List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Started by Chrissi at 2009/09/02 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2010/02/16 11:41AM, Views: 28774, Replies: 111
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #101   2009/10/08 04:30PM
    Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.
    jdsickles

I have also watched this soap since I was a little girl. I watched it with my grandmother which is a very fond memory of our time together. Like many of the people here who have also watched for a life time these people were my family. When the show ended a part of my family was taken away from me. Now I am down to watching two soaps a day instead of three and come 3:00 I don't know what to do. I watched the last showing and I have to tell you things were left undone that could still go on. There are more stories to be told and should be told. By the looks of it here there were 100's of people who watched it daily. That should have been enough to keep it going. I miss my family and I want them back.

#102   2009/10/09 12:33PM
    Surber

I hear you.... My mother listen on the radio also. She passed away in 2002 at 100 years old. Guiding Light has been passed down from generation to generation. It seems like apart of my family is missing. There should has been a funeral. I really think that's why they let Allen pass... to let us grieve. I have banded watching TV at 3:00 PM.
    I love Rachel Rae, but not in that spot. BRING BACK THE GUIDING LIGHT!

I also, agree with another posting. Some of the other soaps totally Suck! Of course their on a different channel.

I don't care if you move the Guiding Light to a different channel. Just bring it back.

#103   2009/10/24 05:45PM
    chvilo

I taped the last episode of The Guiding Light and saved it to my favorites. I'm not that computer savvy but I had watched the episode several times. Last night I tried to have my daughter make it into a dvd and it was gone. I've been watching this soap for 45 years and I just want to cry that I have lost the final episode. Can anyone help?

#104   2009/10/26 12:36PM
    Kimmy J

Quote sweetcaoline: I too grew up with GL from the time I listened to it on the radio with my mother to the time it went to TV. I'm now a great grandmother so you can see how long I have been of fan of GL. It' sad that when a program is as good as GL goes off the air and yet a lot of others that are not worth watching stay on. I guess it just goes to show that times do change and not always for the better.

#105   2009/10/28 09:13AM
    Rocketm3

repetitive I know, but I am 55 and watched Guiding Light since it was black and white. I feel as if I have lost my family. These people were MORE than actors and actresses.
    Please don't let them be forgotten. Maybe by keeping the blog and news fans can enjoy recollecting memories together.

#106   2009/10/28 09:18AM
    Rocketm3

ME TOO!! Radio, black and white, etc!! I was RAISED on this show, I MISS my "family". And you are right. It is the last REALLY "American" soap. It was real life and got me thru some tough times in my life too!! I am so lonely without GL

#107   2009/11/30 10:54AM
    soapfanccb

Hi, I know there hasn't been as much actvit on here, but was wondering if you all knew that Vegas is likely the last stop for So Long Springfield, www.celebrityeventsgroup.com

#108   2009/12/05 01:48PM
    4everGL

I have been a GL fan since probably 1968, watching it at my grandmother's house after school. I used to tape the episodes so I wouldn't miss an episode if I was at work, and I had all of the books, and bought every magazine if the characters were featured on the cover. After Tom and Stephanie left I didn't stop taping, but found I wasn't as interested in watching every episode...then when they went to the new format, I just couldn't make myself watch it... it was too painful and I knew it was well on it's way out. I did tape the final week, and after 2 months sat down one night and watched all 5 episodes in one sitting. It was like visiting old friends--- I was so happy to see Jonathan with Sarah, and Bill and Lizzie, and Reva, and Lillian and Buzz, and Billy and Vanessa, not to mention Dylan, Bridget, Nola, and many of my favorites from my high school days, like Mindy. I am going to take those 5 episodes and put them on either a DVD or VHS tape to keep. I have many VHS tapes of older episodes, as well. I hope that the soap opera boards will keep the GL boards open so we can get together and remember fondly our time with GL, and not let it fade away like Another World, and the like.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2009/12/05 01:50PM
    #109   2009/12/06 10:34AM
    dahlsal

you are so lucky to have the old shows to fall back on. I was just to the Vegas So Long Springfield event. was great to see them.

#110   2010/01/13 08:10PM
    jazzqueen2009

i personally dont think you know any of these people you jus pretend that you know all about the guiding light some people jus want to be known for something and your one of them you need to get a life! >) >(

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list