List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Started by Chrissi at 2009/09/02 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2010/02/16 11:41AM, Views: 30772, Replies: 111
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #61   2009/09/18 04:30PM
    Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.
    crafter125

I too am devestated that GL is off the air. I have been watching GL since I went to elementary school and came home for lunch. At that time GL was on for 15 minutes, 10 minutes of commercials and 5 minutes of story. I still can see Papa and Maita so clearly. I don't know what I'm going to do, the cast of GL has become family to me. I will miss Reva, Josh, Billy, Buzz, Jeffrey and the rest of my GL family. I adore Reva and yes, I have also learned to much from her. I just feel better knowing I am not alone in feeling this sadness, it is a very big loss. Another soap, not for me as I become too attached to the characters. I hope we are kept informed on the lives of our GL family.

#62   2009/09/18 04:37PM
    crafter125

Quote Anna Belle: Does anyone know what happened to Beth And Alan's baby that was thought to be Rick's?

Peyton lives with Beth. She was on the other day when Beth had to tell her about Alan.

#63   2009/09/18 04:49PM
    GLloverfor28yrs

%( Today was one of the saddest days of my life. I HATE CBS and I can guarentee CBS will NOT be on in my house at all! That channel has been blocked no one in my house can watch CBS I locked it and no one has the password but me.
    I started watching GL as a little girl, I so loved Reva and Josh, I hated when either of them were with someone else, that was till the end when her and Jeffery got together. Now I know why Harley and Gus must have left the show because they knew it was going off the air. The day Gus died was another sad day. I loved seeing Ed come back, and Holly and Fletcher but was not soon enough. I pray all the actors and Actresses find new jobs with ease as each and everyone of them were great. I so totally hated the Natasha and Olivia story. I also hated that they didn't bring Jeffery back at the end, it was ok to see Josh and Reva at the end but I hated it because I knew Jeffery was still alive. It sucked that the actresses and actors didn't come on at the end of the show and say good bye to us the viewers who loved them dearly. Some day I plan on meeting Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman. That is my life long wish and before I die I hope to have said I met them. My husband who is not a soap fan in any manner started watching GL over the last few weeks, and he couldn't belive it was going off the air after 70 yrs. God bless the whole Guiding Light cast may you find your next love show!

#64   2009/09/18 04:57PM
    penelopepitstop

So many fans have watched GL since they were children. I watched with my mother for years, and as times have changed, I caught up when I could. I work as a teacher, so summers and vacations were a chance to see what was going on.

I graduated from high school the year that Phillip, Beth, Mindy and Rick graduated. That was my favorite time on GL. My mother commented, upon seeing Phillip's return, that he looked so old! That was shocking to me...he looks just the same. I guess I see him through my own eyes, as a guy I knew years ago would look today. Damn, I think he looks great. I will always love the story of Phillip and Beth.

To respond to a post of someone that considered the cancellation was due to Reva's weight...that is just assanine and hurtful. Kim Zimmer is a real person and fan's love her no matter what, will always be a favorite. The point is, GL really tried to get "real" over the past two seasons. Reva's appearance is more typical to a real world woman than a sculpted, plastic surgery Susan Lucci. She played the character that was Reva. And sorry, Reva was getting older, but still beautiful. We all are.

I don't think soap audiences were ready for the "reality" model that GL had adopted. That is the reason for the cancellation, in my opinion. Audiences love the fake sets, fake boobs, fake faces and not a portrayal of real life.

My time is done with soaps. I didn't have much time to attend anyway, BUT, Guiding Light was a big part of my influential "fantasy" entertainment over the years. Best of luck to all the actors, writers and crew upon their new pursuits.

#65   2009/09/18 05:08PM
    penelopepitstop

>( I guess you can't stand that there are lesbians in the world. The show was trying to be real. You probably hate that Reva got fat, also. Tune in to ABC and watch Susan Lucci and hopefully there won't be any gay people on there.

