List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: And next on GL..

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

And next on GL..

Started by 1ollie at 2009/09/18 01:07PM
    Latest post: 2009/09/21 09:46PM, Views: 2665, Replies: 24
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2009/09/18 10:03PM
    Re: And next on GL..
    Joans daughter

I know what you mean. I was crying and really missing my mom. We used to watch GL together as long as I can remember. She's been gone for a few years now and today while watching the last show I felt like I was losing a friend.
    I think the ending was just right. It ended on a positive note tying up everyone's lives. Reva and Josh belong together.

#12   2009/09/18 11:13PM
    Guidinglight...

i so wanted it say "change of plans..next on guiding light" but it never came..

Gl has been a part of my life for 12 years..thats half my life..i feel empty inside now..i use to watch with my late grandmothr and my mom..i hate this has happened and someone else picks this show up soon..but i dont think it will..:( CBS hurt alot of people today..i hope there happy and th ratings go down the drain!

i loved how all the cast members were at the begining credits and how that played the old ones too...Guiding light will be missed!!

#13   2009/09/18 11:42PM
    wjthomas2003

I can't believe it! GL is the only soap I watch! GL is historical! It must be saved! It started all those years ago to keep peoples minds off the war and depression! And has captivated people ever since! I started watching GL when I was a young teenager! Almost 30 years ago! Hardly missing an episode! I also waited for it to say "Next on GL" and cried even harder when they didn't! There has to be a way to bring them back!!!!!

#14   2009/09/19 05:09AM
    Jorjahgal

I dvr'd it.... just couldn't bring myself to watch it yesterday... longer I waited to watch, the more I could believe it was not really happening. Watched it this morning. OMG.... I think I am going to have to go on anti depressants and xanax. I can't believe how stupid cbs is and I am so so so so so pissed with tptb. This is so depressing. Even my husband is pissed.... and understanding. Like the poster above... I watched with my mom too and just lost her a year ago...and when it ended... my stupid brain went... Call Mama...then oh yeah... can't. I have not felt this kind of anger in a long time. I hope the people who had the final sayso in canceling this show gets warts between their toes for the rest of their life and it makes it painful to walk.

#15   2009/09/19 05:15AM
    val15

It's gonna realy hit me Monday at 9 when it's not on.

#16   2009/09/19 06:51AM
    holly1122

I absolutly cannot believe that Guiding light is off the air and they are replacing it with an encor of prices right can you believe that the prices right yeah that will really appeal to the younger people a bunch of old people winning washers and dryers! who in their right mind would want to watch drew carry after bob barker what is cbs doing?

#17   2009/09/19 07:09AM
    mdcjjj

Quote 1ollie:
    Quote akwood:
    Quote 1ollie: I have already seen GL.. here in Texas. And it was wonderful.. I cried my eyes out..And it made me cry even more when they DIDN'T say next on GL.....

that killed me too!

And at the very end....Where it said THE END.....I just cant believe it.. IT'S BEEN AN HOUR AND I'M STILL CRYING...

Yes, that 'The End' killed me at the end too. I watched this morning on the internet and just bawled.

#18   2009/09/19 07:14AM
    Yarny

Maybe I'll check back with Soaps.com on September 18, 2010 at 12:00 noon. Maybe by then CBS will have something better figured out. There are new young writers graduating from Berkley's writing program just chomping at the bit for an opportunity to write good dialogue. Jeffrey won't come home now even if he did get Edmund. He will be hooked up with Mallet and Dinah in some under cover spy thriller, He won't want Reva and Collin involved in his dangerous life. He will think them better off with safe old Josh. Was lizzie having a boy? She would have named him Allan William.

page: 1

#19   2009/09/19 08:20AM
    catwoman30189

I grew up watching with my Mom and grandmother since the age of 9.( 58 now) I arranged my college classes around the soaps. I watched all summer and holidays after I began teaching. I was so excited with the invention of the VCR so I wouldn't miss an eppy ever again. Then of course DVR. I am like the rest of you very sad to see this show end. I wanted to tell my mother about it too, but sadly she has been gone 12 yrs. so I can't. Gl has so many memories for me. The actors have become like real friends. It has been a tearful few weeks leading up to the end.

#20   2009/09/20 12:35AM
    pink kiity

i had gotten a email from mark Lindsay and he said that he was sorry to see guiding light go that he start watching it in the 50 and still had follow the soap that they had the best actor on there and still had follow it,loosing guiding light will be a big loss not only to the fans but to the soap industries to the people who created them, and guiding light was a soap that had a long history, and will leave a legacy of its own and will miss it greatly. and its said it all you can leave there and you can always go home again and the light will keeps shining and i bet its still on now, this was
    from an email that i had receive from mark Lindsay

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list