List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Funny little blooper I picked up on in final show

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Funny little blooper I picked up on in final show

Started by Beeloo03 at 2009/09/19 07:19AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/23 08:44PM, Views: 5212, Replies: 32
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/19 07:19AM
    Funny little blooper I picked up on in final show
    Beeloo03

This is silly, but something I noticed and it made me chuckle.

When Frank was talking to another character about Daisy leaving for college in California (can't recall who he was talking to), he said something along the lines of, "Only problem is, the college is on the other coast."

LOL......what other coast? Springfield is in the midwest, which is not on ANY coast.

Because GL films in NYC and NJ, Frank Dicoupolous slipped up and was referring to the other coast as the west coast. He should have said, "Only problem is, she is going away to the West Coast." LOL

I thought that was a cute minor blooper. Damn, I miss this show already!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/19 07:21AM
    #2   2009/09/19 07:25AM
    Re: Funny little blooper I picked up on in final show
    uncgrad80

I noticed a major blooper that may have been addressed before but I didn't see it. I have watched off and on the past few years but after a lifetime with the show, wanted to see the end. Alan, as Phillip's father, saved his life. But Alan wasn't Phillip's biological father. Justin Marler was.

#3   2009/09/19 07:32AM
    Beeloo03

Ah yes, I've been watching since way back when (almost 40 years) and I've always recalled the story of Justin Marler being Philip's bio dad.

#4   2009/09/19 07:36AM
    ncgirl

Quote uncgrad80: I noticed a major blooper that may have been addressed before but I didn't see it. I have watched off and on the past few years but after a lifetime with the show, wanted to see the end. Alan, as Phillip's father, saved his life. But Alan wasn't Phillip's biological father. Justin Marler was.

That was addressed in the SL. Alan just happened to be an 80% match to Phillip. Another "miracle" in SF!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/19 07:37AM
    #5   2009/09/19 07:39AM
    uncgrad80

Thanks ncgirl(we are in the same state). I'm glad it was somewhat addressed.

#6   2009/09/19 10:32AM
    mdcjjj

Quote uncgrad80: I noticed a major blooper that may have been addressed before but I didn't see it. I have watched off and on the past few years but after a lifetime with the show, wanted to see the end. Alan, as Phillip's father, saved his life. But Alan wasn't Phillip's biological father. Justin Marler was.

That wasn't a blooper--they said wasn't it ironic that Alan was a match even though Phillip was adopted.

#7   2009/09/20 07:13AM
    Gfan

Who was Justin MArler and why did he give up Phillip?

#8   2009/09/20 07:25AM
    clicquot1

Quote Gfan: Who was Justin MArler and why did he give up Phillip?

JUSTIN(brother to ROSS)&JACKIE MARLER were PHILLIP'S bio parents. Someone help me here, I believe they were college sweethearts and JACKIE became pregnant and JUSTIN was going to med school and so she didn't tell him and he was given up for adoption. ALAN "bought" him(PHILLIP)through a questionable adoption because ELIZABETH(ALAN'S wife at the time)couldn't have children. PHILLIP found out that ALAN WASN'T his bio dad when BRADLEY RAINES(BETH'S step-father & Horrible, horrible villian IMO)told him at he & BETH'S prom where they were voted PROM KING & PROM QUEEN). Hope that helps. Oh, by the way JUSTIN, JACKIE, and ROSS all died in plane crashes although not the same one.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/20 07:26AM
    #9   2009/09/20 07:27AM
    mdcjjj

Quote Gfan: Who was Justin MArler and why did he give up Phillip?

From what I recall, I don't think he knew that Jackie (Phillip's mother) was pregnant. I can't even remember if they were married at the time.

#10   2009/09/20 07:30AM
    professor

Did anyone else see the wedding ring on Beth's finger? The marriage of Phillip and Beth wasn't even mentioned. I guess it happened during the fast-forwarded year that we didn't get to see in the final episode.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list