List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Ron Raines!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Ron Raines!

Started by spacenut at 2009/09/16 02:17AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/25 08:04PM, Views: 3637, Replies: 33
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2009/09/16 12:31PM
    Re: Ron Raines!
    tiff1

What a wonderful job Ron Raines has done portraying Alan. The chemistry between him and his castmates is so evident. I hope another soap will give him the chance to shine once again.

#12   2009/09/16 01:12PM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote calliope:
    Quote Bizzie Fan:
    Quote calliope: I, too, think about GL at the oddest times. It has enterd my head and I think about these people a lot!
    I knew when they kept the camera on Philip's face that Alan would be dead. It is an odd twist and I'm not sure I like it but we will have to see the effect this death has on our people.
    I love Ron Raines and he still has a long theater career ahead of him. If the show was not going off, I think I would be outraged at them killing him off! RIP Alan!
    You know I keep telling myself that after 42 years with GL, these people are like family to alot of us and that it is normal to think about them, miss them, and be sad when our GL ends and we don't see our Springfield Family everyday.

From what I have read and heard, Ron Raines has a beautiful voice and is a very nice person.

I think it is normal too Bizzie but Shhhhhhhh!! don't tell my kids. They think I may be a bit whacked myself to be so sad about this!
    I know what you mean. I have 2 teenaged boys and they have always made fun of me being so addicted to GL. When we would go on a trip in our motorhome, my husband always had to stop and pull into a WalMart parking lot when it was time for GL so I could watch it. Of corse, my boys let me know that if I wasn't so addicted to GL that we could get to where we were going sooner. But now here is the good one. My oldest son has his driver's license and can drive himself everywhere. However, I usually go with him when he has a Dr. or Dentist. appt., so he comes in today and reminds me that he has a dentist appt. tomorrow and I am like so, what do you want me to to about it, this is my last week with my GL family, your Dad will have to go with you.

#13   2009/09/16 01:21PM
    calliope

Good for you Bizzie. We must keep our priorities straight!!

#14   2009/09/16 02:13PM
    pjmb

Ron Raines has always done a wonderful job with his Alan Spaulding character. I truly loved to hate him. I was really suprized that he died but I think it added some excitement and something to talk about. We would like to see everyone of the characters be happy and perhaps ride off into the sunset, but I like the fact that they are ending with some controversial situations. Go out with a bang, that's the way to go! Since this is the end of the 'Light' a little lightning bolt is good.

#15   2009/09/16 04:47PM
    dmdayslover

I love Ron Raines, and I when I contacted him to let him know the love and support he has from his fans is amazing, he wrote me back and told me thank you for all the years of support and Onward Ron!!! He is an amazing man and so gracious to respond to his fans. He and the rest of the GL cast will be missed, I don't think I have cried this much in a long time and everyday this week for that matter. This is so unbearable. I can't imagine how that stars of the show are doing if we all are having such a hard time.

#16   2009/09/16 05:36PM
    gidgit5353

I still can't believe he died ...I even thought when his sister was sitting there he was going to lift the sheet & smile...I don't know why they did this all the rest of it has been a happy ending....Johnathan bring Sara home, the 2 marriages, Natalia & Olivia getting back together, Philip being saved by Alan, some of the old cast coming back for the end, Philip & Beth getting back together, Mallet & Dinah back together, hopefully Jeffery will come home....hopefully they won't kill him off too....I just don't understand why they did that...they let him be a good guy by saving Philip then let him die!!!...Maybe it's just me but I don't like the way Alan ended...I will truely miss this show too I've been watching it over 40 yrs when it was only on for 15 minutes...you really saw alot of the show with comercials lol

#17   2009/09/17 07:51AM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote dmdayslover: I love Ron Raines, and I when I contacted him to let him know the love and support he has from his fans is amazing, he wrote me back and told me thank you for all the years of support and Onward Ron!!! He is an amazing man and so gracious to respond to his fans. He and the rest of the GL cast will be missed, I don't think I have cried this much in a long time and everyday this week for that matter. This is so unbearable. I can't imagine how that stars of the show are doing if we all are having such a hard time.

I still do not know if I am happy with Alan dying. But, it sure "got me!" I am still thinking about. The other night, our electric went out during the middle of the night, which when things went back on, I woke up. I could not fall back to sleep, I just could not get GL out of my head, especially Alan's death. I found Ron Raines website and it had an e-mail address. I only one other time wrote a letter to someone I do not know to express my admiration for them---that was when I was seven years old to Smokey the Bear. Yes, Smokey did write back and sent me stickers. Anyway, I did receive a wonderful e-mail back. I do not know if Mr. Raines read the e-mail or actually the person who wrote back, but nonetheless, I will cherish it.

#18   2009/09/18 04:21PM
    dmdayslover

Quote Rosie Butterface:
    Quote dmdayslover: I love Ron Raines, and I when I contacted him to let him know the love and support he has from his fans is amazing, he wrote me back and told me thank you for all the years of support and Onward Ron!!! He is an amazing man and so gracious to respond to his fans. He and the rest of the GL cast will be missed, I don't think I have cried this much in a long time and everyday this week for that matter. This is so unbearable. I can't imagine how that stars of the show are doing if we all are having such a hard time.

I still do not know if I am happy with Alan dying. But, it sure "got me!" I am still thinking about. The other night, our electric went out during the middle of the night, which when things went back on, I woke up. I could not fall back to sleep, I just could not get GL out of my head, especially Alan's death. I found Ron Raines website and it had an e-mail address. I only one other time wrote a letter to someone I do not know to express my admiration for them---that was when I was seven years old to Smokey the Bear. Yes, Smokey did write back and sent me stickers. Anyway, I did receive a wonderful e-mail back. I do not know if Mr. Raines read the e-mail or actually the person who wrote back, but nonetheless, I will cherish it.

I am friends with his fan club president and his website designer and he does read his fanmail and lets her know what to write back to each of us. So that is great to know.

#19   2009/09/24 01:45PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote dmdayslover:
    Quote Rosie Butterface:

I am friends with his fan club president and his website designer and he does read his fanmail and lets her know what to write back to each of us. So that is great to know.

Thank you for letting me know this!!!! The e-mail was very classy like Mr. Raines. It really means a lot to me and I have read it every day since GL has been off the air. Thanks!!!

#20   2009/09/24 03:10PM
    AlanFan

Folks, I send all the emails sent to Ron via his web site email address directly on to him and the responses that go out are from him. He is very appreciative of all of the kind words that have been sent his way. He tries to respond to as many of them as he can. We have received many the past few weeks!
    Tracey

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list