List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Merrymary, Where Are You?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Merrymary, Where Are You?

Started by Bizzie Fan at 2009/09/24 06:46PM
    Latest post: 2009/09/27 06:22PM, Views: 1735, Replies: 23
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2009/09/25 05:16PM
    Re: Merrymary, Where Are You?
    Bizzie Fan

Quote PelphreyPosse: I got my regular flu shot at school on Wednesday night, my arm is still red, hot and has a knot on it. Small price to pay to keep the bad stuff away, though. H1N1 due to start getting in October here. Still cannot get used to no GL. I leave for NYC and a weekend of sadness for the cast on Thursday week, Oct. 8th. Part of me is excited, part of me is so sad to know that it will be the last time for all of the cast and fans. We still have some events left later in the year but it is dwindling fast. When the cruise is over in January, I guess it will really sink in for me then.
    I hear you. My husband, 2 boys, and I got our flu shots about a week ago. They had no problems, but like you, my are got red, hot, had a little knot where I got the shot, and on top of that my arm was sore for 2 or 3 days. But all is ok with it now. Be careful and have a fun/safe trip. Please don't forget to tell everyone how much we miss them and let us know how it went when you get back.

#12   2009/09/25 05:37PM
    merrymary

Quote luvphil: Merrymary - were you trying to get away from all the craziness we have going on here in Pittsburgh because of the G20?

All in all, it wasn't as bad as they had way back when the Summit was in Seattle. I don't mind people protesting, but, not being destrutive. There have been about 40 arrests, which sys a lot for the police in this city. It will soon be a memory, but, will still cost the city of Pittsburgh,a lot of money. I can't believe it has been one week since we lost the GL. I wish someone would have bought the series, and shown the reruns of it. Look at Gilligans's Island, it is still on the screen. Oh, how I miss Reva! BTW, are you going to see the GL stars here in Pittsburgh on Oct.24th? I'll be there!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/25 05:39PM
    #13   2009/09/25 05:41PM
    SndrElkins

Just wanted to say hey to yall.I've been away for afew weeks,Due to the fact that we moved.I really miss GL.Hope everyone is well

#14   2009/09/25 06:03PM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote SndrElkins: Just wanted to say hey to yall.I've been away for afew weeks,Due to the fact that we moved.I really miss GL.Hope everyone is well
    Glad you are back. I came to the board the other day and it was so slow and I was like no, not the board too. Like you, I miss GL. It is like I have lost part of my family.

#15   2009/09/25 06:24PM
    merrymary

Quote SndrElkins: Just wanted to say hey to yall.I've been away for afew weeks,Due to the fact that we moved.I really miss GL.Hope everyone is well

Hi Sandra, I amglad to hear from you. you have been missed , and we are all in a grieving state over the loss of the GL. I hope you are happy in your new home. Are you still living in the state? Stay with us, we need to stick together now.

#16   2009/09/25 07:52PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote Bizzie Fan:
    Quote PelphreyPosse: I got my regular flu shot at school on Wednesday night, my arm is still red, hot and has a knot on it. Small price to pay to keep the bad stuff away, though. H1N1 due to start getting in October here. Still cannot get used to no GL. I leave for NYC and a weekend of sadness for the cast on Thursday week, Oct. 8th. Part of me is excited, part of me is so sad to know that it will be the last time for all of the cast and fans. We still have some events left later in the year but it is dwindling fast. When the cruise is over in January, I guess it will really sink in for me then.
    I hear you. My husband, 2 boys, and I got our flu shots about a week ago. They had no problems, but like you, my are got red, hot, had a little knot where I got the shot, and on top of that my arm was sore for 2 or 3 days. But all is ok with it now. Be careful and have a fun/safe trip. Please don't forget to tell everyone how much we miss them and let us know how it went when you get back.

Sorry for all the sore arms. Trust me, this H1N1 is hard. My hubby just went back to the urgent care tonight, still has a fever over 100---been like this for over a week. Oh PelphreyPosse, it will be difficult to see so many GL friends, knowing GL is over. But the time with them is priceless and I want a lot of details about the trip!! SndrElkin, hope the move and getting settle goes easy for you. We were trying to sell and a few weeks ago my husband's boss said we are to stay now. A lot of stress off my back. I am so happy to see so many friends back here!! What a wonderful world we have to be able to make friends in so many new ways!!!

#17   2009/09/26 07:34AM
    luvphil

I will be at the Pittsburgh event - myself, my husband and my mother. We are going Saturday for both the afternoon and evening events. I can't wait!

#18   2009/09/26 11:19AM
    merrymary

Quote luvphil: I will be at the Pittsburgh event - myself, my husband and my mother. We are going Saturday for both the afternoon and evening events. I can't wait!

I am going to attend the Sat. afternoon event. I think I am going to wear one of the stick on labels with my message board name on it, MerryMary. So if we are walking around and we see a fellow board member, we could identify ourselves. I would love to see all of you in person. Maybe I'll see you there !

#19   2009/09/26 11:46AM
    PelphreyPosse

MM your idea of a label was a good one, I plan on wearing my Company shirt to the afternoon session, I figure I'll just ask every woman there "Do you post on soaps.com?" until I have met everybody that I post here with!!!!! This is such a large part of my day that I cannot imagine us not coming here and chatting, we HAVE to keep this board going. So post, whether or not it's about the show, just keep posting. I don't want to lose any of you!

#20   2009/09/26 12:27PM
    merrymary

PP, I just made myself a name tag, and I am going to put it in with my event receipt. I won't forget to wear it that way. So, I hope to see you there on the 24th. I do hope we get a chance to meet some of our board friends. So, it many of you are going, please wear a name tag so we can recognize each other. I wanted to attend both times, but, I had made other plans for that evening. It's my birthday, so this GL festival is a present from me to me! It's a big one for me, 70!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/27 06:13PM
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list