List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: IT'S 10am in NY as i sit here

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

IT'S 10am in NY as i sit here

Started by edge of night at 2009/09/21 07:56AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/22 07:43AM, Views: 980, Replies: 12
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/21 07:56AM
    IT'S 10am in NY as i sit here
    edge of night

CRYING because NO GL to watch.....my hubby is trying to console me we are both off this morning this 50 something year old chick is a mess. It was the last link to my grandmother who has been dead for 28 years i used to talk to her during the eppy's i will not watch Wayne Brady.....LONG LIVE THE LIGHT....i still dream it will return if only in mini movies,can't remember a time the citzen's of springfield were not in my life it is like an old friend has die

#2   2009/09/21 08:31AM
    Re: IT'S 10am in NY as i sit here
    Treester

I know exactly how you feel. I had to remove it from my DVR list of shows to record, and felt really really bad for having to do it. It sucks, don't it?

#3   2009/09/21 08:37AM
    akwood

I thought about gl all weekend long. I guess I was still trying to let it all sink in that it is really gone. Have no idea how I'm gonna feel at 2:00 today.

#4   2009/09/21 09:14AM
    Sky200868

I taped the last 5 days of Guiding light, and told hubby dont EVER delete them and I have the awards as well.
    I wouldnt even go out to the living room cause I know its not on:(
    I know the feeling I to have been watching it since I can remember, with my mother. I feel like a part of me is gone, as Im sure everyone does.
    Patty

#5   2009/09/21 02:54PM
    bigtimesoapfan

Sad part is for those of us who can't afford cable, the local channels we get(abc,nbc, etc...) are canceling the shows and in their place, were getting news shows like the today show that starts @4am and continues (off/on)until noon and from that it goes to infomercials. I hope something is fixed soon because imo if GL can be cncelled any of our shows can!! Lets hope people wake up and save our soaps.

#6   2009/09/21 03:14PM
    NevadaGLfan

I know exactly how you feel... my Grandmother has been gone for 18 years and everyday at 2:00 I would feel close to her again... I used to love to listen to her talk about listening to GL on the radio and she would always tell me and my sisters about the old story lines and characters.... this show was a very dear ols friend to all of us....I too am holding onto the "false" hope that someday my friend will return....

#7   2009/09/21 03:31PM
    TeresaOMG

I didnt even turn that channel on to even watch my other 2 shows that i watch and I'm not going to turn that channel on ever again its really sad Cbs has really hurt alot of people its like looseing your best friend.

#8   2009/09/21 08:19PM
    Sky200868

Im with you I have no interest in watching CBS anymore!
    Patty

#9   2009/09/21 09:46PM
    PelphreyPosse

To show you how much the fans are missing GL, Pittsburgh SLS is sold out, Atlanta is selling fast and another show is being readied. Fans are wanting to catch a glimpse of the actors before they are gone for good. I'm glad that we still have that, at least.

#10   2009/09/21 10:54PM
    Guidinglight...

i'm done with cbs! i watched gl since i was 10 years old..i'm 23 now so thats half of my life! my late grandmother loved gl like my mom and my aunt...i feel i've lost a peice of her when i lost gl..i hope cbs is happy because they have ruined my day today..i have the last 2 weeks on my dvr and i'm planing on putting them on dvd..i'll always have utube but it wont be the same..i'm so sad

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list