List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Started by Chrissi at 2009/09/02 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2010/02/16 11:41AM, Views: 28768, Replies: 111
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #71   2009/09/19 03:41PM
    Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.
    pnchc

all i can say is, i hope the actors dont go over to abc because they will not last over there very long. they treat there vets like crap. so to the cast, i hope they all go on three other cbs soaps, days, mellrose place.

#72   2009/09/20 09:45AM
    Mochie

I,too,have watched GL since I was in Jr.High(over 50 years ago) and remember rushing home so I could watch it. When I was working I would tape it so I wouldn't miss anything. I cried when they cried and laughed when then did. I got a lump in my throat when each character died or was written off the show or was replaced by a new one. The beginning of the end came when Dr.Phil forced the show to go to 10:00Am. No one that I know watches the soaps in the morning (too much to get done)and the ratings fell. Ask anyone from the 50's what soap they watch and I will bet GL will be among the top! It's a shame this had to happen and I for one, will miss everyone. I tried to follow Gus, Harley, Ross and Cassie to other soaps but the interest wasn't there,even though I loved them on GL. When you have grown up with GL NOTHING can fill its place. I for one, will not watch another daytime soap!

#73   2009/09/20 02:05PM
    MaryLynne

Good-bye Guiding Light. You will be terribly missed!

#74   2009/09/20 06:25PM
    Sallltymis

Guiding Light is a tough act to follow. I have grown with that soap. I started watching it with my mom,sister, co-workers, patients, brothers and talked about it passing time in the hospital during my appointments. I am so very sad to see the last episode. Maybe if you don't bring GL back you can always start with another generation off the History of GL. Don't just do us like this. It's gonna be hard to love another love story like this. Thank all of you for letting me grow with you.

#75   2009/09/21 12:55PM
    FAN OF FANS

I agree...I am lost without GL. Can we hold back time, while still moving forward? Can GL come back to us? I have been a fan forever! All the characters did a superb job!!!! Why not explore different options to keep it?

#76   2009/09/21 01:07PM
    evan timothy

Hey i think it will be really nice for you to get to spend that time with them i wish i could do that but can't.i cannot believe they have really taken our GUIDING LIGHT off the air their are many other i could think should go.and now they have the price is Right in it's place what an insult to our soap and it's actors.wellyou have a good time and keep us up on your trips

#77   2009/09/21 05:42PM
    Kimberlee629

Why can't another network pick up Guiding Light? There are plenty of options now on the satelites. Prehaps you need to get this great show on at a different time - you even stated that part of the problem you had was low rating due too mom going back to work. I know I worked three days a week and only was able to watch it on my days off - not everyone has tivo or has the ability to sit and watch it everyday. I would love to see the cast be like a Knots Landing or a Dallas. It could be done and you would have tons of viewers. Those talented actors have more show to give and the views would love to see it. But NBC/ CBS would rather give us three CSI's or more reality TV or Japan games show - "yeah thats what we really want to see" .

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/21 05:50PM
    #78   2009/09/21 06:41PM
    Glfansince78

They say that the sponsors weren't convinced we were watching. We used to tape it, then had to watch on a computer for the past few months since it went digital. I've started a thread inviting people to remember advertising they saw during GL. After all, the reason it was on to begin with was to sell its viewers stuff. Can't we convince them we really ARE a good market?

#79   2009/09/21 07:12PM
    kmbw2103

GL is like my family, i enjoyed watching it. when the last episode went off it felt like my family was leaving me and im was never going to see them again. it makes me feel miserable. but i really wanted to find out if jeffery died. they showed him thursday, but then friday he wasnt on, so i was just wondering if he died? does anybody know?

#80   2009/09/22 07:37AM
    Alphanow

Quote plumkat: Isn't there anything that can be done to keep guiding light on the air. from my deceased grandmother now to my Girls we all have been raised on guiding light, i'm actually heart broken, to know it's going off air. it has benn in my family for generations. i know i sound like a soap opera wierdo, i'm sorry. It's just feels like a part of my family history is dissapearing..... everyday for years the whole house knew to hush, hush when guiding light came on !!!

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list