List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Started by Rosie Butterface at 2009/07/29 06:12AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/22 03:00PM, Views: 21697, Replies: 178
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:
    #71   2009/10/28 05:52AM
    Re: Guiding Lights fans cooking...
    Rosie Butter...

Jenna’s Lemon Tea Bread: Since Jenna was from England and was a classy thief, she would have indulged in a few tea parties. I could also see her and Henry Chamberlin sitting down, drinking tea and laughing together. This would be a good bread to make and give away as a gift for a teacher, neighbor and so on.
    2 ½ C. all-purpose flour
    1 ½ teas. Baking powder
    ½ baking soda
    ½ salt
    ½ cup butter or margarine(1 stick), softened
    1 ¼ C. Sugar
    2teas. Freshly grated lemon peel
    2 large eggs
    1 container(8oz) sour cream
    1teas. Vanilla extract
    Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease 9X5 loaf pan: dust with flour too. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a larger bowl, with a mixer at low speed, beat butter until creamy. Then add sugar and lemon peel and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beating the mixture is good to do when thinking about how CBS has replaced our beloved GL. Reduce speed to low and add eggs , one at a time, beating well after each one. Occasionally scraping bowl with a rubber spatula. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Add vanilla and beat just until smooth, scraping bowl. Spoon batter into loaf pan and spread evenly. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cool loaf in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.

#72   2009/11/03 11:43AM
    Rosie Butter...

Tammy and Jonathon’s Pumpkin Cream Muffin. One word—Pump-kin! Ok, a little immature on my part—but some days I just cannot help myself.
    1 pkg(2 layer size) spice cake mix
    1pkg. (3.4 oz.) Vanilla flavor instant pudding.
    1 cup of canned pumpkin
    1pkg. (8oz) cream cheese, softened
    ¼ cup of sugar
    1 egg
    Preheat oven 350 degrees. Mix cake batter as directed on package. Add dry pudding mix and pumpkin; mix well. Spoon into 24 lined muffin cups. Then beat cream cheese w/ mixer until creamy. Blend in sugar and egg; spoon over batter. Swirl gently with small spoon. Bake for 18 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 min.; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.

#73   2009/11/09 06:21AM
    Rosie Butter...

Blake Thrope-Spaulding-Marler's Baked Acorn Squash. Well, the acorn does not fall far from the tree. Blake was so much her father's daughter. Also, both would "Squash" anyone in there way to get what the wanted. With Thanksgiving so close, I am going to try to do Turkey day stuff.
    2 small acorn squash(1 pound each), cut each one lenghwise in half and take seeds out.
    2 tablespoons of butter or margarine, cut into pieces.
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar.
    Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Geas a 13X9 baking dish. Place squash, cut side down in baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Turn cut side up. Place 1/4 of butter and brown sugar in each cavity of the squash. Bake until squash is tender and butter and brown sugar have melted, about 5 minutes. My hubby likes marshmellow melted on this too. I do not like it with brown sugar, so I put a little garlic and salt with mine, but can do both at the same time. Good simpe and easy---which, Blake was a little easy too!!!

#74   2009/11/10 03:18PM
    Rosie Butter...

It was Thanksgiving 2002 when Alexandra(played by Joan Collins) busted Olivia for the one who sent Lorelei’s diary to a publisher. I would have guessed that Olivia would have loved to “stuff” the turkey down Alex’s throat, as Phillip, Beth, Alan and Lizzie were shocked and upset. Do any of you remember when Ed and Mo were pregnant? They were in a back of a car and talking about baby names. Ed came up with Sage. Maureen laughed and said we could have sage, rosemary and thyme. Now sage somewhat of a common name. This was before Ed slept with Claire…
    In a 4-quart pan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add 3 stalks of celery, coarsely chopped and 1 small onion finely chopped; cook stirring occasionally until tender—about 12 minutes. Remove saucepan from the heat. Add 1 loaf (16 oz) sliced firm white bread and cut or tear into ¾ inch pieces, 1 can (14 ½ oz.) chicken broth, ¼ cup of fresh parsley, ½ teaspoon dried thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon of dried sage and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper—toss well. Spoon into a greased 9X9 baking dish and cover with foil. Bake at 325 degrees until heated through, about 30 minutes. My mom likes to take the foil off about 5 minutes before taking out of the oven so it has a “crust.” She also adds 1 or 2 eggs to keep it moist, but make sure it is cooked fully.

