her now. She was in love with Jeffrey because he didn't change her. He accepted her as she was. Why would he obsess over anything that would take his love from Reva? The writers could've done a better job and left us with something to hold on to. Reva deserved better than to have Jeffrey written out the way he was. I just knew he was coming back and I was so looking forward to seeing her face light up again. With Josh, it was same old, same old. With Jeffery everyday was new..."What the Hell" was so good to describe them. And to leave the story hanging like the writers did, I just can't imagine them doing such a thoughtless thing to us. Horrible, horrible--that's what I think.

And what about Jonathan knowing Jeffrey is alive???? What was that all about??? Were we supposed to just sit and take it-the fact that we knew Jeffrey was alive and Jonathan just kept his mouth shut! There was no closure on that little tidbit. Just lots and lots to ponder....the writers took it all away from us.

I have tried to put the story back in my head, but it's hard to do when Jeffrey is "out there" doing God knows what and the same for Mallet and Dinah. The ending to that story was horrible, too. I have nothing to go on, nothing to dream about because these story lines took us nowhere credible where we could continue the dream.

I have tears in my eyes for the way we were treated by the writers. I agree, it wasn't the outdoors or anything else that led to GW's demise. It was the writing. If I were a writer, I would wear a paper bag over my head, move to another country, change my name, beg forgiveness, and get another line of work. I don't think I've been so disgusted and heartbroken at the same time as I am now. PP, you have made things so clear. Loved your brief encounter with the young writer. Thanks for your posts.

#8   2009/10/04 06:00PM
    clicquot1

Quote PelphreyPosse: When I was in NYC in April and at the GL studio, I got the chance to meet one of GL's writers, a pretty young girl (late 20's, early 30's) and Ellen told me her name and said "she is one of our writers". I looked at her and said "so you are in part responsible for all of the mess of our show?". She couldn't excuse herself fast enough to get away! Ellen laughed and said, "I think you scared her". I said " if she writes this stuff, she should be able to stand here and defend it before a fan." We are who she writes for. I believe the poor writing: Josh marrying Cassie, the refusal to advance the Otalia story faster, splitting up Dinah and Mallet, Coop dying, all led to the show's demise. Changing to outdoors, and the acting didn't hurt the show. It was the stories that made the fans turn away. There was practically no romance for the last two years and that's what daytime fans want to see. Dark, Dark misery is not what makes a soap popular.

DARK,DARK, DARK, stories with NO ROMANCE it sounds JUST like the stuff that fans are being force-fed over at Y&R and fans are HOPPING mad! We don't want what happened to GL to happen again and are emailing to let them know. It was horrible that it happened to the GL FAMILY and we don't want it to happen again. WHEN will TPTB figure out what we want? It's really very simple. A balanced story line that is CHARACTER DRIVEN not PLOT DRIVEN and light on the dark and macabe and more romance, some happy is nice too. Don't break up the favorite couples or keep them APART TOO LONG and don't write out fan favorite actors/actresses...........................................

#9   2009/10/04 08:08PM
    sholsten

I hope they will have a Guiding Light special sometime and they will update the Jeffry & Edmund s/l. I'm not holding my breath though.

#10   2009/10/05 08:10AM
    bdsdro

It was a disgrace how they left the ending for Jeffrey and Jeffeva. Jeffrey was the only character that did not get a payoff ending, and his fans. No way would Jeffrey just forever stay on the run after Edmund, and stay away from his family. He wanted to be with Reva and Colin more than anything else in the world, so to imply that chasing after Edmund was more important than that, was out of character.

Also leaving it hanging that Jonathan never told Reva? STUPID!

Reva ending up back with Josh made no sense to anything that was portrayed. Reva was over Josh, she showed absolutely no interest in him, so, just because it was a year later, and she didn't have Jeffrey back, she just goes back with Josh? I would rather they left her alone than be back with Josh. Well, at least I know, she never chose Josh over Jeffrey. It looked like a default ending to me. It has me torn over at least knowing that it was supposed to be a Jeffrey and Reva ending. I like knowing that, but they should have played it out, ON SCREEN!

If they were so hell bent on forcing a Jeva reunion, The very least they could have done is let Jeffrey return to be a father to his son.

Sounds like TPTB caved and rushed a Jeva reunion, even when it made no sense to the character of Reva.

It was he worst ending for any show I have ever seen.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list