List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: How about a new show that is similar to GL?????

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How about a new show that is similar to GL?????

Started by diehardAW at 2009/09/28 06:57AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/29 06:30AM, Views: 516, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2009/09/28 06:57AM
    diehardAW

I mean P&G owns the rights to GL and her characters who's to say other show cannot spin off of this one? I know there are enough of you out there that can think of a new name for the show. The characters can be tweeked a little as for as their names. The show could be a one hour or 30 minute show on "Fox", "WE" etc...

example the show could center around 4 key families with similar surnames and simliar characteristics
    Like: Mauer, Coogan, Lownes, Spellings families etc...

They key meeting place can be a cafe (You name it)

Characters could have close names like:
    Coogan: Fred, Fred Jr., Sabrina, Harvey, etc...
    Lownes: Ben, Ben Jr. John, Shawn etc...
    Mauer: Dr. Ned, Dr. Nick

YOU ALL GET THE DRIFT.

Let's have some fun with this: Help me creat this new series that will be close to GL. Who knows who is reading these post and who knows who might like this idea????

GET CREATIVE!!!!
    Thanks!!!!

#2   2009/09/28 06:47PM
    Re: How about a new show that is similar to GL?????
    fan39

No for me, it just wouldnt be the same and I wouldnt want it to be. I dont want anything to replace or even be like the guiding light sorry.

#3   2009/09/29 06:22AM
    mat317

I think CC's new webshow, Venice, is going to continue along the lines of Otalia. JL will be her counterpart it looks like. DC, JC and GT will be on the show so far...it starts in November.
    At least we will have one thing reminicent...

#4   2009/09/29 06:28AM
    fan39

diehardAW Im sorry I guess I misunderstood you. were you talking about having the same cast Kim Zimmer, Robert Newman,etc... on the show just with different names?

mat317, I cant wait to check out Venice I am not an Otalia fan but I did like Nat and Otalia in general so cant wait to see what this is all about.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/29 06:31AM
    #5   2009/09/29 06:30AM
    StacyH8er4Life

Although I like your idea and would certainly watch if they were to do that, I think we are at the end of days for all soaps in general, they are a dying breed and the few that are left are probably the last of them, I really cant see any more of them being produced in the future

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list