List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Funny little blooper I picked up on in final show

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Funny little blooper I picked up on in final show

Started by Beeloo03 at 2009/09/19 07:19AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/23 08:44PM, Views: 5053, Replies: 32
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2009/09/20 11:25AM
    Re: Funny little blooper I picked up on in final show
    carmck

Quote Beeloo03: This is silly, but something I noticed and it made me chuckle.

When Frank was talking to another character about Daisy leaving for college in California (can't recall who he was talking to), he said something along the lines of, "Only problem is, the college is on the other coast."

LOL......what other coast? Springfield is in the midwest, which is not on ANY coast.

Because GL films in NYC and NJ, Frank Dicoupolous slipped up and was referring to the other coast as the west coast. He should have said, "Only problem is, she is going away to the West Coast." LOL

I thought that was a cute minor blooper. Damn, I miss this show already!

But what about all the "beach" scenes throughout the years, including Alan's funeral. I think it has been debated on this board in the past just exactly what state Springfield is supposed to be in. Any input?

#12   2009/09/20 11:36AM
    shorty1943

carmck,
    I am not 100% sure but seems to me like GL was filmed in Peapack, NJ. Also weren't they calling it a lake other than the ocean? I was listening so hard the last few weeks in order to not miss one single thing......that I must have missed a lot!! Already miss this show, what in the world will tomorrow bring, our first day without our GL!! It will bring a lot of sadness to a lot of people,I bet..

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/20 11:37AM
    #13   2009/09/20 11:43AM
    MaryTX

But what about all the "beach" scenes throughout the years, including Alan's funeral. I think it has been debated on this board in the past just exactly what state Springfield is supposed to be in. Any input?[/quote]

I have never seen a "great lake"...but I do envision a beach area and the waves that were shown on the show...

#14   2009/09/20 11:46AM
    lovenoah

Yes, GL films most of their exterior shots in Peapack, NJ. The scenes of the double wedding were filmed at the Lake Mohawk Country Club in Sparta, NJ. Many lakes have man made beaches.

The scenes of the scattering of Alan's ashes were supposed to be at a lake but they were, in fact, filmed at the beach in Sandy Hook, NJ. The lighthouse scenes also were filmed at Sandy Hook.

I hope that helps clear things up.

BTW, it could've been the writer's error about the "other coast" and not Frank's.

#15   2009/09/20 12:29PM
    shorty1943

Quote lovenoah: Yes, GL films most of their exterior shots in Peapack, NJ. The scenes of the double wedding were filmed at the Lake Mohawk Country Club in Sparta, NJ. Many lakes have man made beaches.

The scenes of the scattering of Alan's ashes were supposed to be at a lake but they were, in fact, filmed at the beach in Sandy Hook, NJ. The lighthouse scenes also were filmed at Sandy Hook.

I hope that helps clear things up.

BTW, it could've been the writer's error about the "other coast" and not Frank's.

Thanks, lovenoah,
    I thought that was true about Peapack and the lake,however had not a clue which lake it was. Lake Mohawk is a beautiful area from what it looked like during the weddings.
    Had forgotten about the lighthouse being at Sandy Hook, thanks for your help getting it all straight for us..

Also, I agree about Frank's coast thing, they must have all been so sad and probably nervous, suprised there were not a lot more bloopers that last few days!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/20 12:31PM
    #16   2009/09/20 05:11PM
    Beeloo03

Now why have I always thought that "Springfield" was supposed to be in Illinois, or somewhere in the midwest?

I wonder if I've just assumed this through the years or did I hear it mentioned on GL? Now I don't know!! LOL

Anyway...about the outdoor scenes.......born and raised here in NJ and I'm very familiar with both Peapack and Lake Mohawk (I live right near Lake Mohawk, which is part of Sparta, NJ). Both are very pretty areas.

#17   2009/09/20 05:29PM
    shorty1943

Quote Beeloo03: Now why have I always thought that "Springfield" was supposed to be in Illinois, or somewhere in the midwest?

