List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: withdrawels

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

withdrawels

Started by freckles61 at 2009/09/24 10:30AM
    Latest post: 2009/10/01 06:44PM, Views: 1507, Replies: 17
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2009/09/25 06:12PM
    Re: withdrawels
    Bizzie Fan

I too seen the SNL weekend update show. As I posted my husband got into watching GL with me. Anyway, I am surfing the web, watching T.V. and he is playing his video game and listening to the T.V. He hears the word GL and stops playing to watch what they are saying about GL. I was sitting there thinking, huh, I try to get your attention when you are playing that game and I can't, Ok.

#12   2009/09/25 06:31PM
    merrymary

I went away for the first weeek the light wasn't shown, so next week when I am home in the morning, I'll really feel the loss. I will miss writing the spoilers for all of you that liked to read them before the show started in your hometown. I feel like I lost all of my friends at one time.

#13   2009/09/26 10:25AM
    Bizzie Fan

Just keep posting with us and we will all get through this. I knew that it would be hard when our GL was gone, but, I never thought how hard it would be. But, after 40, 50, and some 60 years of being with GL, it is like losing family. Someone had posted that they felt like they knew some of the people on GL better than they did their own family. That's true, not only do I think that I knew some of the people better, I think that I connected with some of the people better than my own family. I never had a real Grandpa growing up so, I always thought that Billy would be the best Grandpa. Then when I watched Josh with Henry. He was a great Grandpa also, and Phillip when he seen Sarah, he was good too. Even if Alan had died, we could have seen what kind of Grandpa Phillip would have been compared to Alan. However, I would have prefered to have kept Alan on the GL. I didn't want him to die.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/26 10:27AM
    #14   2009/09/29 06:26AM
    mat317

Quote Bizzie Fan: I too seen the SNL weekend update show. As I posted my husband got into watching GL with me. Anyway, I am surfing the web, watching T.V. and he is playing his video game and listening to the T.V. He hears the word GL and stops playing to watch what they are saying about GL. I was sitting there thinking, huh, I try to get your attention when you are playing that game and I can't, Ok.

That is HILARIOUS! From now on when you want his attention, start singing "Everybody feels low, Everybody feels high. . ."

#15   2009/09/30 01:10PM
    mommaronk

I check the message boards everyday to see if anyone else feels the same as I do.I agree with everyone about withdrawels...LIFETIME MOVIES, FOODNETWORK. TMC, TBS are better than watching cbs or supporting Proctor and Gamble. BUT can't replace the GUIDING LIGHT!
    I'm usually getting dinner started after the 3 o'clock show here on the east coast, and I'M lost! out of routine. I'VE already baked my chicken, stuffing and rice made greenbeans fruit salad for our dinner and my husband doesn't get home until 4:45p! oh well..guess we can reheat.
    REVA, JOSH..BILLY, BUZZ..ALAN, PHILIP.. ALEX..BETH..LILLIAN.. THE REST OF THE LEWIS, COOPER, SPAUDING CLANS..WHERE ARE YOU???

#16   2009/09/30 07:49PM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote mat317:
    Quote Bizzie Fan: I too seen the SNL weekend update show. As I posted my husband got into watching GL with me. Anyway, I am surfing the web, watching T.V. and he is playing his video game and listening to the T.V. He hears the word GL and stops playing to watch what they are saying about GL. I was sitting there thinking, huh, I try to get your attention when you are playing that game and I can't, Ok.

That is HILARIOUS! From now on when you want his attention, start singing "Everybody feels low, Everybody feels high. . ."
    Good idea, except I can't sing and I do like that song, but now when I hear it, all I do is miss GL even more and want to cry. So, I guess I will use the alturnative and just yell Lizzie is on T.V. Have you got moved and settled in yet and will you still get to post with us? Sounds like you had a good moving sale.

#17   2009/10/01 05:10PM
    PelphreyPosse

Bizziefan the first actor I want to see on Friday in NYC next week is Ron Raines. I want to see for myself that he is alive and well! I agree that Alan should not have died. He finally deserved to have time to bask in the love of his family and I want Ron to know how much I will miss his portrayal of A.S. and how much I love him. He is just the nicest man you could ever want to meet. I was lucky enough in 2007 to get him to Nashville where I live and spend the day painting a school with him. We had so much fun that day with Jessica and Michael O'Leary. Memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have known each other for over 15 years.

#18   2009/10/01 06:44PM
    Bizzie Fan

PP, Have a a good safe trip and remember to tell us all about it when you get back. Yes, please do tell Ron Raines how much we all miss him as well as everyone else. GL may be gone, but Ron and all of the other people from GL will always be a part of our lives and have a special place in out hearts.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list