List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Last episode a real DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Last episode a real DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by nymph at 2009/09/22 01:44PM
    Latest post: 2009/12/06 02:56PM, Views: 3274, Replies: 25
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2009/09/23 11:16AM
    Re: Last episode a real DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Phillygirl06

I don't know what show the poster was watching, but I was watching the show I have watched for 34 years....the show that introduced the greatest romance of television history...Reva and Josh. The writers gave what the true, long time, dedicated fans wanted....Josh and Reva. I thought the actors (especially Robert and Kim) gave amazing performances in the last episode (not to mention for years), and can you imagine their emotions at the time of shooting these last scences!

As far as the Jeffrey thing.....I think we are to assume he continued with "the chase" and/or the lifestyle he was accustumed to. Personally, I hoped he would have stayed dead. They would have been better off just doing that.

I loved "The End" more then I could have imagined I would.

#12   2009/09/23 11:34AM
    calliope

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't some closure to Jeffrey and Edmund. But Jeffrey did say that when he killed Edmund he would go home. So I guess we know he is still looking or he is gone. I wish we knew though. I will have to use my own imagination. Soooo, you know it starts again! Josh & Reva marry, Jeffrey shows up and since he is alive Josh & Reva aren't really married. Who does she really want to be with and on and on and on! See they still live!

#13   2009/09/23 01:25PM
    Proudmommyuv3

:D I'm sorry you feel that way...I LOVEd THAT SHOW...WHY DID U WATCH IT FOR 9 YEARS IF U DIDN'T LIKE IT...?! Honestly there where a lot of things left undone.but seeing reva and josh back together was enough for me..i didn't care where jeffery was...sorry..

#14   2009/09/24 07:00AM
    Collett

Guiding Light used to be my favorite soap. I quit watching when they changed the filming. Nothing in Springfield was how I had pictured it for so many years that it totally turned me off, I just couldn't get into it anymore. I started watching again in the end so I could see the old characters return, I liked how they brought relationships back from the old days. While this was good I thought the end was lacking something. They should have taken more than one episode to flash forward and tie up loose ends.

#15   2009/09/24 07:48AM
    Highlander

I don't blame the first poster for the way they feel about the show.
    Guiding Light was my favorite soap, when the new format came in, it was horrible. I made myself watch in hopes it would get better, but it never did. It wasn't just the bad camera work it was the story lines.
    Why they thought people wanted to watch others doing the mundane things in life, I will never know. I want to be entertained, not bored. Watching people make cookies, fold laundry and visit the corner store is not entertaining. They didn't even try to cover up the ladies who were pregnant in real life. Like they couldn't be bothered to make the effort.
    It is no surprise it was cancelled with stories like that.
    People have the right to feel upset over the way a show we invest so much of our time into was ruined!
    I also found the last episode a dud. I only enjoyed the ending with Josh and Reva getting back together but wished there was more of a build up to it. I did think it was weird about the Jeffrey ending. I think they just didn't know how to wrap that story up.
    I will try to remember the Light as what it once was... my favorite show... not the awful mess it turned into.

#16   2009/09/24 01:44PM
    mamarock

I loved the last episode...my imagination is in full gear, making up scenarios of what all the characters are doing now!

#17   2009/09/24 03:32PM
    Treester

Quote bdsdro: I agree with the original poster, the finale was flubbed, BIG TIME! They left one of the biggest stories, UNFINISHED, and that just sucks. Reva never found out Jeffrey was alive? Jonathan never told her? Jeffrey died, or never made it home? Reva's reunion with Josh is based on a lie, and that was a lazy way to end this show.

My sentiments exactly, very poor writing, and not a nice ending to faithful viewers.

#18   2009/09/28 02:56AM
    gramie

I think they did the best they could with the low budget they were given. it was clear how stingy the budget was everything was either in a field or in the park. some story lines could have been tied up a little better especially the Jeffery and Edmond. I agreed with most of pairings. just sorry it had to end.

#19   2009/10/31 06:31PM
    NoNuke4me

Quote bdsdro: I agree with the original poster, the finale was flubbed, BIG TIME! They left one of the biggest stories, UNFINISHED, and that just sucks. Reva never found out Jeffrey was alive? Jonathan never told her? Jeffrey died, or never made it home? Reva's reunion with Josh is based on a lie, and that was a lazy way to end this show.

Some of it I liked, like Mindy and Michelle coming back. Jonathan and Sara moving back was good for the ending also, but there were to many things that was totally absurd. The one thing that really made me mad was the writers making it look like Rafe could ever join the US Army. Here is the two biggest reasons Rafe could never ever join the Army.
    Some of the medical conditions you cannot enter the military with include diabetes, drug/alcohol addiction, high blood pressure, deafness, asthma and a host of others. Moral disqualifyers include things such as too many minor and traffic offenses, as well as felonies.

I found this very insulting to our Members of the U.S. Army.

#20   2009/11/02 02:40PM
    Cindy-Stripe...

I thought the last episode was well thought out and the writers tried to make everybody happy, which we all know is impossible. i would have liked to see harley come back and cassie even if only for a short appearance but even that is how life goes. sometimes you really cant go home again and maybe springfield held too much pain for those characters the only thing i might have done differently if i were in charge were to have reva and jeffery be together and josh and cassie get back together just cause i really liked cassie and she went through so much and josh was really good to her but i realize that most viewers really would have been upset by this so im fine with the way it turned out. the best part for me was phillip living and he and beth reuniting as well as rick and mindy and blake and frank. overall i really liked how it ended except ofcourse that it ended.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list