List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Oh, how I miss the Guiding Light !!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Oh, how I miss the Guiding Light !!!!!

Started by merrymary at 2009/09/28 09:18AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/29 04:08AM, Views: 1942, Replies: 13
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/28 09:18AM
    Oh, how I miss the Guiding Light !!!!!
    merrymary

This is the second week of missing our beloved soap. I miss Reva, Josh, Jeffrey, Alan, etc. I miss their day to day problems, their loves, their hates, oh, how I miss the Guiding Light. This show has been part of of my life for 60 years, now it's gone. I miss writing the spoilers of the day, and the many topics we discussed each day. I know I can come here to the message board and read how all of you miss the show too. Here in Pittsburgh, beginning at 10(GL time) we get The Price is Right, then at 11, it is shown again. What a waste of good air time. I just wanted to vent, one more time, I MISS the GL! Boo Hoo

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/28 03:33PM
    #2   2009/09/28 09:31AM
    Re: Oh, how I miss the Guiding Light !!!!!
    freckles61

Hey Merrymary. I'm in Saskatchewan and GL used to come on here at 8am. Price is Right is shown here twice too. Can't even think about tuning in to a game show. I did, however, watch the Y&R today. It was kind of interesting and I may tune in again tomorrow...we'll see. Never really noticed how good the GL actors were until I tried watching some of the other soaps ( I don't mean to be disrespectful to other actors or soaps) But there is just no comparison. JMO

#3   2009/09/28 10:09AM
    merrymary

Hi, I am a big Y&R fan too.,Freckles. I have loved watching Victor since the first day he began on the show.
    That is a long time ago. The GL was so much better then the Y & R, but, that show came in second to me. When I was much younger, General Hospital was a fav of mine too. But,
    Victor is my man now. Josh was # 1, now it's Victor.... Call me fickle!!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/28 03:35PM
    #4   2009/09/28 10:27AM
    calliope

Ever notice how if you watch a soap that is not one of your favorites, the new soap seems so stupid? Guess it would take awhile to get invested in new characters.
    I am down to ATWT & Y&R. Used to watch B&B but haven't for about a month. Read the updates once in awhile. I thought I would enjoy it more after Don Diamant went to B&B but he was never on very much.

#5   2009/09/28 02:21PM
    shorty1943

I was in the kitchen, looked at the clock and it was 2:06 and my thought was dry your hands and get in to the tv for Guiding Light, about half way into the living room it bopped me in the head, there is not more GL!!! My world is so sad and I know that it is not just me suffering....when will this horrible feeling go away?? I am getting worse as time goes on, not better and that just cannot be a good sign!!

#6   2009/09/28 02:54PM
    lucienblack

Quote merrymary: This is the second week of missing our beloved soap. I miss Reva, Josh, Jeffrey, Alan, etc. I miss their day to day problems, their loves, their hates, oh, how I miss the Guiding Light. This show has been part of of my live for 60 years, now it's gone. I miss writing the spoilers of the day, and the many topics we dicussed each day. I know I can come here to the message board and read how all of you miss the show too. Here in Pittsburgh, beginning at 10(GL time) we get The Price is Right, then at 11, it is shown again. What a waste of good air time. I just wanted to vent, one more time, I MISS the GL! Boo Hoo

Check out my fan fiction blog at
    glfanfiction.wordpress.com

I'm an author of two books and giving fans my own spin on the future of GL. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Lucien

#7   2009/09/28 03:48PM
    merrymary

Thank you, Lucien. I just went to the site, and I will enjoy reading your story follow-ups each Thursday. This will help us, the loyal fans, keep the story of theGL going for us. Kudos, to you for doing this. Why not write a novel of the folks of Springfield. There will be many fans eager to read it, and purchase it, just like we bought Jonathans Story.

#8   2009/09/28 04:29PM
    pink kiity

i just read that as the world turns will be canceled next year and one life to live just got the ax to it just got cancel to sometimes next years to that one life to live will also be gone also and days of ours lives only got renewal unlit Sept 2010 and it will be seem through unlit Sept 17 2010- then the days are numbers i heard it on the entertainment news

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/28 04:42PM
    #9   2009/09/28 04:47PM
    PelphreyPosse

There you go again, you have been saying this for weeks now, all the soaps are doomed. It's so strange to me that you know all of this, but the magazines don't. I am visiting the set of ATWT next week and I am going to ask the executive producer of the show if it is cancelled cause you just "know" it is. He will be so surprised to find out that his show isn't anymore, thanks to your great knowledge of the contracts of the existing shows.
    One Life to Live is getting ready to move into AMC's old studio space in January. Should I call them and tell them to not bother moving cause you say they are gone, too? Geez, let the folks that know tell all of this.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/28 04:48PM
    #10   2009/09/28 06:43PM
    fan39

I to am so sad that I cant watch the guiding light everyday, the first few days were so bad but now that we have been with out it for a couple of weeks it has been even worse for me I miss everyones face and wondering what was going to happen next and with whom its like missing a family member I think about all of the cast everyday I keep going back and watching the finale videos, every time I see them I get this sick and sad feeling that its not going to continue to go on.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/28 06:55PM
    1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list