List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Started by Rosie Butterface at 2009/07/29 06:12AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/22 03:00PM, Views: 22117, Replies: 178
    « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:
    #81   2009/11/23 06:15AM
    Re: Guiding Lights fans cooking...
    Rosie Butter...

Hot Roxy Cranberry Drink. I mean Roxy Shayne, not Lizzie's dog Roxy. Roxy Shanyne was Hot, sweet and a little spicy. I am not a cranberry fan, but maybe with a little(or a lot if inlaws are coming over) vodka might help!!!
    2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
    6 cups water, divided
    1 cup sugar
    1/4 cup red cinnamon candies
    7 whole cloves
    1/2 cup fresh orange juice
    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    Directions
    In a saucepan, cook cranberries in 2 cups water until they pop. Strain through a fine sieve, reserving juice and discarding skins; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, candies, cloves and remaining water. Cook until candies are dissolved. Add orange and lemon juices and reserved cranberry juice; heat though. Remove cloves. Serve hot.

#82   2009/11/25 05:59AM
    Rosie Butter...

Mike Bauer's Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake. You will feel so guilty after eating this, you will think you will need a lawyer. I sometimes forget about Mike Bauer, but liked him. He was what Ross later became. Oh, Ross was a good lawyer too. He started out kind of not that nice, but became a figure we all loved and miss from the GL line up!
    1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
    1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
    1/3 cup butter, melted

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
    3/4 cup white sugar, divided
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3 eggs
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed gingersnap cookies, pecans, and butter. Press into the bottom, and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake crust 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Set aside to cool.
    2.In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture. Blend 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the remaining mixture.
    3.Spread the pumpkin flavored batter into the crust, and drop the plain batter by spoonfuls onto the top. Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
    4.Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool before removing pan rim. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.

#83   2009/12/01 08:49AM
    Rosie Butter...

Carmen Santo’s Chicken Enchilada Casserole. This recipe requires cutting up the tortilla into little bits and pieces, just like Carmen did with some of her enemies. This is a good recipe for leftover turkey too!!!
    12 tortillas, 6-in diameter
    2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
    2C. sour cream with chives
    3-4 C. diced, cooked chicken (or turkey)
    Shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses
    1(4oz) can of jalapeno or green chilies peppers, diced
    Diced black olives
    Butter 9X13 in pan. Tear up 6 tortillas in bite sized pieces and spread on bottom of pan. Put ½ of chicken next. Mix soup and sour cream and spread over chicken. Sprinkle cheese and chilies next. Repeat later. Top with black olives. Bake at 350 degree for 45 minutes or until bubble. Let set a few minutes before cutting.

#84   2009/12/07 07:16AM
    Rosie Butter...

Sweet and Sour Roger Thrope's Meatballs. Oh Roger was so sweet, even when he was being a sour puss!! I miss Roger and miss MZ more.
    1 1/2 lb. hamburger
    1C. crushed soda crackers
    1 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. pepper
    1/2 C. milk.
    Mix together and let soften. Make into balls. Lat in single later in baking pan. Then mix the sauce:
    1/2 C. diced onion
    1/2 C. Green pepper
    1 1/2 C. catsup or ketchup
    1/4 C. vinegar
    1/4 C. Sugar
    1 1/2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    Dash of garlic salt. Mix together sauce. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. My sister likes to entertain a lot and will often buy packages meatballs, make the sauce and pour over and put in cookpot and let it go. It is very good both ways!!

#85   2010/01/25 07:01AM
    Rosie Butter...

Ok--Sorry I have been AWOL--it has been crazy at my house and my energy has long left this world. Super Bowl is this Sunday. I think Alan would be for the Saints and the Cooper for the Colts. I wanted to Cowboys to win, because I still have a goal of being one of their Cheerleaders(since I was like 5). Ok, some dreams cannot come through--only because I do not have a high enough kick. I think Josh and Billy would be for the Cowboys, but given the fact that is not going to happen this year, I think Billy would like the Saints---but since they are known for their bourbon, will go for the Colts. Josh, just happy he is watching with Reva!!

