List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Last episode a real DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Last episode a real DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by nymph at 2009/09/22 01:44PM
    Latest post: 2009/12/06 02:56PM, Views: 3049, Replies: 25
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2009/12/05 02:58PM
    Re: Last episode a real DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4everGL

The saddest part was the disrespect GL was given in its final years. Although the taping outside and showing of where the characters were living was initially an innovative idea, there should have been indoor sets and the camera work should have been more professional.

The costuming was so bad... you could tell it was done on the tightest budget possible. Poor Reva looked like she had gotten her clothes at Good Will, AND I really doubt that no matter how swollen Lizzie's feet were in the last months of pregnancy that she would have been wearing plastic flip flops.

It was also sad that in the last scene, which was said to be a year later, that Lizzie and Bill were still expecting the same baby? Talk about a LONG pregnancy--- last time I checked, Lizzie was not an elephant with a 22 month pregnancy! If the continuity had been correct and they didn't want to hide Marcy's pregnancy in real life, they could have had her with a baby stroller (they wouldn't have even had to show the baby), and have another on the way. It was just very weird that Remy and Christina had their baby and Lizzie and Bill did not, when Christina wasn't even showing, and Lizzie looked like she was going to pop!

As for Jeffrey and Edmund, I guess we were left to think that Jeffrey would never come home until he ridded the world of Edmund, and that Jonathan thought it was better for his mom to think him dead and let her get on with her life. If this does go to internet, that would be a good place to start!

I also agree that the military would not have allowed Rafe to join the army, but I guess they wanted to show patriotism on one of the young castmember's part, and since he had no particular ties romantically, he was the one... and also it gave Alan something to praise before he died. OK, I am done with my list of disappointments.

What I did like: seeing all of the characters reunite. I loved seeing Dylan, Bridget, Nola, Mindy, Danny, Michelle, Ed, Holly, Fletcher, etc! It was like going to a class reunion, where you really like the people!

1) I loved that Buzz and Lillian finally got together after all these years.

2) Mindy and Rick finally married.

3 Jonathan finally deciding to bring Sarah back and share custody with Lizzie and Bill was heartwarming, especially when Reva got Cassie to let them live in the cottage she had bought for Tammy and Jonathan. I will always wonder who Jonathan will end up with as a love interest, though... again, if this goes to internet, that is another storyline to pursue.

4)It was great seeing Michelle and Danny, but I would have loved to have known what the kids' names were!

5)Ray doing the wedding for Billy and Vanessa and Buzz and Lillian (although I would have loved to have seen another of his boxing scenes...lol!)

6) Fletcher coming back for Alex
    7) Maureen trying to fix Matt up with her teacher

8 Lillian apologizing at Maureen's grave

9) Frank and Blake finally realizing they should be together.

10) the chance for Alan to make everything right with everyone before he died.

11) Beth and Phillip finally back together

12) Mallet and Dinah romping through Europe

13) The warm, happy feeling it gave me that everything was right in Springfield!

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2009/12/05 03:07PM
    #22   2009/12/05 02:58PM
    4everGL

sorry... didn't mean to make multiple posts

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/12/05 03:00PM
    #23   2009/12/05 02:58PM
    4everGL

sorry, don't know why it posted 3 times

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/12/05 02:59PM
    #24   2009/12/05 07:05PM
    lovenoah

Michelle and Danny's kids' names are Robbie and Hope. They were both born while they were in Springfield years ago so it's not anything we didn't already know.

#25   2009/12/05 08:47PM
    4everGL

That's right, I had totally forgotten!

#26   2009/12/06 02:56PM
    suburbandiva

I did like the last episode! Something I did like other things I did'nt like so much. Why in the world did'nt Oliva and Nat did'nt get to kiss?! It was the last episode after all what could it hurt!? Of course being a JEVA fan for ever that did it for me!!!!!!!!!! I did have a problem with Jeffery. If Reva and Josh got their "always" Jeffery and Cassie should have been able to have a "new" start! It could'nt hurt! As for the rest of the stories it was o.k. If they were to get a "new" gl It would be great to see JEVA and FAMILY! The way I would very much like to see. Stories about families.

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list