List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Still Mourning

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Still Mourning

Started by Jorjahgal at 2009/09/28 06:01AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/30 09:22AM, Views: 583, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2009/09/28 06:01AM
    Still Mourning
    Jorjahgal

I think I need a 12 step program....it's been over a week now and I still cannot accept the fact the GL is gone. It came on at 4 here and everyday at 4 I get in the worst mood. I hate it when I check my dvr recordings....so so sad

#2   2009/09/28 09:21AM
    Re: Still Mourning
    freckles61

Jorjahgal I too am having a hard time with the cancellation. Every morning I check the TV guide to see what's playing in GL's time slot...am I hoping to see that GL will be on??? We should start a 12 step program on here. Anybody have any ideas?

#3   2009/09/28 09:25AM
    merrymary

We all need a group hug right about now. I know I am missing it so much. So, here is a group HUG for all the mourning GL fans!!!!

#4   2009/09/28 10:30AM
    shorty1943

Great idea, merrymary,
    A friend of mine calls them tackle hugs!! I will take any kind of hug I can get at this point!! Thought that it might be a little easier the second week......NOT!!

12 step program sounds like a winner to me.....maybe we should pull together some sort of grieving club or something....makes my heart hurt to even think of losing our beloved GL....guess as long as we can come online and be with others that feel the same way, that is a big help, maybe that could be step one for us!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/28 10:32AM
    #5   2009/09/28 02:06PM
    pink kiity

next week the programs changing- 10.00 to 11,00
    lets make a deal-11,00 to 12.00 the price is right
    12,00 to 1,00 the young and restless.1,00 to 1.30
    the dull and boring i mean the bold and beautiful and
    at 1.30 as the world turns to 2.30 and at 3,00 who knows
    will i get to sleep in later next week thats what the ads
    is telling us,

#6   2009/09/29 05:55AM
    Re: Still Mourning ((Tuesday Hug))
    Jorjahgal

Here's Tuesday's Group Hug (((((((((HUGS)))))))))....
    and thanks guys....helps to know that there are ppl out there that feel the same loss I do....sigh sigh sigh.....anyone have an extra tissue....swear gonna hafta go to Sam's and stock up in cases of tissue....CBS.... you are responsible for depression ....are you in cahoots with pharmaceutical companies??

#7   2009/09/29 07:44AM
    mommaronk

%( my heart is broken. It's like a DEATH IN MY FAMILY!..I am 57 yrs old..GUIDING LIGHT has ALWAYS been a part of my life since the age of 3 sitting on my moms lap or with my grandmother watching PAPA BOUER..BERT, MIKE, ED ETC,I thought they were my family..I MISS ALL OF THEM...H.B. AND SARHA..HAWK.BILLY ALL THE LEWIS. COOPERS. SPAUDINGS
    I need my REVA AND JOSH fix.ALWAYS..my BILLY, BUZZ...
    ALAN SPAUDING finally does good for his family and he gets killed off!
    I am boycotting CBS, PROCTOR AND GAMBLE and anything they have anything to do with.THANK GOD there are many other stations and programs to watch besides CBS. LET THEM HAVE THEIR GAME SHOW! THEY'LL NOT GET ANY PROFIT OUT OF MY POCKETS..

#8   2009/09/29 06:23PM
    Bizzie Fan

Jorjahgal, I just read your post and I realized something. I have the same problem that you have. I have been noticing that every afternoon, I get so moody and blah. I didn't pay much attention to the time that I was getting moody and blah until today when my husband wanted to go to Wal-Mart. I was starting to feel my moody and blah about the time he ask and when we got in the car, I looked at my watch, and it was 3:00, that is the time GL came on where I live. The sad thing is that I don't think that a 12 step program would help me. I am going to need lots of therapy for a long time and then I'm not sure that will help. I've lost people that have been part of my family for over 40 years.

#9   2009/09/29 06:29PM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote merrymary: We all need a group hug right about now. I know I am missing it so much. So, here is a group HUG for all the mourning GL fans!!!!
    Thanks for the hug! It is so good to know that we have friends on the board and that all of us will help one another during this time. Today, I tried to watch DOOL. I use to watch it several years ago. Not much luck, it just wasn't GL.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/29 06:31PM
    #10   2009/09/30 09:22AM
    edge of night

I still talk to my dead grandmother but it is not the same without GL updates{ i used to talk to her while show was on} i feel like she is saying that's nice dear now what the heck is going on in springfield....my mother said she know's the canceled the show i on the other hand am not to sure

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list