List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Ron Raines!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Ron Raines!

Started by spacenut at 2009/09/16 02:17AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/25 08:04PM, Views: 3461, Replies: 33
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/16 02:17AM
    Ron Raines!
    spacenut

When I realized what was going to happen to Alan yesterday, I was horrified, angry and terribly upset! I went to sleep thinking about it, and awoke in the middle of the night realizing that Ron Raines did an awesome acting job! I've always enjoyed his portrayal of Alan, and was so thrilled with his characters good side finally coming through. I know in 3 days all will be gone, but seeing Philip beside himself after finally connecting with his father was just too much to handle for me. I am almost dreading todays episode.
    All of the actors have done an incredible job these last few months. Their abilities have shown through even though they know their job will be over. I'm not sure how I would be able to act in character on such stories knowing it is ending. What an awesome diplay of true emotion and talent.
    I salute them all, and will miss them all!

#2   2009/09/16 06:51AM
    Re: Ron Raines!
    Bizzie Fan

Thank you spacenut. Great post. I was starting to think that I was crazy letting all of this get to me. I am beside myself losing GL and then this happened with Alan. I didn't want anyone to die. I was so loving Phillip and Alan finally being Dad and son. Like you, I went to bed thinking of Alan, woke up in the middle of the night thinking of Alan, got up the next morning thinking of Alan, and was feeling for the family, especially Phillip and Lizzie. Ron Raines did an outstanding job with Alan Spaulding. Thank you Ron Raines/Alan Spaulding for all the memories and doing a wonderful job and to all of the GL actors A Big Thank You! We will miss you.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/16 06:53AM
    #3   2009/09/16 06:55AM
    merrymary

Good morning, Bizzie fan. Isn't it something how this soap gets under your skin and into your brains in the middle of the night? I am sitting on the edge of my seat this morning wiing for the show to begin today. When Ron Raines comes here in Pittsburgh, I hope I get the chance to tell him now loved he is and was by his many fans. HE, made Alan his own throughtout these many years he has been on the show. We, loved him, hated him, yelled at him, and cried with him. I was stunned when I saw him pass away yesterday, or did he?

#4   2009/09/16 09:11AM
    spacenut

MerryMerry, I thought too that it can't be, but with only a few days left... I'll just have to wait to this evening to find out. I know you've been watching as long as I have, and I'm not sure if I agree with the choice to kill Alan. What does that tell us about redemption??

#5   2009/09/16 09:26AM
    calliope

I, too, think about GL at the oddest times. It has enterd my head and I think about these people a lot!
    I knew when they kept the camera on Philip's face that Alan would be dead. It is an odd twist and I'm not sure I like it but we will have to see the effect this death has on our people.
    I love Ron Raines and he still has a long theater career ahead of him. If the show was not going off, I think I would be outraged at them killing him off! RIP Alan!

#6   2009/09/16 11:19AM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote merrymary: Good morning, Bizzie fan. Isn't it something how this soap gets under your skin and into your brains in the middle of the night? I am sitting on the edge of my seat this morning wiing for the show to begin today. When Ron Raines comes here in Pittsburgh, I hope I get the chance to tell him now loved he is and was by his many fans. HE, made Alan his own throughtout these many years he has been on the show. We, loved him, hated him, yelled at him, and cried with him. I was stunned when I saw him pass away yesterday, or did he?
    You know, Merrymary, like I said, ever since yesterday's episode, I find myself thinking of Alan every little bit. Geez, I am going to need so much therapy after this week. Anyway, while I was thinking, I wondered if Alan faked his own death? Far fetched, but typical of Alan. Maybe you can help me out, did Alan think that his dad (Brandon, I think was his name) was dead and them come to find out he was alive on some island? I may be mixed up, but I keep remembering something like this. Do you remember anything?

#7   2009/09/16 11:25AM
    shorty1943

Ron Raines, what a grand actor he is and a joy to watch,
    There is a website ronrainesonline.com that even has a place to buy his cd's. I had read several places that he will go back to broadway, that is good then many people can enjoy his talent. Another one is cbs.com/daytime/guidinglight.. Everyone may already know about these sites, if not they give you a lot of information. He is from Texas and that makes me love him even more!!

#8   2009/09/16 11:30AM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote calliope: I, too, think about GL at the oddest times. It has enterd my head and I think about these people a lot!
    I knew when they kept the camera on Philip's face that Alan would be dead. It is an odd twist and I'm not sure I like it but we will have to see the effect this death has on our people.
    I love Ron Raines and he still has a long theater career ahead of him. If the show was not going off, I think I would be outraged at them killing him off! RIP Alan!
    You know I keep telling myself that after 42 years with GL, these people are like family to alot of us and that it is normal to think about them, miss them, and be sad when our GL ends and we don't see our Springfield Family everyday.

From what I have read and heard, Ron Raines has a beautiful voice and is a very nice person.

#9   2009/09/16 12:08PM
    catwoman30189

You are right on, Spacenut!!! I totally agree. There have been several Alan's through the years but I think Ron has done an excellent job portraying Alan.

#10   2009/09/16 12:23PM
    calliope

Quote Bizzie Fan:
    Quote calliope: I, too, think about GL at the oddest times. It has enterd my head and I think about these people a lot!
    You know I keep telling myself that after 42 years with GL, these people are like family to alot of us and that it is normal to think about them, miss them, and be sad when our GL ends and we don't see our Springfield Family everyday.

From what I have read and heard, Ron Raines has a beautiful voice and is a very nice person.

I think it is normal too Bizzie but Shhhhhhhh!! don't tell my kids. They think I may be a bit whacked myself to be so sad about this!

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list