List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: withdrawels

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

withdrawels

Started by freckles61 at 2009/09/24 10:30AM
    Latest post: 2009/10/01 06:44PM, Views: 1492, Replies: 17
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/24 10:30AM
    withdrawels
    freckles61

It's just not getting any easier. Oh how I miss GL. I just can't believe how sad and depressed I am over losing this show. I am, however, getting my garden work all done. Gotta get at it first thing in the morning. I used to watch GL at 8am. Now I go to the garden. Is anyone else missing it more and more each day?

#2   2009/09/24 10:51AM
    Re: withdrawels
    Terror

freckles61:Your not alone in missing GL.I'm sure there are many of us with holes in our daily routine now including myself.When something has been a part of your life for many years you are bound to miss it when it disappears.We were fortunate to have so many years with wonderful characters to enjoy.Good luck with your garden.

Terror

#3   2009/09/24 02:15PM
    pink kiity

i have been tuning in the hallmark network. i have been watching murder shes wrote on at 2,00 i hadn't seen that in a while instead of lets make a deal murder she wrote instead

#4   2009/09/24 03:11PM
    val15

I've been shopping, reading, painting -- anything to keep my mind off of it.

#5   2009/09/24 03:24PM
    Gigi2

I am just lost.. You know you feel like your family is gone...

#6   2009/09/24 05:27PM
    Bizzie Fan

Speaking of withdrawels, my husband looks at me today about 3:30 and says you know if they had DVD's of GL, I would go out and buy everyone of them for you so that we would have something to do at 3:00. It is just not the same without our Springfield family.

#7   2009/09/24 06:03PM
    freckles61

Quote Bizzie Fan: Speaking of withdrawels, my husband looks at me today about 3:30 and says you know if they had DVD's of GL, I would go out and buy everyone of them for you so that we would have something to do at 3:00. It is just not the same without our Springfield family.

Oh your hubbie sounds like a sweetie. My hubbie can't understand what I see in a soap and found it quite amusing that it was cancelled...makes me so mad

#8   2009/09/24 06:13PM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote freckles61:
    Quote Bizzie Fan: Speaking of withdrawels, my husband looks at me today about 3:30 and says you know if they had DVD's of GL, I would go out and buy everyone of them for you so that we would have something to do at 3:00. It is just not the same without our Springfield family.

Oh your hubbie sounds like a sweetie. My hubbie can't understand what I see in a soap and found it quite amusing that it was cancelled...makes me so mad
    He started watching GL with me when he retired. Even though he hadn't watched it as long as I had, he was ticked off when they cancelled it. He was a big Lizzie fan and I was a Bizzie fan, so I sent Marcy/Lizzie fan club or something like that a note and about 6 or 8 weeks later, he got a signed picture of her through mail. He didn't know that I had done it, so he was pleasantly suprised.

#9   2009/09/24 08:01PM
    Re: withdrawals
    professor

I was wondering if anyone else was going through withdrawals... I keep looking at the clock to see how many hours until GL comes on, and then I remember...

I heard Ron Raines sing on a website, and he's really a fantastic singer. I hope I can hear him sing in person sometime. I'd like to hear Robert Newman, Josh, too.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/24 08:06PM
    #10   2009/09/24 09:06PM
    mat317

Luckily i've been busy with my moving sale...but i still have been looking at my watch at 2:45 thinking its time to get ready for GL. So much for that....
    *chuckles* I was sitting down to dinner after the moving sale today (we made $900 on our first day...I about pooped my pants! LOL) and was watching SNL's weekend update tonite at 8pm eastern and they did a little blip recognizing GL going off the air, etc--just talking about it and did a little spoof of a generic soap opera--was cute...I left the dinner table to watch it...anything to get something of GL

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/24 09:12PM
    1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list