List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Beth Ehlers

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Beth Ehlers

Started by luvphil at 2009/09/29 06:18AM
    Latest post: 2009/10/03 08:18AM, Views: 1173, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2009/09/29 06:18AM
    Beth Ehlers
    luvphil

So, I just read that Beth Ehlers is being released from the soap she is currently on (All My Children). And they couldn't allow her to be on the final GL???????????? It seems very selfish - seeing Harley would have been great.

#2   2009/09/29 06:23AM
    Re: Beth Ehlers
    mat317

Quote luvphil: So, I just read that Beth Ehlers is being released from the soap she is currently on (All My Children). And they couldn't allow her to be on the final GL???????????? It seems very selfish - seeing Harley would have been great.

BE decided to leave GL on her own accord, from what I understand. I think if she would have stayed, we'd still have GL. She's a traitor in my book.

#3   2009/09/29 09:52AM
    Beeloo03

I don't know why.....can't quite put my finger on it.....but both she and Ricky Paull Goldin have totally turned me off in recent years. Actually more her, than him. He seems like an ok guy, and I never really heard him badmouth GL or anything.

But something about Ehlers.......don't know if it's something I read in a magazine or an interview or something.....but for some reason, every time I see her picture or read about her, she annoys me.

I never missed her Harley character after she departed GL.

#4   2009/09/29 11:55AM
    pjmb

I liked the Harley character up until they paired her with Cyrus.I think Beth left GL because her schedule or something pertaining with the work was interferring with her family life. I think she did the right thing by putting her family first before her fans. Harley leaving Springfield, I do not believe was a reason for GL's demise. Like they say one monkey don't stop no show!

#5   2009/09/29 02:27PM
    merrymary

You are so right, one monkey didn't stop the show, poor writing did it!!! The writing was so poor for about a year and a half, that so many long time fans just left and never came back! Therefore, poor ratings. We, loyal fans hung in there bad story after bad storylines, but, to no avail, we got the shaft in the end. The writers kept Reva and Josh apart, Lizzie losing her baby, and the breakup of Dinah and Mallet. Jonathan was the best storyline, but, alas he left! Down, down, down, went the ratings. Josh and Cassie, was jammed down our throats, gag! Now, we are left without nothing, and all of us are grieving for our long time favorite soap. Yep, poor writing, was the key to our loss. It wasn't until the end that it came alive again, but, again, too late! Ah, the memories of so many great stories, stories that had us on the edge of our seat on Fridays!! No cliffhangers, no watchers! This is my opinion, what say you? We have gone over this so many times, but, one more time, couldn't hurt, but it did though !!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/29 07:27PM
    #6   2009/09/29 04:59PM
    PelphreyPosse

I think that Beth chose not to move to L.A. with AMC. She has two young sons and her ex-husband lives very near her. If she moved to L.A. her boys would not see their dad very often, and I believe she thinks she can get work in NYC and have her boys see both parents on a regular basis. That's why she turned down a role on Y & R and took the AMC role of Taylor when she left GL. For her, her boys come before anything else.

#7   2009/09/29 07:28PM
    mamerk

I give Beth an "atta girl" for putting her boys first. I know it is a tough decision when you have a job you like and you have to make the decision to move with the job or do the right thing for the boys. I missed her as Harley on GL, and I do not feel they really gave her talent a fair shake on AMC. Good Luck to you Beth! Hope to see you on another show soon!

#8   2009/09/30 01:59PM
    gabyof2

Iam glad that BE put her boys first but the character of Harley was the same old thing. Very insecure. Then the writers allowed the break up of Harley and Gus. That just added to my zipping through the program and then they tried to bring in Dillon. Harley was at her best when she was trying to solve a mystry and having good times with Gus and her family. Oh dear, it seems like the powers that be were trying to get the show cancelled. I am very sad that the show could not have gone on for at least 1 more year. Then I would be hoping for 1 more year. Couldn't they have kept the show going to its 75th anniversary?

#9   2009/10/03 08:18AM
    gramie

frankly I think it serves her right for abandoning the G&L. While many good actors and actresses chose to stay and work with the cheap budget and even take pay cuts to save the show she chose money. I think I heard that the actress that played Cassie is also out of work? serves them both right. anyone who has worked in a company facing layoffs and budget cuts etc know the stress they must have been under.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/10/07 07:24AM
    page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list