List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Just wanted to say thank you to everyone

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone

Started by Beeloo03 at 2009/09/19 07:50PM
    Latest post: 2009/09/22 09:54PM, Views: 563, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2009/09/19 07:50PM
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone
    Beeloo03

I only joined this forum two days ago because I just needed to talk to other GL fans to ease my pain of losing our beloved show (sounds so melodramatic, doesn't it...but it's true! LOL).

I wanted to thank you all for being so kind and easy to chat with.

I have chimed in at another forum or two and have basically been treated like an outcast/outsider because I'm a "newbie". Hey, I thought I'd be welcomed because I loved GL like anyone else (long time fan of over 30 years). But it wasn't the case, that's for sure....sheesh!

So thanks for letting this "newbie" post away and for accepting me.....you're a good bunch!

#2   2009/09/20 07:42AM
    Re: Just wanted to say thank you to everyone
    clicquot1

Quote Beeloo03: I only joined this forum two days ago because I just needed to talk to other GL fans to ease my pain of losing our beloved show (sounds so melodramatic, doesn't it...but it's true! LOL).

I wanted to thank you all for being so kind and easy to chat with.

I have chimed in at another forum or two and have basically been treated like an outcast/outsider because I'm a "newbie". Hey, I thought I'd be welcomed because I loved GL like anyone else (long time fan of over 30 years). But it wasn't the case, that's for sure....sheesh!

So thanks for letting this "newbie" post away and for accepting me.....you're a good bunch!

I too, was in a very similiar position as you were BEELOO03 and wish to thank ya'll have on the boards since it's inception. I know not everyone got the ending they were hoping for, but look at it this way since TPTB are not doing anymore writing then you can end it your own way. I, just happened to love the ending and agreed with the actor who played PHILLIP(GRANT ALESANDER)that the characters who "should"have been together were. To, me it didn't matter TPTB didn't show PHILLIP & BETH,RICK or MELINDA SUE, or even REVA or JOSH getting married because in my mind they did, and since GL was ending after 72 years I gave my T.V. family their happily ever after. I know that is not real life, but in reel live and fantasy I want them ALL happily ever after. Even Jeffery who I think was really KING RICHARD and as many of ya'll have seen in my fantasy I would have him kill EDMUND ,get shot, and wake up in the hospital as the king still married to CASSIE so she could also get her happily ever after. Also by doing that we will have gone back in time and so many horrible things did NOT have to happen, GUS, TAMMY, ROSS, COOP'S, and ALAN'S death, JOSH'S marriage to CASSIE, HARLEY'S leaving, Holly's kidnapping children, and PHILLIP'S meltdown, crimes, and going to a mental facility. Well, of course I left out some things, but ya'll catch my drift. Anyway, it's been a pleasure sharing with ya'll and I hope life brings ya'll much health and happines....................

#3   2009/09/20 08:01AM
    Rosie Butter...

I think most everyone here were people that loved GL,but big hearted people in their everyday life. I have "meet" some of the best people here!! It is funny, GL was started out to help show people the light and the goodness of mankind. This site is a example of that!!

#4   2009/09/22 02:56PM
    Gfan

Since you were kind of going down "memory lane" would you please explain to me alittle more about Edmund/Jeffery? I didn't know that Ed was married to Beth. What was with Shayne and Lara? Why was Edmund after Revas kids? Was jeffery a secret agent and was he after Edmund? Thanks.

#5   2009/09/22 02:58PM
    Gfan

Could someone help me? Was Beth married to Edmund? What was with the story of Shayne and Lara? Why was Ed after Revas children? Was Jeffery a secret agent and was he after Edmund?

#6   2009/09/22 09:22PM
    tetotomom

I found the best way to catch up on who is who and who did what is to go to the cast list and click on each person in the cast and it'll tell their history on there. I just read all about Billy Lewis . Lots of stuff I'd forgotten because I've been watching it since it was a 15 min show every day. I hope they leave this site and message board up on here so we can keep up with everything and every body.

#7   2009/09/22 09:54PM
    mpwifefl

Quote tetotomom: I found the best way to catch up on who is who and who did what is to go to the cast list and click on each person in the cast and it'll tell their history on there. I just read all about Billy Lewis . Lots of stuff I'd forgotten because I've been watching it since it was a 15 min show every day. I hope they leave this site and message board up on here so we can keep up with everything and every body.

I, too, have been watching GL since it was just 15 minutes and agree that the best way is to go to the cast list. Also, YOUTUBE.COM helps!! I have some episodes from back in the mid80s but don't know if they'll even work anymore. I take care of my father now and don't get a chance to make DVDs out of the VHS tapes. I'll try my best to help with the story lines!!!!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list