#75   2009/11/16 03:35PM
    Rosie Butter...

Grady's a Pumpkin Dip---
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    2 cups confectioners' sugar
    1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
    1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
    1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate
    1.In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually mix in the pumpkin. Stir in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and orange juice until smooth and well blended. Chill until serving. Serve with Gingersnaps or graham cracker.

#76   2009/11/16 05:17PM
    Bizzie Fan

Hi! Rosie. Hope everyone is feeling better. Glad to post with you again. Still enjoying reading your recipies.

#77   2009/11/17 02:33PM
    Rosie Butter...

Dr. Tim Ryan's Green Bean Casserole. Jordan Clarke was on GL from 74-76 as Dr. Tim Ryan. He later came back to Gl in a diffier role-----Billy Lewis. I was still able to use my hands to tell people how old I was and do not recall him as Dr. Ryan, but found this interesting. I do not think Bill y should eat too much of this---bacon is in it. Best Wishes to Jordan Clarke and hope he as a fast and full recovery!!!

4 slices bacon
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
    1/2 medium onion, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1/2 cup slivered almonds
    1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
    3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt with no MSG
    1/3 teaspoon white pepper
    2 (15.5 ounce) cans French cut green beans, drained
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and fry until crisp. Remove from the skillet to drain on paper towels. Pour olive oil into the skillet, and reduce heat to medium. When oil is hot, add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring frequently until the onions start to become translucent. Add garlic, and fry for a couple of minutes, just until fragrant. Stir in the mushroom soup and almonds, and bring to a boil. Season with seasoned salt and white pepper, and crumble in the bacon. Gently stir in the green beans, then transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the top. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

#78   2009/11/17 02:36PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote Bizzie Fan: Hi! Rosie. Hope everyone is feeling better. Glad to post with you again. Still enjoying reading your recipies.

Hi Bizzie---we are doing well, just so gosh darn busy---I am just worn out!! Hope you and everyone are doing GREAT!!! I have been slacking with my post--sorry. I still really miss GL. I thought time would help, but with the holidays, it is like a family member gone. But we all keep pluging away!

#79   2009/11/17 05:25PM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote Rosie Butterface:
    Quote Bizzie Fan: Hi! Rosie. Hope everyone is feeling better. Glad to post with you again. Still enjoying reading your recipies.

Hi Bizzie---we are doing well, just so gosh darn busy---I am just worn out!! Hope you and everyone are doing GREAT!!! I have been slacking with my post--sorry. I still really miss GL. I thought time would help, but with the holidays, it is like a family member gone. But we all keep pluging away!
    Glad everyone is doing well. No need to be sorry. I am guilty of slacking to post too. I also still miss GL just as much as I did the first week.

#80   2009/11/20 09:46AM
    Rosie Butter...

Company’s Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes. I am guessing Buzz is getting ready to have a big Thanksgiving Feast at Company. In memory of Coop, he would have it open to all to come and eat there; friends, foe, and all those in-between. My extended family has a big Christmas, and much work has to be done a head of time
    5 pounds potatoes, cut
    2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
    8 ounces sour cream
    1/2 cup milk
    2 teaspoons onion salt
    ground black pepper to taste
    Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place potatoes in a large pot of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, and mash. In a large bowl, mix mashed potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, onion salt, and pepper. Transfer to a large casserole dish. Cover, and bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list