List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Alan Spaulding's Funeral

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Alan Spaulding's Funeral

Started by GrannieJoni at 2009/09/18 03:16PM
    Latest post: 2009/09/21 12:52PM, Views: 2280, Replies: 17
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2009/09/20 10:23AM
    Re: Alan Spaulding's Funeral
    Tinker-Bell

Finally, as the show has ended I can honestly say that the writers did a p#%$%-poor job of maintaining the integrity of what was the best soap opera on CBS.
    And the end result was even worse...First of all, Philip was not a "biological" Spaulding. His father was Dr. Justin Marler.
    Following along...Alan Michael was the son of Hope Bauer and Alan Spaulding...where was he? Pretty lame writing.
    So for all of you that are boo-hooing over the demise of the GL...blame it on the CBS and their poor choice of writers.

#12   2009/09/20 11:27AM
    cat1005

Quote Tinker-Bell: Finally, as the show has ended I can honestly say that the writers did a p#%$%-poor job of maintaining the integrity of what was the best soap opera on CBS.
    And the end result was even worse...First of all, Philip was not a "biological" Spaulding. His father was Dr. Justin Marler.
    Following along...Alan Michael was the son of Hope Bauer and Alan Spaulding...where was he? Pretty lame writing.
    So for all of you that are boo-hooing over the demise of the GL...blame it on the CBS and their poor choice of writers.

If you have read any of the posts within the last couple of months you would have seen that 99% of every complaint has been about the writers. And for your "so for all of you that are boo-hooing" that is just mean. Alot of people loved the show and are sad that is is gone, evn with the bad s/l's.

#13   2009/09/20 08:01PM
    mat317

If people would have paid attention to the story, they would have heard Ed say to Alan. I dont know how it happened. You are not Phillip's biological father, but by some circumstance, you just happen to be a match.
    It was the entire purpose of Guiding Light. Someone who thinks of himself and what he presumes is "family" and realizes that he can finally do something good for someone else. ONLY LOVE CAN SAVE THE WORLD

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/20 08:07PM
    #14   2009/09/21 11:13AM
    Tinker-Bell

FYI I'm probably older than you and have watched the Guiding Light much longer than you. My Grandmother watched it, my Mom watched and my 2 sisters watched it. During my Navy tour, I never missed an episode...thus far.
    What I witnessed was a miserable metamorphosis occurring over the years, with story lines changing constantly, actors leaving, being dropped that were essential characters but I stayed loyal to the Light.
    So, person, I miss the GL as much as anyone, and have for several years. Perhaps you should go to YOUTUBE and watch prior episodes down through the years if you have not done so and maybe you will understand my post.
    And as for Matt...still, hon, I did not remember Ed saying that but if he did...that was bogus, bumbled writing on the writers part to add that to the storyline.
    For that reason, I do believe that they just trashed the ending of the show, to be done with it, which in my opinion, did nothing at all for the integrity of all of the actors past and present that did such a good job with such poor trashy writing.

#15   2009/09/21 11:15AM
    Tinker-Bell

Actually, I don't come to the board very often...:-)

#16   2009/09/21 11:55AM
    Highlander

I totally agree with you Tinker-bell.
    I thought the whole ending of it was not well done at all. I was glad Josh and Reva were finally together in the end, but all the bad writing through the years led up to this. I personally believe the majority of it happened when Josh and Cassie were put together and they were so mean to Reva. Followed with more bad storylines the audience didn't like which I'm assuming they thought meant controversy so kept it going despite the backlash. Seems to me if someone left or said something whoever was in charge didn't like, their characters were ruined or they died so they couldn't come back.
    I thought Alan's death was not well done at all. Wouldn't he fall over?
    The funeral was awful. Why was everything done to look so cheap? Why was everything done in the park or at the pond?
    Weddings, funerals, etc...
    I was not surprised it went off the air. Disappointed my once favorite show died such a horrible death, but not at all surprised
    I will try to remember Guiding Light for what it once was.... not what it became.

#17   2009/09/21 12:34PM
    calliope

There seems to be an issue with Alan donating bone marrow to a man who is not his biological son. That is quite possible. Sometimes the closest relatives are not enough of a match to donate and strangers are.

#18   2009/09/21 12:52PM
    Two to Tango

I know why Allen had to die and have a funeral so close to the end of the show. It was really about the show dying and the funeral was really supposed to let the fans of GL grieve. So they had to choose one character to die. Not handled perfectly, but I guess they meant well. I'll miss GL! If there were a GL grave I'd go there and put a single red rose on the grave!

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list