List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Let's PROVE We Paid Attention to GL Sponsor Ads!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Let's PROVE We Paid Attention to GL Sponsor Ads!

Started by Glfansince78 at 2009/09/21 06:23PM
    Latest post: 2009/09/22 07:27AM, Views: 580, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2009/09/21 06:23PM
    Let's PROVE We Paid Attention to GL Sponsor Ads!
    Glfansince78

!) Let's prove how much we paid attention to the advertising during Guiding Light--whether in the spots that broke up our soap during the hour, or through our characters using them on the show!

If you remember products that were advertised while you watched the show on tv or even online, put it in this thread and lets see how big we can get it! I remember LOTS of them, but the point is to make the thread LONG, so put only one at a time to make an impression on the people that paid to keep it going every day!

First one, I want to mention didn't break the show up--but boy, did Springfield LOVE it's

PRINGLES!

Seriously! Don't you at least want to TRY to convince sponsors that we paid attention and we'd be a good market for them?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/21 06:33PM
    #2   2009/09/21 07:11PM
    Re: Let's PROVE We Paid Attention to GL Sponsor Ads!
    rogerthorpe

Well...since probably 9 out of 10 of the "sponsors" were actually P&G products..and since P&G own GL and used it mainly as a vehicle to pimp their products (both during the show and commercial breaks), and since P&G were the ones who LIED about trying to find GL a new home, when in fact they want OUT of the soap business..then yes, I think we should let them know we were paying attention..by not buying any of their products!

#3   2009/09/21 07:17PM
    Glfansince78

But there were others!
    I saw, to name just a few:
    O'Douls
    Lysol
    Sprint
    and Blackberry. Those aren't Proctor and Gamble! And the point here is NOT to support the P & G products, but to prove to other possible sponsors that their products were making an impact over the years!

#4   2009/09/22 07:14AM
    neiceyblessed

Quote rogerthorpe: Well...since probably 9 out of 10 of the "sponsors" were actually P&G products..and since P&G own GL and used it mainly as a vehicle to pimp their products (both during the show and commercial breaks), and since P&G were the ones who LIED about trying to find GL a new home, when in fact they want OUT of the soap business..then yes, I think we should let them know we were paying attention..by not buying any of their products!

Sounds like an even BETTER plan

#5   2009/09/22 07:27AM
    PelphreyPosse

I think the second option is better too. What do you think these sponsors are going to do, give you another soap, not likely. They know we are out there, all 1.5 million of us GL lovers, we simply aren't enough for them to be interested in us. Thus, the cancellation of our show.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list