List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: I really, really miss...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I really, really miss...

Started by freckles61 at 2009/10/02 06:22PM
    Latest post: 2009/10/04 05:46PM, Views: 1316, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2009/10/02 06:22PM
    I really, really miss...
    freckles61

I miss our show and I miss everyone on here. There isn't much posting going on. Guess there's not much to post about these days. Started watching Y&R last week and find it's not too bad. Kinda find myself waiting till Monday to see what's gonna happen. Miss Ya All

#2   2009/10/03 08:23AM
    Re: I really, really miss...
    gramie

I know what you mean freckles I also watch Y&R. Its the highest rated soap but I still do not see how they can say its better than G&L. Some of the recent story lines are just to sad and dark.

#3   2009/10/03 06:24PM
    Bizzie Fan

I too miss our GL. It has been two weeks now and I'm still having a hard time believing that GL is really gone. I got up Friday morning thinking about what would have happened on GL if it hadn't been cancelled. I also miss posting with everyone on the board. I always check the post on this board every morning and there seems to be less and less posting every day. I tried watching Y&R one day and then I tried watching DOOL one day. No luck with either one. It just didn't work. I only missed GL more. So, as for now, I am not watching any other soap. Maybe someday, I might get back to watching a soap on a daily basis.

#4   2009/10/03 07:33PM
    PelphreyPosse

Try again Bizzie, if you watch for several days in a row you will get interested in one of them. Watch Y & R and enjoy seeing John as Chance.

#5   2009/10/03 08:06PM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote PelphreyPosse: Try again Bizzie, if you watch for several days in a row you will get interested in one of them. Watch Y & R and enjoy seeing John as Chance.
    I plan to try again. I watched John on Y&R on soap network last time we were on vacation and really enjoyed it. Every night when the boys had settled down, I would unwind with a cup of tea and soap network. I actually think that I like John better on Y&R. I also plan to try to watch Tom/Jonathan when he is on ATWT. I guess it will just take some time.

#6   2009/10/03 11:30PM
    iwillsomissugl

I too miss GL so bad, I watch Young and Restless and As the World Turns some too, But not every single day like I did Guiding Light for as long as I can remember and I am 49. but none of them compare to Guiding Light. They put Y&R on at the 3pm slot where my Guiding Light was on here. They knew none of us would watch that stupid game show, so they moved it around, filling up that time slot with Y&R, cos they figured most of us watched the other soaps on CBS too. I shouldn't even watch that. I am so angry with CBS for taking off our soap. One thing I loved about Guiding Light among many was the humor, You just don't see it on any of the other soaps, always something that would make you smile or laugh. I just can't understand why they took it off. As I said none compare to GL. Just don't seem right. Never thought I could love and miss a show and the characters/stars like this. It's just so not right. I too look forward to seeing Tom Pelphrey/Jonathan on As the World Turns. He is a great actor and was one of my favorites. I can't believe he hasn't been offered more TV roles and he would be great for movies too.

#7   2009/10/04 07:45AM
    lucienblack

Check out my fan fiction blog. I am working on a few different stories and so far the feedback has been great. Two parts of my first story, Edmund's revenge, are up on the site.

glfanfiction.wordpress.com/guiding-light-edmunds-revenge/

#8   2009/10/04 08:10AM
    freckles61

I have read both parts of your story lucienblack and they are wonderful. How nice of you to do this. I urge everybody to read your story. They won't be disappointed. Thank you for doing this. I'm wait patiently for part 3.

#9   2009/10/04 12:37PM
    patena

I am still heartbroken about the cancellation of my favorite soap. I'm looking forward to a reunion show as well.

Regardless of what CBS puts in that time slot, it will not replace the GL. They should have cancelled the Y&R instead with those inhumane storylines.

#10   2009/10/04 01:10PM
    PelphreyPosse

Has any one ever seen a reunion show done with a cancelled soap? I don't think so, too expensive and too many actors under contract with other shows and networks. It simply wouldn't work.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list