Game Day Seared Spaulding Steak Sandwiches

2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
    1/2 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 pound (about 3/4-inch-thick) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
    1/3 cup water
    2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon canola oil
    4 hoagie rolls
    Grilled onions (optional)
    Sliced Gruyère cheese (optional)
    Combine coffee granules, paprika, pepper and garlic powder in small bowl; stir until well blended. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of beef; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Combine water, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in small bowl; set aside.
    Heat large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Add beef; cook for 4 minutes. Turn over; reduce heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Place beef on cutting board (save skillet with drippings); cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes.
    Place skillet with drippings over medium-high heat; add soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; boil, scraping bottom and side of skillet occasionally, for 2 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Thinly slice beef diagonally. Divide beef between hoagies; drizzle with sauce. Top with grilled onions and cheese.
    Makes 4 servings.

#86   2010/01/25 07:02AM
    Rosie Butter...

Hot Reva Red Dip---Easy
    Take a bar of cream cheese and pour salsa over it. Serve with corn chips-----as easy as....ok, I will not go there. Great for football!!

#87   2010/01/25 07:11AM
    Rosie Butter...

Ultimate Party Floyd Parker's Chicken Wings

1 (12-ounce) bottle Heinz® Chili Sauce
    1 (16-ounce) can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
    24 chicken drummettes
    Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
    Combine chili sauce and cranberry sauce in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until smooth. Reserve one-third of sauce mixture.
    Arrange drummettes on baking sheet coated with non-stick spray.
    Bake for 15 minutes. Turn drummettes over. Brush with remaining sauce mixture until well coated. Bake for additional 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
    Serve hot with reserved sauce for dipping.

#88   2010/01/26 07:20AM
    Rosie Butter...

Bourbon Street---I could seen Dina and Mallet walking around bourbon street and having a few two many!!This is for the Saints..
    1 1/2 oz. Bourbon
    1 oz. Maraschino liqueur
    1/2 oz. pear syrup
    roughly 1 oz. ginger ale

In a shaker, combine the bourbon, maraschino liqueur, and pear syrup. Shake thoroughly with ice. Strain into a martini glass and top with ginger ale, about 1 oz. Garnish with a cherry.

Pear Syrup

2 pears
    1 c sugar
    2 c water
    2 Tbs vodka (optional)

First, cut up the pears. Combine them with the sugar and water in a pot on the stove. Boil for about 10 minutes until the sugar dissolves and the syrup has a strong pear flavor.

Strain the pears from the syrup (you can also save the pears and use as an excellent topping on ice cream, yogurt, etc.). Transfer the syrup to a bottle. If you want it to last longer, add a little vodka to the syrup.

#89   2010/01/26 07:24AM
    Rosie Butter...

Rocket Fuel-For the Colts--Payton Manning has a rocket arm. I think Jonathon would like this drink. No fluff--straight to the point kind of drink!!

1/2 oz. Rumple Minz or Peppermint Schnapps
    1/2 oz. Bacardi 151 Rum

Combine ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice, stir and strain into a shot glass.

#90   2010/01/26 07:47PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote Rosie Butterface: Ok--Sorry I have been AWOL--it has been crazy at my house and my energy has long left this world. Super Bowl is this Sunday. I think Alan would be for the Saints and the Cooper for the Colts. I wanted to Cowboys to win, because I still have a goal of being one of their Cheerleaders(since I was like 5). Ok, some dreams cannot come through--only because I do not have a high enough kick. I think Josh and Billy would be for the Cowboys, but given the fact that is not going to happen this year, I think Billy would like the Saints---but since they are known for their bourbon, will go for the Colts. Josh, just happy he is watching with Reva!!

Game Day Seared Spaulding Steak Sandwiches

2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
    1/2 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 pound (about 3/4-inch-thick) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
    1/3 cup water
    2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon canola oil
    4 hoagie rolls
    Grilled onions (optional)
    Sliced Gruyère cheese (optional)
    Combine coffee granules, paprika, pepper and garlic powder in small bowl; stir until well blended. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of beef; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Combine water, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in small bowl; set aside.
    Heat large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Add beef; cook for 4 minutes. Turn over; reduce heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Place beef on cutting board (save skillet with drippings); cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes.
    Place skillet with drippings over medium-high heat; add soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; boil, scraping bottom and side of skillet occasionally, for 2 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Thinly slice beef diagonally. Divide beef between hoagies; drizzle with sauce. Top with grilled onions and cheese.
    Makes 4 servings.

OK----I am off a little bit. The Super Bowel is not this Sunday, but the next one. I really need to get a 2010 calendar!! Just gives more time for good football food.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list