List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Day 1 without Guiding Light....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Day 1 without Guiding Light....

Started by SoapStar87 at 2009/09/21 12:24PM
    Latest post: 2009/09/25 02:15PM, Views: 2031, Replies: 25
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/21 12:24PM
    Day 1 without Guiding Light....
    SoapStar87

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!

#2   2009/09/21 12:40PM
    Re: Day 1 without Guiding Light....
    rogerthorpe

What? You didn't enjoy the "Price is Right" rerun? (yeh..I looked in the program guide to see what they were showing). Just think..shortly, we'll have the mind numbing "Let's Make a Deal."

No wonder this country is in so much trouble. I keep reading about Crystal Chappell's "Venice." Every other day, she gets another GL actor to join. My question is - why the hell didn't she just try to take GL to the web? I know she's got her underpants in a bunch over her and Natalia not kissing and all, so she's doing this lesbian soap (not that there's anything wrong with that), but seriously...I think a web version of GL would have kicked ass too!

#3   2009/09/21 12:42PM
    Two to Tango

The TV sits dark and silent, the Light is gone! Missing it...can't deal with this. CBS will not bring it back, ever, that I know. Reva, where are you? Josh? Jonathan? Lizzie? Bill? Beth? Phillip? Rick? Buzz? Allen...are you really dead? Where have they all gone?

#4   2009/09/21 12:48PM
    pink kiity

have you try selling your TV on eBay, what i cant stand about the price is right is drew Cary its not the same without bob barker, but no deal for me

#5   2009/09/21 12:55PM
    stormie420

found myself finishing up chores around 12:30 to be done before 2 to have my realxing gl hour then realized 35plus yeras is gone no reason to turn on tv al all til 7 or 8 pm soo strange

#6   2009/09/21 12:58PM
    ncgirl

I'm SO bummed! Not sitting down to catch GL at 3pm Monday-Friday is going to put me into a depression! This is only the first day and I am already so sad. I know that the show isn't coming back.....it feels like a loss in my family. I always figured this show would still be on when I wasn't anymore. It was on the air during my Grandmother's life time. I grew up watching it with my Mom and Grandma. It's still hard for me to believe that GL is gone. CBS has made a terrible mistake! Where's the loyalty to the oldest soap on the air?!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/21 12:59PM
    #7   2009/09/21 01:25PM
    neca_marie

So I'm sitting here at work like I do every day and wait until about 20 minutes after the soaps end to read the recaps/updates. I looked at the clock and thought "oh its 420 GL is over time to read about reva and the gang" but then i clicked refresh and realized its over. and now i'll hold it together until i get in the car and let a few tears shed because its really over. wow

#8   2009/09/21 03:27PM
    gramie

Day 1 - I went shopping and bought a new pair of shoes to make cheer myself up. I felt bad when I changed the VCR to end at 3 instead of 4.. I am determined to not watch CBS I dislike them too much for canceling G&L. we still have Y&R for 2 years but I watch it on canwest Global. I can take the B&B and ATWT or leave them I am just that not into them not like G&L. I do not want to get hooked on another soap but may try one an another network OLTL or Days I guess I will pick the one with the highest ratings? I just know I will never watch the big deal.

#9   2009/09/21 03:29PM
    Bizzie Fan

Day 1 without GL was aweful. Went to bed last night thinking of GL and wondering what today's episode would have been, got up this morning still thinking about GL, and it didn't get much better throughout the day. It was terrible. When 3:00 came today and there was no GL, it was like a part of me was missing. Then added to that, it rained all day where I live so that added to the gloom of not having our GL and Springfield family.

#10   2009/09/21 04:32PM
    Glfansince78

This is the time of day when my work is about to start winding down enough to watch my recorded or internet-streamed daily Guiding Light usually. I suddenly got excited about seeing....oh....wait...49 years of soap watching and now nothing....bummer.....

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list