List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Alan Spaulding's Funeral

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Alan Spaulding's Funeral

Started by GrannieJoni at 2009/09/18 03:16PM
    Latest post: 2009/09/21 12:52PM, Views: 2423, Replies: 17
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/18 03:16PM
    Alan Spaulding's Funeral
    GrannieJoni

I am so thankful that the writers "let" Alan be the good guy at the end. I loved those scenes with he and Philip..show might have lasted if we had writing like that the last couple of years and all these great actors back with decent S/L (except for the stupid Nat/Oliva thing - gag time). Anyway, class act for Alan but writers still think we are stupid - they could have at least mentioned why Amanda and Alan Michael did not return for their father's funeral. Good bye to a great soap that in recent years has been very painful to watch - such awful S/L. Great ending. I now have to reprogram my VCR and take off the daily 3-4 on CBS. WOW, been most of my life watching this show. The light is off, it is dark.

#2   2009/09/18 08:21PM
    Re: Alan Spaulding's Funeral
    mat317

You know what would have been cool for Alan's funeral?
    Rev. Rutledge's great grandson, Rev. Rutledge, who happens to be in the nearby town of Five Points to officiate Alan's funeral.

#3   2009/09/19 05:27AM
    val15

I forgot all about Alan Michael. He should have come back.

#4   2009/09/19 05:29AM
    mdcjjj

Quote val15: I forgot all about Alan Michael. He should have come back.

I"ve been watching again for about 6 months--they never even mentioned him once!

#5   2009/09/19 04:29PM
    pjmb

Quote mdcjjj:

I"ve been watching again for about 6 months--they never even mentioned him once!

Yeah that was kind of weird that they never even mentioned him,like he never even existed.I almost forgot about Amanda, she hasn't been mentioned in years either. He was Alan's son and he had so many storylines in the past, he should not have been overlooked. It would have also been nice to mention Alex's son Nick. They might have mentioned visting him on her trip with Fletcher Reed. I guess we could'nt have it all in so little time. I wish also that they would have given a shout out to Roger Thorpe, my favorite character for so many years. The last I heard from him he had married Alan's sister?daughter? I don't remember exactly and left town was that Amanda or someone else? Can anyone refresh my memory?

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/19 04:38PM
    #6   2009/09/20 07:52AM
    professor

Michael Zaslow, Roger Thorpe, passed away from ALS in 1998.

#7   2009/09/20 07:58AM
    Rosie Butter...

I wish they would have read a will. I wonder if he left money for the family of the guy that took his place in the war? I wish Harley sent Zack back to say good bye to his Grandpa. Since Zack was born before James, he could have came back by himself.

#8   2009/09/20 08:04AM
    GrannieJoni

Well, no one could fulfill Roger's shoes. The writer's tried but we fans would not take the new Roger. He married Amanda (gosh remember all that hair?) and they moved to Europe or California - can't remember which to take over Spaulding Enterprise there. Amanda was suspose to be Alan's sister but later it was revealed that she was Alan's daughter? Something to do Brandon (Alan's father) sleeping with Alan's wife (don't remember which one that was supose to be) or some such Soap Writers twisted S/L.

#9   2009/09/20 08:07AM
    GrannieJoni

Remember he married Lucy - Buz's daughter by someone? I forget where they went.

#10   2009/09/20 08:08AM
    GrannieJoni

Quote professor: Michael Zaslow, Roger Thorpe, passed away from ALS in 1998.

He was a wonderful actor and we all missed him so much that his role could not be filled. I think they tried three different actors and just did not work.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list