I wonder if I've just assumed this through the years or did I hear it mentioned on GL? Now I don't know!! LOL

Anyway...about the outdoor scenes.......born and raised here in NJ and I'm very familiar with both Peapack and Lake Mohawk (I live right near Lake Mohawk, which is part of Sparta, NJ). Both are very pretty areas.

Oh my goodness, so you were right there when they were filming for the last couple of years or however long it has been since they started using Peapack?? I think for years they made us believe that Springfield was in Illinois, don't believe that you just dreamed it up. Just wish that they were still filming, even if it was in Alaska, because that would mean we would still have our beloved GL!!!

#18   2009/09/20 05:55PM
    Beeloo03

Quote shorty1943:
    Quote Beeloo03: Now why have I always thought that "Springfield" was supposed to be in Illinois, or somewhere in the midwest?

Oh my goodness, so you were right there when they were filming for the last couple of years or however long it has been since they started using Peapack?? I think for years they made us believe that Springfield was in Illinois, don't believe that you just dreamed it up. Just wish that they were still filming, even if it was in Alaska, because that would mean we would still have our beloved GL!!!

I was JUST talking about this to my husband and kids earlier today....about how one of my absolute favorite things to do has been driving out to Peapack in the hopes of seeing some of the GL stars filming. My girls are 9 and 10 and would always say to me, "I can't wait to take the drive to look for the people from your show again!" LOL

Well, after a bunch of times going out there (it's not far, not even a hour....Lake Mohawk is mere minutes), and never being lucky enough to catch them, we hit the jackpot this past summer and saw them filming! As soon as I drove up the one street where I know they film (it's the property there were using for the Bauer house scenes), I saw a huge crowd of people milling around.....cameras, then I spotted Ellen Wheeler and others going over papers (I guess scripts) with Tom Pelphrey. To this day, my girls still talk about the "Pelphey guy"......they leave out the "r" and don't say Pelphrey, but instead, Pelphey...LOL.

So anyway, while talking to my husband and kids earlier today, I said to them, "There's no reason to drive out to Peapack anymore........" Even if I did, it would be too darn sad!

#19   2009/09/20 07:05PM
    lovenoah

I've been to Peapack to see them filming several times over the past year. The most recent was for the last two days of filming. I saw the fast forward scenes being filmed at the ballfield, Doris coming out to Ashley, Mel and Cyrus kissing, Remy & Christina getting married, Alan and Buzz on the porch of Company talking about Phillip's surgery, Daisy talking to James outside the hospital, among others.

#20   2009/09/20 07:08PM
    shorty1943

Quote Beeloo03:
    Quote shorty1943:

I was JUST talking about this to my husband and kids earlier today....about how one of my absolute favorite things to do has been driving out to Peapack in the hopes of seeing some of the GL stars filming. My girls are 9 and 10 and would always say to me, "I can't wait to take the drive to look for the people from your show again!" LOL

Well, after a bunch of times going out there (it's not far, not even a hour....Lake Mohawk is mere minutes), and never being lucky enough to catch them, we hit the jackpot this past summer and saw them filming! As soon as I drove up the one street where I know they film (it's the property there were using for the Bauer house scenes), I saw a huge crowd of people milling around.....cameras, then I spotted Ellen Wheeler and others going over papers (I guess scripts) with Tom Pelphrey. To this day, my girls still talk about the "Pelphey guy"......they leave out the "r" and don't say Pelphrey, but instead, Pelphey...LOL.

So anyway, while talking to my husband and kids earlier today, I said to them, "There's no reason to drive out to Peapack anymore........" Even if I did, it would be too darn sad!

How wonderful for you to see it at least one time. If I would get to see Tom "Pelphey" I could die a very happy woman!! It is sad for so many people and must be for you since they were almost in your neighborhood. Thanks for telling us the story, I agree it would be sad to go back now!!

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list