List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Last episode a real DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Last episode a real DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by nymph at 2009/09/22 01:44PM
    Latest post: 2009/12/06 02:56PM, Views: 3183, Replies: 25
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/22 01:44PM
    Last episode a real DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    nymph

What a waste of 9 years of my time!! The writing was terrible the last year, none of the plots made any sense, and now Reva and Josh go off into the sunset??????? What about Jeffrey???????????? So many loose ends, you could tell that the writers were tired. the Jonathan character is the ONLY one that can truly ACT. And all that outdoor shooting, what gives with that anyway???? The whole show was a collossal bore, I watched it because of my sick mother, and endured the rediculousness of the plots for a connection to my mom. thank goodness that part of my life is now over.

#2   2009/09/22 02:28PM
    Re: Last episode a real DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    pjmb

Quote nymph: What a waste of 9 years of my time!! The writing was terrible the last year, none of the plots made any sense, and now Reva and Josh go off into the sunset??????? What about Jeffrey???????????? So many loose ends, you could tell that the writers were tired. the Jonathan character is the ONLY one that can truly ACT. And all that outdoor shooting, what gives with that anyway???? The whole show was a collossal bore, I watched it because of my sick mother, and endured the rediculousness of the plots for a connection to my mom. thank goodness that part of my life is now over.

Exactly why are you here now? I thought this board was for people who enjoyed Guiding Light and are now sorry it is gone. Well I guess it takes all kinds! All of the actors on Guiding Light gave fine performances and I find the comment that the actor who played Jonathan is the only one who can act very ignorant.

#3   2009/09/22 02:30PM
    PelphreyPosse

Nymph, so very sorry that you feel like you wasted the last 9 years of your life watching GL. Now that it's cancelled you can happily go forth into a new pursuit that will maybe qualify to make you happy. With your attitude, though I really don't believe that anything is going to help.

#4   2009/09/22 02:48PM
    clicquot1

Quote nymph: What a waste of 9 years of my time!! The writing was terrible the last year, none of the plots made any sense, and now Reva and Josh go off into the sunset??????? What about Jeffrey???????????? So many loose ends, you could tell that the writers were tired. the Jonathan character is the ONLY one that can truly ACT. And all that outdoor shooting, what gives with that anyway???? The whole show was a collossal bore, I watched it because of my sick mother, and endured the rediculousness of the plots for a connection to my mom. thank goodness that part of my life is now over.

While you certainly are entitled to your own point of view, I will disagree with you. First of all while Tom P. is certainly a fine actor, GL was filled with many many TALENTED actors. One such talented actor is KIM ZIMMER who won 4 EMMY'S. GINA T., ROBERT NEWMAN, MAUVE KINKAID, TINA SLONE, and the actors who played RICK, BETH, BUZZ, BILLY, BILL, LIZZIE, HARLEY, GUS, OLIVIA, & ALAN to name just a few. I have watched GL for over 40 years and I loved the ending. TPTB tried very hard to tie up as many loose ends as they could with the exception of HARLEY, ALAN-MICHAEL, HOPE, MIKE, & RITA. While the JEFFERY/EDMUND outcome was disappointing to some TPTB did address their secret-agaent cat & mouse assassin game when EDMUND said they could do this endlessly(basically until one or both are dead). TPTB want us to believe that JEFFERY is most "alive" when he is in a dangerous situation and protecting the ones he loves. Reva & JOSH got their "ALWAYS" and so did many other couples who had tumultuous pasts. There were a couple of suprises to me with HOLLY & ED taking a trip around the world, MELINDA SUE reuniting with DR. RICK, and finally with FLETCHER READE(in his ever-present hat) coming for ALEXANDRA. Overall I think TPTB gave most of the long-time fans what they really wanted and according to KZ's most recent interview MOST fans(60%) wanted a reunion with JOSH & REVA and wanted them to get their ALWAYS. That couple has many fans due to their history, although many fans got off the JOSHUA wagon when TPTB paired CASSIE & JOSH(one of the WORST ever pairings besides NICK & PHYLLIS IMHO in soap opera history). However according to KZ REVA & JEFF had a 40% approval. Overall, I was very pleased, sorry we ALL couldn't be happy with the finale. Maybe the next finale will be a better ending because I say this with a heavy heart GL will only be the first of quite a few I'M afraid. PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/22 02:56PM
    #5   2009/09/22 05:14PM
    bdsdro

I agree with the original poster, the finale was flubbed, BIG TIME! They left one of the biggest stories, UNFINISHED, and that just sucks. Reva never found out Jeffrey was alive? Jonathan never told her? Jeffrey died, or never made it home? Reva's reunion with Josh is based on a lie, and that was a lazy way to end this show.

#6   2009/09/22 05:25PM
    LTsoapfan

I thought the last episode was good!! Speaking for one who watched this great show for 50 yrs., I loved the happy ending especially for Reva & Josh!!!!!!!!

If the show had to end, as it did, I was so glad it ended on a happy note. I'll miss my favorite show

#7   2009/09/22 07:17PM
    ZoeSmith

I agree and disagree. I thought leaving Jeffery and Edmond out like that was disrespectful to the actors and fans. I also felt Josh and Reva's last scene was empty. If you look at some of the classic GL on youtube, Jeffery was very important and loved in Springield. Leaving him unfinished was a Wheeler Blunder. I felt hurt for him..But in my opinion Wheeler is the DUD.

I wanted Josh and Reva to be together but that last scene just didn't do it for me. I will miss the only soap I loved very much but the ending was a little hokey compared to some of the outstanding acting I have seen on this soap over the years. In my opinion it was the writing.

#8   2009/09/22 10:04PM
    mpwifefl

I believe that the final episode was geared towards the people that had been watching GL for 25 years or more. Several storylines were picked up and finished like Fletcher, Ed, Holly and Mindy and Rick. The Reva/Jeffrey/Edmund storyline was STUPID. Breaking up Reva and Josh for good was STUPID. Having all the outside scenes was STUPID. STUPID equals CANCELLED. I know many of you will chew/cuss/tell me off. That's ok. I've been watching GL since it was a 15 minute black & white show. But I've loved it from LUJACK to ROGER to Harley and Gus!!!

Best of luck to the fine actors of GL. You will always be part of my day......be it VCR or DVDR.....

#9   2009/09/23 04:58AM
    GRANDMA TEE

I thought the last show was well done, and the way it was done leaves an opportunity for the show to maybe return one day(although I really don't see that happening).

#10   2009/09/23 05:27AM
    val15

We can dare to dream . . .

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list