List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Started by Chrissi at 2009/09/02 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2010/02/16 11:41AM, Views: 30357, Replies: 111
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #31   2009/09/13 07:16PM
    Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.
    fivecarfan

ITS NOT RIGHT TO STOP THE SHOW IF YOU STOP ONE OF THE SOAPS YOU SHOULD STOP THEM ALL.

#32   2009/09/14 10:39AM
    Deb Yaz

I also have been a LONG time watcher of GL.I try to watch other soaps but none every have compared!!I along with so many other people I am sure wait for 3 pm. to get here every week-day.I was disabled in 2004 so I have watched every single episode.Before that I did work but taped it and watched it at night.
    There really are so many other shows that truly do suck in my opinion that have been on your network for way to long,replace Judge Judy,there is more than enough court shows on TV these days for sure.
    I know the reasons all said for $$$ reasons,but so very many years of Guiding Light to just stop it now seems like a HUGE mistake,as well as a great sadness that it's going !!!!

#33   2009/09/14 12:36PM
    jg0109

As with others that have posted, I to, am a dear fan of Guiding Light. I remember watching it with my mother when I was just a little girl. Back then it didn't seem interesting. As I have grown older, the storyline's have grown very dear to my heart. I shall miss the laughs, the joy, the tears, and the sorrow that came with each and every character within the show.

Guiding Light will live on in our hearts, forever. To all the actors and actresses, past and present... We love all you've done for the show, and all you've done to our hearts and emotions. Thank you for making a show that we can relate to, that we can love and hate all at once, and one that we will never be able to forget.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/14 12:39PM
    #34   2009/09/14 12:59PM
    kha44

I am so sad, I am watching it right now and Billy, Vanessa, Buzz and Lillian are getting married. I cried when she went and talked to Maureen.My Mom ( never missed a show) and I are avid fans of GL. I started watching it with my grandmother. I remember Bert Bauer and her whole family and it was in black and white!I am going to miss GL so much. The actors and the characters they play are like family. They will be missed so much.Low ratings or not GL is and will be an awesome soap! And I wont be watching General hospital or watching the new show that is filling that time slot. If it wasnt for As the world turns CBS wouldn't be on at all. Good luck to all the actors on GL.

#35   2009/09/14 01:08PM
    marciaa

I too am one of many who have watched Guiding Light my entire life. My grandmother raised me and she watched on tv from the time it first aired until her death in 2005. She had listened on radio before that. It always came on right as I got home from school so I grew up watching every day too. I am a grandmother now, also disabled and homebound. The absolute bright spot in my day is always Guiding Light. Everyone in the house knows to leave me alone and not utter a sound during that time slot. This last weeks episodes are marred with my tears. I am so desperately sad at losing my Springfield family. I cannot recall ever missing an episode whenever it wasn't preempted by some stupid sporting event or political speech. There is nothing on tv these days that isn't pure trash or complete foolishness. I now have nothing to look forward to and am unbelievably sad at this loss. I just hope that whomever made this decision to axe Guiding Light can even begin to feel the pain they have caused. Not only to us as fans and family members but to the actors who came into our homes every day. I know they will all go on to hopefully rewarding things but no ones lives involved with Guiding Light will ever be the same. All of these wonderful people fit together like a hand in a glove. Nothing else on tv can even come close to comparing with this family group. I cannot find words strong enough to convey my sadness and anger. I just know that I am sad, grieving and simply lost.

#36   2009/09/14 01:11PM
    aspeer0507

I wish everyone on Guiding Light well, whatever may be in their future. I'm just glad we got to see Johnathan's sexy self again!

#37   2009/09/14 01:39PM
    ramblin red

i agree, everyone i know will not be watching cbs any more.

#38   2009/09/14 07:28PM
    campnmomma

;( Just think how I feel!!!September 18 is my birthday!!!!!!! NO MORE GL FOR ME!!!!!!!So as of 4:00 on Friday NO CBS WILL BE WATCHED IN MY HOUSE nor will I buy P&G products....I can do without cascade, mr clean, etc.....

and if after all the b*&^%ing and complaining we do and if by some chance they bring it back that will be the only program watched in my house on CBS...FUCBS

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/14 07:31PM
    #39   2009/09/14 07:28PM
    babies6

%( I am so sad too. Each day now that the end is closer I'm get upset watching the show. I just love Kim Zimmer, and I would follow her to another soap if she went there. I just can't believe that they are taking this soap off the air. I don't think I will get into another one in this time slot, and I sure as heck will not watch the game show!

#40   2009/09/14 07:40PM
    Debbie Lynn

As I read all of these post, I realize I am just one of the many who has been a GL fan for most of our lives, (over 40 years) it is just so hard to accept that the end is so near. I have so many wonderful memories of my favorite characters, Josh, Reva, Phillip, Beth, Rick, Billy etc. This past year and a half, the small sets, the poor filming and poor writing, has been hard to watch @ times, but it was still our GL. I am so happy that they had the wisdom to bring Phillip back, his character has certainly helped these past few months, and I think the light could have made it, if they had given it more time, but it was to little to late. I just find it so hard to put into words how much I will miss my GL FAMILY. Still holding out for a happy ending for Josh & Reva....

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list