List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Supporting Soaps

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Supporting Soaps

Started by calliope at 2009/09/22 09:34AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/22 01:32PM, Views: 440, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2009/09/22 09:34AM
    Supporting Soaps
    calliope

There is a lot of talk right now about not watching CBS because they took out the Light. I know where you are coming from but please keep supporting the soaps. On any network...I don't want to see them all be darkened.

#2   2009/09/22 09:55AM
    Re: Supporting Soaps
    Beeloo03

I'll still tune into ATWT because that was considered the "sister soap" to GL and it's my fav next to GL.....plus, I can't wait to see how Tom Pelphrey does on there.

I'm a CBS girl all the way in terms of the soaps (ZERO interest in ABC or NBC)......but I'm finding that Y&R and B&B just aren't my thing right now.

#3   2009/09/22 10:06AM
    calliope

I love ATWT and like Y&R. I haven't watched B&B for about a month now. Tired of the repeat Brooke & Ridge show! I don't think I have ever watched a soap on another network!

#4   2009/09/22 10:56AM
    freckles61

The only soaps I have ever watched are Another World and Guiding Light. I've been so bummed since our GL cancellation and have felt so depressed these last two mornings without GL. I've tried watching Y&R a few times but just can't get into it. Maybe in time...I'll find another one so I can still look forward to that hour a day that I set aside for GL. Who knows....

#5   2009/09/22 12:38PM
    GLandWT

Quote calliope: I love ATWT and like Y&R. I haven't watched B&B for about a month now. Tired of the repeat Brooke & Ridge show! I don't think I have ever watched a soap on another network!

I too like ATWT. I haven't quite got back into Y&R. It is on in ATL at 3PM - started yesterday. B&B is so not worth my watching. I can't stand Brooke and I hate that Ridge is with her. I will continue to watch ATWT until the end.

#6   2009/09/22 01:32PM
    shorty1943

I also wrote on another thread for everyone to please support the other soaps even if they do not like CBS. The other soaps should not have to pay the price that our beloved Guiding Light did, so we need to watch as much as we can. I have only watched CBS soaps, thought about AMC because I love Gus and Harley,not their parts now, but just could never get into it...but will try again soon.

If you try one and it does not hold your interest, go to another one and come back later, just like all soap stories there are good and bad story lines...I just love ATWT and pray that they leave it on for a long, long time!!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list