List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: How much do the actors get paid?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How much do the actors get paid?

Started by Tidewater at 2009/09/08 02:38PM
    Latest post: 2009/09/09 06:21PM, Views: 6123, Replies: 3
    page:
    #1   2009/09/08 02:38PM
    How much do the actors get paid?
    Tidewater

I am just wondering. I am sure it's not a Tom Cruz salary.
    Hopefully enough to live well.

#2   2009/09/08 03:50PM
    Re: How much do the actors get paid?
    PelphreyPosse

Generally speaking for a newcomer, a one year or two year contract begins around $150,000.00 a year. The longer you are on a show the more you can ask for when renewal time comes around if you are still being written for. People like Erica (Vicki on OLTL) Susan Lucci on AMC, Eric (Victor) on Y & R draw amazingly high salaries for 20 plus years on their shows. They are all extremely wealthy.

#3   2009/09/09 04:17PM
    Tidewater

:-) I am sure they earn(ed) every cent. Without those veteran actors (in my opinion) Soaps would have vanished a long time ago.How do they remember all those lines? Do they use prompters,cards? Amazing and they make it look so simple..lol..lol

#4   2009/09/09 06:21PM
    HalfEvil

For someone new to soaps the minimum would be around $700/per episode or even much less, depending on many different factors. Plus they are only guaranteed 1 to 3 days a week of work.

For someone who been been acting at least 5 to 10 years they get about 1500 to 3000 per episode. Still only guaranteed 1 to 3 day of work.

For those that have been working over ten years it's typically around 2000 to 5000 plus per episode.

Then you got the pros like Susan Lucci that are well known and bringing home 7 digit zeros a year.

Other factors affect their pay also even the newcomers. Like meet and greets, promoting, It's mostly how well they are known.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list