List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Started by Chrissi at 2009/09/02 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2010/02/16 11:41AM, Views: 30393, Replies: 111
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #91   2009/09/27 01:37PM
    Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.
    renni

I am glad Soaps.com is leaving this board on the Guiding Light open for us.. It is horrid that the Best soap was canceled.I do not think Leslie did everything he could to improve the ratings before he canceled GL. One good example would have been giving it a better time slot. I hate to think of CBS removing the videos of the GL because I still go watch them everyday since the show was canceled.

Thank you Soaps.com for KEEPING THE LIGHT BURNING in memory of the BEST and LONGEST running soap ever.

#92   2009/09/28 07:52PM
    ttothac

Any news on possible cast members moving to other shows?

#93   2009/09/28 07:54PM
    ttothac

Has anyone heard of possible moves to other shows by GL cast members?

#94   2009/09/30 03:57AM
    renni

It would be great if they could post on the Coming and Goings section which actor or actress is going to be where and when so us loyal fans can follow instead of reading through every message on the board to find out.
    Please SOAPS.com can you keep us updated in the where abouts of everyone on the Coming and Going section?
    Keep the light burning please.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/30 03:59AM
    #95   2009/10/01 08:33AM
    nymph

Maybe it can go to the comedy channel, by the quality of the sophomoric writing. I still can't get over Alan sitting on the park bench dead!!!!!!! what a riot.

#96   2009/10/01 11:19AM
    S2345

I agree, Guiding light has been a part of my life for years. I actually feel as though I personally know everyone who was on the show. Even if they go to another show, it's not the same, they will be different people.
    Unless they can somehow carry it on to another soap as the same people.
    Isn't there any way Guiding light can be brought back? I didn't get to find out why they went off the air, does anyone know?

#97   2009/10/04 06:12AM
    Arline

%( Is there going to be cartoon of the "GuidingLight
    .How about that of other I been watching the Guiding Light ever since I was 4/1/2 years old and then, until now It really hurt me because I can't watch my favorite show so, what are the cast are going to do in the mean time,I'm sur they come back to the studio to see how much they have grown to do the opart of all family and I'm greatful of what your cast are doing for everybody as well that shows you anything is possible.
    Arline

#98   2009/10/05 12:29PM
    kelvina11

The writers did an excellent job with the finale. quote]Quote Chrissi: Sadly, Guiding Light goes dark September 18. The show has already taped the last episode a while back and will not return on any network.

Soaps.com is very sad about the show ending and we have decided to keep the Guiding Light's board open indefinitely for those who wish to discuss the show after it ends. Please enjoy chatting. We want to remind you that our guidelines still apply and everyone must review them before posting. Administrative action will still apply to those who go against guidelines. We hope you all continue to enjoy the board and that you'll start following another soap.

Cheers![/quote]

#99   2009/10/06 10:19PM
    SOAP MESSAGE...

Quote Chrissi: Sadly, Guiding Light goes dark September 18. The show has already taped the last episode a while back and will not return on any network.

Soaps.com is very sad about the show ending and we have decided to keep the Guiding Light's board open indefinitely for those who wish to discuss the show after it ends. Please enjoy chatting. We want to remind you that our guidelines still apply and everyone must review them before posting. Administrative action will still apply to those who go against guidelines. We hope you all continue to enjoy the board and that you'll start following another soap.

Cheers!

#100   2009/10/07 09:24AM
    michellef1962

I don't think I could ever get into another soap. I used to watch As The World Turns and Young and the Restless when I worked part time. Those shows kinda petered out for me. But I have been watching Guiding Light for 34 years and never ever got tired of that show. I too felt close to these characters. I am just so heart broken that Guiding Light went off the air. I am still lost in the afternoons where I would come home from work and watch the show right away. I recorded the show. This was my escape for many years. It was just part of my life. I feel like something has died and there is a big void. Almost like mourning. If there were some chance for this show to ever come back, I would start watching it first day!

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list