List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Started by Chrissi at 2009/09/02 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2010/02/16 11:41AM, Views: 30940, Replies: 111
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #21   2009/09/10 03:39PM
    Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.
    PelphreyPosse

We have 5 episodes left, I believe we will have some weddings, Beth and Phillip, Natalia and Crystal in some kind of ceremony, Vanessa and Billy. Lots of good scenes to come. I like that they are giving us some of the characters having some one on one time together like today with Billy and Buzz. These are the special moments we will keep with us as they leave us. I am personally so grateful that I still have the final GL weekend to spend with all of them and then the Pittsburgh So Long Springfield and then the same event in Atlanta in November and then the cruise in January with Kim, Robert and Jeff. At least I don't have to face losing all of them in one week. I'll keep telling you all about all of the events as I go to them for those that are interested.

#22   2009/09/10 03:58PM
    AnnaLynn

Can someone please help me!!!! Is there any way I can watch these episodes online???? My cable is not on right now and I am dying!!! I have been a faithful watcher of guiding light since a little girl...My grandmother passed away and its so sad cause I always watched this with her....I cant believe its ending and I NEED to see it ...PLEASEEEEE IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN GO TO WATCH IT I WOULD SO APPRECIATE IT!

#23   2009/09/10 04:40PM
    ValerieNicole81

Does anyone know where all of our favorite characters will be going? Other Soaps??? Please let me know!!!

#24   2009/09/10 06:02PM
    mamerk

%( I am really sick at heart about GL being cancelled!! They have given so much to there fans over the years. All my life there has been GL that is nearly 58 years. When I wasn't at home I taped the show. In fact, I have 6 weeks of
    shows taped and will have 7 weeks taped by the time 9/18 rolls around. ATWT will be the next show that I tape, the rest of CBS daytime will not be viewed by me. Sorry, but that is the way that I feel. Other networks will get my viewership. With the exception of GL, ATWT and few other shows that I watch on CBS the programs are not the quality
    that they used to be. I can remember a time that I always watched CBS, but not any more!!!!

#25   2009/09/10 07:08PM
    AlwaysGL83

AnnaLynn, go to cbs.com they have the videos of GL.

I can't beleive only 5 more days left. I feel as if my family is leaving for good. I know I will not watch CBS again after Sept 18. CBS made a huge mistake! Rot in hell cbs!

#26   2009/09/10 09:31PM
    Anna Belle

Does anyone know what happened to Beth And Alan's baby that was thought to be Rick's?

#27   2009/09/11 04:45PM
    mjma

good question...looks like they just wrote that baby out of the story...but so little time left, it didn't belong there anyway...........OH, thanks, do keep this site up a week or two at least after the show goes off the air. I will be out of town and not have access to the show or web site all week. I am so depending on my DVR to record the last weeks shows but would like to see comments when I get back.

To all the Guiding LIght Stars: Good luck to you all, Have enjoyed many, many, many years (like 54 years) of watching and know that even when the writing/story lines stunk, you guys gave your best.

#28   2009/09/12 11:52AM
    Packrat5864

%( I have been very upset about Guiding Light going dark so soon. I know every rock has been unturned to keep it on the air. In Canada it is already gone. I don't know why they could not keep it on for another 11 days for pete's sake!!! It went off after Labour Day. I can not pick up CBS in our trailer so I am taping it at home. I have already missed most of the last week or so.

It is the only soap opera that I even watch. So I guess my days of soaps will be over with this one. I am very upset that CBS even feels the need to remove it from their listings. With such a large fan base I would think it would just continue on.

I wish all the actors and actresses,writers and producers a bright future. Hope to see you somewhere else. Continued success.

Packrat5864

#29   2009/09/13 07:09AM
    MyaM

I am soooo very upset they are shutting down the GL I have watched it since I was child and my mother before me. How can they do this when they have other soaps that suck and this is the best one along with then the Y&R. I will miss the cast and show I even tape it if I am not going to be home so I didn't miss anything. Well I won't be watching any other soaps except Y&R so they can shut the rest down too and we DON'T NEED ANY MORE SPORTS ON THE TV THEY HAVE THERE OWN STUPID CHANNELS SO PUT THEM THERE AND KEEP GL......
    I am sooo upset.

#30   2009/09/13 07:44AM
    Halle

Hi I to am so sad to see Guiding Light go. I have actually been depresed all weekend! I do have a very full life, it's just I've been watching G.L. since I was in the 6th grade!! I'll be 44 in November. There is not another soap opera that gives you such a sense of family. I will miss Reva and Josh the most I think, but the Lewis's Spaldings Bauers, and Coopers will be GREATLY missed also. How could this happen to the BEST soap with so many wonderful actors! September 18th will be a very sad day. Nikki

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list