List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Started by Chrissi at 2009/09/02 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2010/02/16 11:41AM, Views: 28749, Replies: 111
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #11   2009/09/08 06:52PM
    Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.
    starrienyte

%( I am so sad over Guiding Light leaving CBS for good. it just isnt right Why didnt the network at least make it a half hour show so it would be able to stay on? I watch two soaps GL and YR now I guess I will have to switch to NBC to watch Days because the other soaps on CBS arent not even worth watching and yet they remain on the air especially As The World Turns which to me and lot of people isnt the best one on GL should have remained and that soap should have left the air! Does anyone know what is replacing GL in the morning time slot? and what characters are going to other soaps so maybe we can watch them there!
    Love you GL You Are The Best!
    starrienyte Zion Illinois

#12   2009/09/08 08:56PM
    PelphreyPosse

O.K. it's over 50 years of watching this show and 20 years of going to the GL fan events and getting to know just about all of the cast, some well enough to call my friends. But, don't watch other shows related to soaps? Come on, you want to help sink the rest of the daytime soaps? Not me, the daytime soaps still here need all the help they can get to stay on t.v. and not get cancelled like GL did. I loved GL as much as any other soap fan, but I will still watch the other soaps and support them until they are all gone from the television set. I will also follow and support all of the actors from GL as they go on to other jobs. The show died, they didn't. Being bitter and protesting against CBS and Proctor and Gamble will not make one dot of difference to them. We are not enough people and they are too large for us to make any dent in their ratings. I think folks who taped shows are not counted and that hurt the ratings a lot. Folks used to be home every day to watch, and now they are working at their jobs and have to tape or not watch it at all. Sad, but the way things are now. It's too late for GL, but not too late for Daytime dramas in general, unless everyone stops watching all of them. NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13   2009/09/08 11:59PM
    hardcore_diva

%( I too am totally heart broken over Guiding Light being taken off the air! Why wasn't a survey taken with everyone's vote on which CBS soap should be taken off of the air? I know darn well that it would not have been Guiding Light!

Guiding Light has been part of my family for many many years. I tear up every time that I think of it. I hope and pray that the ratings on CBS, goes as far down as possible! I have had to make a lot of changes to my work schedule next week so I can be able to watch every show. If I have to take a week of vacation . . so be it!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/09 12:01AM
    #14   2009/09/09 12:50PM
    cbs_fan_foreva

I am 32 years old, and have also been watching Guiding light since i was about 4.. I watched it everyday with my mom and grandma, and now with my daughters. If we miss it on tv, we see if online. I am saddened that they are taking it off air..

I will miss everyone! I am too sad now to say anything else but Goodbye My Favorite Soap! Good Bye my daily Family! Love you guys!

#15   2009/09/09 02:12PM
    mommawease

I will be lost w/o GL. I remember watching while my momma was ironing. I am heart broke about this show ending. I actually was going to name 1 of my girls "Reva Deane". Hubby beat me to name tho . I have been ill so I need to catch up. What is going to happen to everyone? Also, who sings lead in song? It sounds like "Dinah". I know 1 thing, I will not watch what is put in it's place, and only watch Y & R, Bold & Beautiful, and ATWT's. I was watching this 1 day a couple of weeks ago, my grandbaby,AJ, was here with me. Of course the situation brought tears to my eyes because of the memories there and knowing this will be the end of GL. I was tearing up, she asked " Are you ok MIMI?". She doesn't understand why I was a blubbering fool watching this show.
    I am gonna miss you GL. More than you know. I believe CBS will lose alot of viewers for this time slot.

#16   2009/09/09 05:03PM
    maryann54

This is really so sad and I can't believe it's really happening! The show is the best on tv and it's been getting better and better! They are making it harder on the fans with the closing storyline! My best to all the actors and actresses, writers and everyone else connected to the show. Thanks for keeping us entertained all these years! You will all be missed!!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/09 05:09PM
    #17   2009/09/09 05:50PM
    HalfEvil

Daytime Tv will never be the same. On Sept 18 a piece of me will die. I can't remember a time when there wasn't a Guiding Light.

#18   2009/09/10 10:23AM
    Crazy mama

Chrissi, I want to say that I have watched Guiding Light for over 40 years and can't believe that they have decided to end the show. It isn't like there isn't other soaps that they could drop such as B&B. The story lines on the other shows "stink" and just keep repeating the same ole story lines. We as true soap fans are tired of the same ole humdrum! Please let the producers know that they should get new writers and get some better story lines! On my days off I still do not watch B&B,Y&R etc. due to the fact I can miss 2-3 weeks and when I do watch and or read the updates I know what's going on.

Thanks for letting me vent

#19   2009/09/10 11:00AM
    roygina

%( please do not take guiding light off air i stay home all the time i watch it everyday.of my life and my mother to. it is the the soap ever. thank you, roygina

#20   2009/09/10 12:14PM
    LeCat

I've been watching GL for over 30 years off and on and I can't believe they're trading it for a GAME SHOW of all things. I will be changing the channel at 3 from now on. I think the network is making a big mistake and I hope they realize it.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list