List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Future of GL board after September 18 finale.

Started by Chrissi at 2009/09/02 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2010/02/16 11:41AM, Views: 29702, Replies: 111
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2009/09/02 07:55AM
    Future of GL board after September 18 finale.
    Chrissi

Sadly, Guiding Light goes dark September 18. The show has already taped the last episode a while back and will not return on any network.

Soaps.com is very sad about the show ending and we have decided to keep the Guiding Light's board open indefinitely for those who wish to discuss the show after it ends. Please enjoy chatting. We want to remind you that our guidelines still apply and everyone must review them before posting. Administrative action will still apply to those who go against guidelines. We hope you all continue to enjoy the board and that you'll start following another soap.

Cheers!

#2   2009/09/03 06:33AM
    Re: Future of GL board after September 18 finale.
    plumkat

Isn't there anything that can be done to keep guiding light on the air. from my deceased grandmother now to my Girls we all have been raised on guiding light, i'm actually heart broken, to know it's going off air. it has benn in my family for generations. i know i sound like a soap opera wierdo, i'm sorry. It's just feels like a part of my family history is dissapearing..... everyday for years the whole house knew to hush, hush when guiding light came on !!!

#3   2009/09/03 05:47PM
    sweetcaoline

I too grew up with GL from the time I listened to it on the radio with my mother to the time it went to TV. I'm now a great grandmother so you can see how long I have been of fan of GL. It' sad that when a program is as good as GL goes off the air and yet a lot of others that are not worth watching stay on. I guess it just goes to show that times do change and not always for the better.

#4   2009/09/03 06:21PM
    Brunsman

%(Is there any way we can get Guiding Light to come back/stay on the air? I've been watching it for over 40 years and I feel like the actors are my family and I will miss them very much. I wish they could have stayed on the air and I'm wondering what will happen to all of the actors, who are very good, I might add.

#5   2009/09/06 03:46PM
    soapsudzer

No there is nothing we can do to save the show. Les Moonves decided to dump it and there never was anything we could do. I hope Sept 18 is the worst day of Les Moonves life for what ever reason because it certainly will be one of mine. Too bad his wife didn't watch the show. I love this show and I will never get over the cancellation. I have watched it every day for over 50 years and I really don't remember ever missing an episode. I am just dreading Sept 18th. If Tom Pelphrey wasnt' joining ATWT's I wouldn't ever watch CBS again. That would be the only CBS show I will watch. I refuse to even finish watching Big Brother. I will read about who wins on line.

#6   2009/09/07 08:07AM
    audacious

Like so many others I have read on the message board I have watched this show for most of my life. I started watching it with my mother and grandmother who actually watched it as a pre-show to one of their favs. But almost from the time I watched Reva saunter into the show and toss her hat on someone's desk I was hooked. I have never been a fan of the goody two shoe types and Reva was anything but that. My then forming personality could not understand how to be what I was destined to be and still serve God, and grow into a productive part society. The only word to describe Reva then was audacious, but with that she had a firm belief in love, life, living, amibition, and family. I took that character and made it my own. Im sorry to see her as well as the rest of Springfield leave the air. It was between Rick and Phillip that learned of the kind of friendship I would have as my own. It was when Reva had a bad time with postpartum depression while she accused Josh of sins never committed he simply asked for forgiveness this is when I saw the kind of love that is necessary to me to be the best version of myself in a relationship. I will miss my guiding light after all I have become successful at my career, and I have raised three great kids. I am now a grandmother who like Reva never had any regrets at becoming a grandparent(I considered her reaction to finding out about Dillion's and Harley's Daisy). And though I have never found the kind of love that I seek from another person, this show allowed me early on to give me that kind of love. The guide I chose all those years ago for my life has not done shabbily by me

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/09/07 08:18AM
    #7   2009/09/07 10:48AM
    bored stiff

I too have watched GL since those days with my great grandmother. It's a very sad day for me as well. Although I have worked outside the home for the past 35+ years, since the day we were able to record shows I have faithfully recorded each episode for viewing once I got home. I don't know if people like me count when polls are taken. I know there are many of us because we do discuss it on the job. Does anyone know? Are we counted in these polls?

#8   2009/09/07 02:04PM
    cnglfan

I have been a Guiding Light fan for over 55 years. I can remember my grandparents and other family members gathered around the radio listening to Guiding Light . They would talk to the radio as if the characters could hear them.They came to life via TV ,what an amazing event that was back then.
    Guiding Light is the all American soap opera filled with a lot of old fashion family values sprinkled with sex and scandal .Most other soaps are sex and greed and more sex and more sex,big lips , gaudy make
    up,big boobs and more sex and that pretty much sums up that hour of so called entertainment.
    Keep the Guiding Light board open so all of us disappointed Guiding Light fans can continue to vent our anger about the decision to cancel an American housewife tradition and unofficial excuse for a break time. I ask all my fellow fans to send a loud message DON'T MESS WITH OUR SOAP 'S!!!
    Turn your TV of during the normal viewing time of Guiding Light,refuse to purchase soap magazines that don't support our cause to have Guiding Light
    reinstated ,refuse to watch any programs related to soap operas and continue a writing campaign to any source we have available to us.
    MAD AS HELL!!!!cnglfan

#9   2009/09/08 12:36PM
    donna l w

its really isnt fair 4 those of us who has watch this show 4 so long that it be taking away and what will be put in its place the people doing this sould think about all the people that has keep the show going by whatching it if it wasnt 4 us there would have been a show its really sad.cbs will lose a lot of views.

#10   2009/09/08 02:17PM
    LizzieSpauld...

Quote Brunsman: Is there any way we can get Guiding Light to come back/stay on the air? I've been watching it for over 40 years and I feel like the actors are my family and I will miss them very much. I wish they could have stayed on the air and I'm wondering what will happen to all of the actors, who are very good, I might add.

I'm wondering the same thing.Sometimes the actors go on to different shows,but to me it's not as good as the show that's going off the air,because the actors won't all be together.My grandma's been watching it longer than I have (She was born in '37).I'm really gonna miss GL.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list