I'm sorry for your loss of Guiding Light. It was a special show to me for years and years, also. But it is not real, right? You understand that?

#66   2009/09/18 06:24PM
    Peach234

Quote penelopepitstop: I guess you can't stand that there are lesbians in the world. The show was trying to be real. You probably hate that Reva got fat, also. Tune in to ABC and watch Susan Lucci and hopefully there won't be any gay people on there.

I'm sorry for your loss of Guiding Light. It was a special show to me for years and years, also. But it is not real, right? You understand that?

Not liking the Natalia/Olivia thing has, in my opinion, nothing to do with hating gays. I can't answer for her comment on the subject, but I will tell you why I didn't like the s/l. Natalia's baby belonged to Frank and after she returned from "lala land" and decided that all was going to be bright and full of sunshine because now she knew she could be with Olivia and not feel guilty, she had no consideration for Frank. The writers did a bad job on that one. She behaved like a little twit whose plans for the lives of all concerned was going to be as she saw it in her "vision". Give us a break, OK? Not liking a gay s/l doesn't mean that hate fills the air.

#67   2009/09/19 06:34AM
    holly1122

I have as most of you watched guiding light all my life my mother grandmother and great grandmother had all watched guiding light. i remember taping the show when i was in school and didn't get off the bus untill 3:45. september 18 is truly a sad day. I feel like I am losing part of my family. My only hope is that someone starts a book series and our beloved family could live on that way. I am also hopefull that cbs will come out with a DvD of all the episodes ever aired so that we may all re-watch from the beginig.

#68   2009/09/19 07:57AM
    mshark02

I have watched GL since I was old enough to sit up. I used to watch it wth my Great Grandmother,my Grandmother and my mother. It has been a tradition in my family. I even rasied 3 daughters and 3 Grand daughters watching this show. It helped me when I was feeling down, some of the story lines were great pick me ups. I laughed and I cried right along with them. I enjoyed helping solve their mysteries. To take off a TV Icon like GL is very wrong. It is to bad that CBS is like the government that they don't listen to the people they just do what they want. They should take off those lousy reality shows, and leave our daytime alone. I will admit I will watch the other 3 soaps because I have watched As the World turn forever and Young&Restless and Bold and Beautiful since they started but then the CBS gets turned off. BRING BACK GUIDING LIGHT. They ending at least left it with the possibility it could come back......

#69   2009/09/19 10:11AM
    Beeloo03

I, too, like so many of you, have watched GL as long as I can remember. When I still worked fulltime, it was ALWAYS taped so that I could catch up with it later that night. When I was unable to catch an episode for whatever reason, I was sure to read about it in Soap Digest or Soap Weekly (I subscribe to both.....might cancel now because I am losing interested in all soaps now that GL is gone.....the only one I MIGHT keep up with is ATWT to see how Tom Pelphey does on there.....I just CAN'T see him as anyone but Jonathan, though).

I feel dismayed and heartbroken to lose "my show". I have such wonderful memories watching GL as a little girl, then rushing home from highschool to catch it at 3pm.....then taping it and watching it at night in the 80's and 90's, until I had my first baby in 1999 and was home full time and could watch it at 10am (NYC timeslot in recent years).

And I'll always remember the thrill of knowing it was filming on location here in NJ not too far from me, where I could hop in the my car to see if I could catch a glimpse of the actors, which I finally did this past summer......they were filming near the "Bauer house/property". Just a lovely spot!! And the "Spaulding Mansion" is amazing.........HUGE!

*sigh* I'm glad that others here know how I feel.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/19 10:13AM
    #70   2009/09/19 03:31PM
    Dolly1936

I agree... I am 72.. My Grandmother listened to GL on the radio when I was little.. I have watched it for at least 50 years myself.. I cried when I realized it had ended.. It is like losing a close friemd or part of the family.. I will miss all of them...especially Reva.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list