List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Where are the actors going??

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Where are the actors going??

Started by spacenut at 2009/09/07 02:42AM
    Latest post: 2009/09/19 08:12PM, Views: 7583, Replies: 26
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/07 02:42AM
    Where are the actors going??
    spacenut

Forgive me if this has been listed somewhere- I am not on this site often.
    Does anyone know if it is posted somewhere where the actors are going next? Or what their plans are?
    I have been watching close to 30 years, and want to know where to continue to see the actors who play Josh, Reva, Rick, Frank, Phillip, Alan and the like. Like most of you, I can not imagine going a week or more without seeing them. It is definitely like saying goodbye to family who live very far away!!

#2   2009/09/07 09:15AM
    Re: Where are the actors going??
    sholsten

I do know that Olivia is gone to Days of Our Lives. Allan & Josh seem to have some work on stage. It seems like Dinah is going to another soap. I think Reva is going to take some time off. I haven't heard much more.

#3   2009/09/07 12:59PM
    PelphreyPosse

Ron (Alan) sings all over the country, will probably stay in NYC. Michael (Rick) has realator's license and sells real estate, will stay in the area. Grant (Phillip) has a attorney for a wife and they will stay put. Jeff (Shayne) will most likely move to L.A. and some of the others I will find out in October what their plans are. Caitlin is already auditioning and Bonnie also, both could relocate to L.A. Most of the others will go where the jobs are, either coast. Jessica and her family might move to L.A. also. These are just the ones I am in contact with.

#4   2009/09/07 09:41PM
    xxEmxx

Thanks Pelphrey! I know a lot of people are going to be looking for jobs so hopefully we get a few of them on some of our other soaps! Keep us posted please!

#5   2009/09/07 11:41PM
    pink kiity

this isn't a good time to be out of work or to be put out of work there are alot of unemployed actor who are trying to find work and only a hand full are getting work and they will be joining them they can collect unemployment for while but that wont last long, cause that will run out to and i just heard the other day that the Hollywood studio are cutting back on the movies they release from there studio cause they aren't getting the backing they need to make them and the bank don't want to back there production or lend the production company the money and some of the Hollywood studio are laiding off I just heard that Disney studio in Burbank are laiding off some of there employee things aren't good in Hollywood and in LA either with acting work and in LA there isn't that much work here and they will find out how hard it is to find work here unless its extra work i just heard they ax the Marie Osmond talk show the network saids its was too expense to produce and that the network didn't want to put out the money to produce Marie Osmond talk show so they ax it, i just heard that Tom cruise was let go from his studio and now he is out of work to,

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/08 12:02AM
    #6   2009/09/08 12:07AM
    xxEmxx

You really cant compare these actors and actresses to Tom Cruise or Marie Osmond. They get paid millions to do nothing. Believe me all the stars on GL are going to find a job. A lot of them have other jobs on the side. And a bunch are auditioning for parts that they will get sometime around. And if KZ doesnt find a job which i think she will she might go into retirement. These actors and actresses arent going to have a problem finding some job. And plus they are still being paid for their work on the show.

#7   2009/09/08 05:55AM
    shorty1943

Many of them do not want more work, they have been on GL for 30-35 years, that is enough for anyone!! That is what Kim Zimmer said, it is time to not have to go to work every day. So I would imagine any of them that want to go back to work, most certainly will......a lot of the crew and all of the many people it put out of work, hopefully will find great jobs soon, that is the sad part about it, lot of people lose their jobs because of one show going off the air. Wouldn't worry too much about Tom Cruise or Marie Osmond, they are not going to ever suffer!

#8   2009/09/08 08:44AM
    spacenut

Thanks everyone,
    I just can't imagine not seeing the actors anymore, but I suppose you're right. After 30-35 years, I would have to call it quits myself! I just know I will miss hearing Reva's laugh, Josh's smile and just knowing I can see Rick, Frank or Allan any time I want!!

#9   2009/09/08 10:07AM
    pink kiity

as i was sitting here they just had an ad on TV for lets make a deal boring i don't even watch the price is right anymore cant stand drew Cary that hit me in the gut no deal and wont be watching no matter what time its on and not watching
    it will be on at 3.00 to 4.00 not 2.00 will at 3 00 on October 5 im turning my TV off and im am out of here no way.
    if is on that late in the that's means there taking off judge judy cause that the time shes is on and they had ax hers show for lets make a deal but it wont last it will get the ax to.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/08 10:35AM
    #10   2009/09/08 12:01PM
    LizzeFan

I read over on the As the World Turns side that Jonathon will be going over there when GL is over! That should be interesting! =)

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list