List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Started by Chrissi at 2009/09/02 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2010/02/16 11:41AM, Views: 30211, Replies: 111
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #81   2009/09/22 07:51AM
    Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.
    Alphanow

I enjoyed and loved the Guiding Light for more than two decades. It was the most realistic soap opera on TV, as it introduced and exposed many people to everyday life events to helped us understand daily living in the world of the home, school, workplace, small businesses, large businesses, family and friends relationships, love and determination to live and let live. The Guiding Light was the cleanest soap opera on TV. CBS, this was a misplaced business decision to remove this soap opera from TV.

#82   2009/09/22 01:52PM
    nymph

How about an apology to viewers that wasted the electricity to turn it on. the plot never made any sense, the writing was sophomoric to say the least, lots of loose ends, and the acting was terrible. only one character could act, and that was Jonathan. what happened to Jeffrey?????????????

#83   2009/09/22 02:26PM
    michellef1962

I have been watching Guiding Light for 34 years! I am so devastated they took this show off the air! This was my escape each day after work. It is very hard for me to not see this show anymore. I'm glad that Soaps.com is going to keep this message board. I like reading what other watchers write. I can't believe a show that's been running for 77 years is just gone! This was like family. I know a lot of the story lines were far fetched. Especially when they cloned Reva. But Guiding Light did an excellant job with that. I will miss everyone very much.

#84   2009/09/22 04:49PM
    kmbw2103

Quote nymph: How about an apology to viewers that wasted the electricity to turn it on. the plot never made any sense, the writing was sophomoric to say the least, lots of loose ends, and the acting was terrible. only one character could act, and that was Jonathan. what happened to Jeffrey?????????????

if it was a waste of ur electricity and it pretty much didnt make sense to u, then why did u turn it on??? u didnt have to, u could of wasted ur electricity on something else.

#85   2009/09/22 05:55PM
    michellef1962

I don't think Jeffrey died. They just left his part open. But they should of given us some kind of closure before the show ended.

#86   2009/09/24 06:43AM
    nymph

I cared for my mother who watched the show, it was a connection I had with my mom that is now deceased. I know how we used to laugh at the superficiality of the show, and my husband and I now reflect on how Mom would have sized up the characters. My husband is a free lance writer, the writers on that show were terrible, plots full of holes, loose ends all over the place, all that outdoor filming added nothing. they also pandered too much to christian right that will ruin this country to say nothing of t.v.

#87   2009/09/24 09:20AM
    soapfanccb

Hi, I'm new to this board, came on looking for other GL fans. Is anyone going to any of the events that are planned? I heard about "So Long Springfield" - anyone know anything about it, or anyone here going? Would love to see some of these soapsters on other shows!!

#88   2009/09/24 11:34AM
    tetotomom

Quote renojoe:
    roger thorpe returning would have helped too.....

Don't you think that would have been kinda hard to pull off since the person who played Roger died several years ago?

#89   2009/09/25 10:50AM
    tammyleemanno

%( I am so sad..I find myself everday looking at the clock only to remember it is no more..I still can't believe that all these other soaps are making it and yet THE BEST one of all times gave up....there must be someone who could pick it up and keep it going?I will miss the actors dearly they have been part of my days since I was a little kid.Just wanted to say I miss you already and I am so very sad..Tammy In Virgina.

#90   2009/09/25 05:16PM
    kha44

I am very sad that GL is gone. I still wait for 3pm to come and well I just turn off the tv now. I refuse to watch a game show that is to replace GL. But I am also sad at the way it ended. After a year has gone by, Jonathan still hasnt told Reva that Jeffrey is alive, that the writers couldnt have finished that story? He does a child and wife and you left that all just hanging and have her go off with Josh? Well since Jeffrey isnt really dead she really cant marry Josh. That was a poor ending to that story line. Should have either kill him off or have him come back. I am really sad that show that I have watched for over 30 years is gone.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list