List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Started by Chrissi at 2009/09/02 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2010/02/16 11:41AM, Views: 30704, Replies: 111
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #41   2009/09/14 07:50PM
    Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.
    babies6

Jonathan is going to ATWT. Olivia is going to return to Days, so we will be able to see 2 of them in different setting.

#42   2009/09/15 01:29AM
    michaelnstlmo

Like many of you, I too will miss GL. I'm a 40 year old man who has been watching since before he got out of 6th grade. I started watching with my Mom and my late-Grandmother when I was that young. Of course, my Mother denies EVER watching the show. Please Ma, stop lying! LOL (It's a running gag every time the subject comes up). Like many of you, I'm saddened that the show I've enjoyed for so many years is going off the air. I had the honor of meeting Mandy Bruno (Marina), Murray Bartlett (Cyrus) (who's Aussie accent had my knees buckling......almost , and Gina Tognoni (Dinah back in August of 2007 during their Find Your Light campaign. What I'm really hoping for is that the production company that produced GL will come out with a comemmorative final year DVD so that we can all have something to remember the show by. Like all of you, I'm angry and upset and like all of you, I've been shedding a lot of tears too.

#43   2009/09/15 08:15AM
    cretirew

%( i am not going to watch any soap opera after gl stops sorry

#44   2009/09/15 08:18AM
    renojoe

Yes.. we can do something... email everyone you know... email univesities.... pledge that each fan will donate x amount of dollars for one more chance to keep the light alive..... if Obama can get elected this way... we can surely save a soap.... someone give us a base for sending our actions.... we can tape on the internet.. .. and be a world wide soap.... someone at thelight please reply and set it up.. don't give up... DON" t ever give up....

coach valvano '

that famous statement applies here.... let's put something together .. cast an fans together..... is there any cast member out there willing to work with their fans? let's do it

#45   2009/09/15 08:21AM
    renojoe

... if reva never got fat the soap woulda lasted.... reva used to be hot and then when she got fat ... none of her storylines was believable... why would josh or any good looking guy go for her... it wasn't believable from a soap standpoint... it was a turnoff.... look at erica cane of all my children. we need her to get skinny again... first off. then we will have the old reva back.. and she will win over fans.... for sure. trust me soaps are into looks ..just like fans.... roger thorpe returning would have helped too.....

#46   2009/09/15 12:27PM
    drmeshs7

%( Guiding Light is the best soap that was ever on. I used to watch it with my grandmother when I was a little girl and still love it. I feel extremely sad that it is ending. I will start watching another TV station during that time slot, but it will never be the same. Why couldn't they take off Bold and Beautiful, which is my least favorite? It has no story line, just repeats the same old theme over and over.
    I remain very sad -----
    drmeshs7

#47   2009/09/15 01:18PM
    Rbeckett

The cancellation saddens me. I have watched guiding light for 30 years and will never watch another soap opera the rest of my life. I feel like they are a part of me and now will all be gone forever. I will miss it very deeply.

#48   2009/09/15 03:34PM
    SAGEGARDEN

:( I remember my mother listening to Guiding Light while doing the ironing. Then, when I was old enough to iron, I listened to it also. When it came on TV, my mother, sister and I watched it, and I continued to watch it off and on through marriage, babies, a divorce, remarriage, careers, and now retirement. It may sound silly, but I feel I'm losing some of my best friends! Thanks GL for being there for me through the years.

#49   2009/09/15 04:34PM
    juner803

Quote Chrissi: Sadly, Guiding Light goes dark September 18. The show has already taped the last episode a while back and will not return on any network.

Soaps.com is very sad about the show ending and we have decided to keep the Guiding Light's board open indefinitely for those who wish to discuss the show after it ends. Please enjoy chatting. We want to remind you that our guidelines still apply and everyone must review them before posting. Administrative action will still apply to those who go against guidelines. We hope you all continue to enjoy the board and that you'll start following another soap.

Cheers!

#50   2009/09/15 07:53PM
    kmbw2103

Its awful to know that there isnt going to be GL. it really make me wanna cry cause i really loved watching it, i always wished i could have a life like some of them in there i loved it.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list