List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Ron Raines!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Ron Raines!

Started by spacenut at 2009/09/16 02:17AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/25 08:04PM, Views: 3619, Replies: 33
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2009/09/24 04:04PM
    Re: Ron Raines!
    Rosie Butter...

Quote AlanFan: Folks, I send all the emails sent to Ron via his web site email address directly on to him and the responses that go out are from him. He is very appreciative of all of the kind words that have been sent his way. He tries to respond to as many of them as he can. We have received many the past few weeks!
    Tracey

We are very appreciative of Mr. Raines and all the cast of GL. I am going to order my dad some of Mr. Raines CD's for x-mas. My dad saw him on a PBS special a while back and comment on his voice. My mom is like, that is Alan Spaulding!! So, one present figured out already!! You can sure tell that Mr. Raines loves what he does and dang, he does it so well!!

#22   2009/09/24 04:09PM
    SassyFrass

I love me some Alan Spaulding!!! Woot! Woot!

Ron Raines had pefected this character and I am very grateful to him for that!!!

Alan dying was almost as bad as seeing "The End".

#23   2009/09/24 05:13PM
    PelphreyPosse

I will have to tell you something sweet about Ron Raines. Four years ago when Bradley Cole did his last shows at the Canal Room before moving them to the new Red Cross Center, I had bought a ticket to the second show because the first one was sold out. I was really excited to hear Ron sing and when I got inside for the second show, I couldn't find him with the other actors and asked about him. I was told he was only there for the first show. When I saw him at the luncheon on Saturday that weekend, I told him how disappointed I was that I missed hearing him sing because I went to the second show. He explained that he and wife were taking their daughter to something special and he had to leave early. He told me to make sure I was there for the first show the next year. I told him that I would. The next year I bought tickets for both shows, so I wouldn't take the chance on missing him again. I was standing outside the Red Cross Building in line about 15 people back, when I saw a cab pull up and Ron get out. He was walking into the building and I knew I couldn't get up to him before he would go through the doors. In just a few minutes, I looked up and saw him walking down the line of fans and coming right towards me. He came up and hugged me saying several actors had told him that I was out in line and he wanted to make sure that I could get to him inside. Then he turned around and went back into the building. Nice!!

#24   2009/09/24 06:24PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote PelphreyPosse: I will have to tell you something sweet about Ron Raines. Four years ago when Bradley Cole did his last shows at the Canal Room before moving them to the new Red Cross Center, I had bought a ticket to the second show because the first one was sold out. I was really excited to hear Ron sing and when I got inside for the second show, I couldn't find him with the other actors and asked about him. I was told he was only there for the first show. When I saw him at the luncheon on Saturday that weekend, I told him how disappointed I was that I missed hearing him sing because I went to the second show. He explained that he and wife were taking their daughter to something special and he had to leave early. He told me to make sure I was there for the first show the next year. I told him that I would. The next year I bought tickets for both shows, so I wouldn't take the chance on missing him again. I was standing outside the Red Cross Building in line about 15 people back, when I saw a cab pull up and Ron get out. He was walking into the building and I knew I couldn't get up to him before he would go through the doors. In just a few minutes, I looked up and saw him walking down the line of fans and coming right towards me. He came up and hugged me saying several actors had told him that I was out in line and he wanted to make sure that I could get to him inside. Then he turned around and went back into the building. Nice!!

Howdy PelphreyPosse!!! I think so many Daytime Stars love their craft that they never truly work!! Mr. Raines seem like the type of actor/singer that does what he does for the love of it, not for fame. I would guess that there is little Alan in Mr. Raines, but when Alan is beeing good or cheeky, it is more RR in Alan. I still do not know if I like the s/l of Alan dying, but it really showcased RR and he was flawless!! Take care Hon!

#25   2009/09/24 07:18PM
    PelphreyPosse

Hi, Rosie, I cannot believe that two weeks from today I will be in NYC with all of the GL actors for the last time as a fanclub event. It is so sad to think for some of these actors I might not ever see them in person again. Others I know I will because they are friends, and still others at the SLS events (Ptts, Atlanta and more). I want to try and tell as many as I can how much they were loved by all of us especially those on this board. I wish that they could know how special they are to us and how much we are all grieving for our show. Sadly, most of them will never know the depths of our passion for GL.

#26   2009/09/25 04:19PM
    AlanFan

I didn't see your post when I posted yesterday...I know you? I sure don't recognize the handle!

#27   2009/09/25 04:24PM
    AlanFan

That was my first GL weekend when Ron could only do the first show---and boy was I glad that was the one I had the ticket to! I met him for the first time the following day.

Rosie, make sure you purchases those CDs via the Official GL fan club or through us whenever I get that set up for him (he's going to give me some of them either when I see him in NY or in Pittsburgh.)

Ron and Alan are not alike at all! I will admit that every noe and again when Alan was being sweet, there was a little bit of Ron shining through, but Ron is very mild mannered and even tempered. He is also very funny and loves to joke around. I hope you will come on over to his official board and chat!

#28   2009/09/25 04:52PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote AlanFan: That was my first GL weekend when Ron could only do the first show---and boy was I glad that was the one I had the ticket to! I met him for the first time the following day.

Rosie, make sure you purchases those CDs via the Official GL fan club or through us whenever I get that set up for him (he's going to give me some of them either when I see him in NY or in Pittsburgh.)

Ron and Alan are not alike at all! I will admit that every noe and again when Alan was being sweet, there was a little bit of Ron shining through, but Ron is very mild mannered and even tempered. He is also very funny and loves to joke around. I hope you will come on over to his official board and chat!

I will have to come onto his board, I would love to chat!! Also, thanks for the advice on how to order the CD's. My dad will love them. My dad would have given his right arm to be able to sing like Mr. Raines(sadly he gave a few finger to farming instead). When I was little my dad would be singing musical number out in the cornfields. Most mornings were, "Oh what a beautiful morning!" My dad just wanted the deep baritone voice that the musical of his time the men had. RR has that voice. By the way, our corn did well anyway!!

#29   2009/09/25 04:58PM
    AlanFan

I can listen to him sing all day long. I also have some of the cast recordings that he has done, including the full recording of Man of LaMancha! It is great!

#30   2009/09/25 05:00PM
    PelphreyPosse

Alanfan, you do know me, it's your old bowling partner.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list