List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Started by Rosie Butterface at 2009/07/29 06:12AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/22 03:00PM, Views: 20350, Replies: 178
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #41   2009/09/11 11:17AM
    Re: Guiding Lights fans cooking...
    calliope

Thanks lovenoah. Now we have a real, authentic, Dr Rick endorsed burger recipe!

#42   2009/09/11 12:00PM
    Rosie Butter...

Cyrus and Gray’s Family Sponge Cake:
    I think the name says it all!
    1Cup Sugar
    5 Tablespoons cold water
    5 Eggs yolks
    1/2 teaspoon of lemon flavoring
    Pinch of salt(I hope Cyrus is doing the pinching!)
    1 Cup of flour
    1 teaspoon of baking powder
    5 egg whites
    1 teaspoon of vanilla
    Beat sugar and egg yolk until lemon color. Add vanilla and water. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder and add egg yolk mixture. Gently fold in beaten egg whites. Pour into ungreased tube pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

#43   2009/09/11 01:04PM
    Terror

My take on a Buzz Burger recipe:Greek burgers

pound of ground round

pound of ground veal

half a cup breadcrumbs

one egg

1/4 cup water

1 teaspoon crushed rosemary

1 teaspoon basil

1/2 teaspoon oregano

teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg

salt and pepper to taste

feta cheese (sliced)

mix ingredients together and form burgers around feta cheese.Grill.Serve on a bulkie roll with onion,cucumber and cucumber dressing.

Serve with a generous side of tough love,understanding and close knit family.Be sure to garnish with vocal fights and lots of hugs.

#44   2009/09/13 07:02PM
    Rosie Butter...

Rosie's Butterfinger Bars(Ok, I put me into this. The crust like part of this stuff kind of crumbles. Right now I am crumbling---I cannot believe this is the last week of GL). I plan on making this this Friday(9-18-09) and eating the whole dang thing!!! So, you might get a receipe for Rosie's Big Buttroast next!!

1 Cup brown sugar
    1/2 Cup white sugar
    1 Cup margarine(soften)
    4Cups oatmeal
    1pkg. chocolate chips
    3/4 Cup peanut butter.
    Mix all together, except for the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Press in a buttered pan(13x9). Bake 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Let it cool then melt the chocolate chips and mix in the peanut butter. Spread over the top and let cool. Then cut and eat! Kind of messy, but it is a good to eat!

#45   2009/09/13 07:18PM
    Phillygirl06

I was reading some of these and can't believe how cute and clever you guys are! I will have to cook up an "Oakra" (sp) Reva recipe!

#46   2009/09/14 07:49PM
    Rosie Butter...

Amanda Spaulding's Pecan Refriderator Cookies(Since Amanda was kind of fridged and cold, this refrigerator cookie is for her. Like the rest of her family and recipes listed for the Spauldings, this too is full of nuts!)
    1 pound butter, softened
    1 pound of brown sugar
    2 eggs
    2 Tablespoons vanilla
    4 Cups of flour
    1Teaspoons cinnamon
    1Teaspoon baking powder
    1Teaspoon salt
    1 pound of chopped pecans(I toast them slightly at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, but not needed too.)
    Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Sift dry ingredients together and add to butter mixture, mixing thoroughly. Stir in pecans. Chill dough for one or two hours. Divide into 6 portions: shape into rolls about 1 3/4 inches in diameter. Wrap the rolls in waxed paper and chill overnight or longer. Slice about 1/4 inch thick. Bake on greased cookie sheet in preheated 375 degrees oven for 10 minutes.

#47   2009/09/15 03:46PM
    Rosie Butter...

Depression Cake---The name says it all!!
    1-1/2 cups Raisins
    1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
    1 cup strong coffee or water
    1 cup grated apple (about 1 medium)
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or shortening
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon ground allspice
    1 teaspoon ground cloves
    1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
    powdered sugar (optional)
    Combine raisins, sugar, coffee or water, apple and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes. (Mixture should measure 2-3/4 to 3 cups total.) Cool for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350. Greasea 13X9 baking pan with cooking spray. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices in a small bowl. Add to raisin mixture in saucepan; stir well to combine. Add nuts. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve slightly warm or cool, dusted with powdered sugar if desired.

#48   2009/09/16 03:11PM
    Rosie Butter...

Alan Spualding’s Death By Chocolate. Since Alan died of a heart attack, it looks like this recipe might have been what did him in. This does taste like an M.I. in the making.
    1 package of German chocolate cake mix
    1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
    1 2/3 cups milk
    ¾ cup strong brewed coffee
    1(12oz.)container frozen whipped topping, thawed
    6 (1.4 oz.) bars chocolate covered toffee bars, frozen and crushed.
    In a 9X13 in pan, bake cake according to the direction on the package. Cool and crumble. Make pudding, also per instructed on the package, with milk. In a large serving bowl, place half of the crumble cake. Pour half of the coffee over the cake and spread half of the pudding over that. Top with half of the whipped topping, sprinkled with half of the crumbled candy bars. Repeat layers in the same order. Refrigerate until served.

#49   2009/09/17 08:17AM
    Rosie Butter...

Not as good as Sex in Springfield Cake! This is a take on the Better then Sex Cake, but there has been some good sex seen on GL and much provided by the long term resident of Springfield. I think a few ingredients have been used in a few scenes…This is a common recipe. When I was in college, I took care of an elderly lady who made this cake...she was divorce for a long time, so it was well needed. We had to run her errands before her stories were on. She too was a CBS soap watcher. She was not a GL fan until I got her into it. It was a great job, I could just set with her and watch my soaps. She past away about 10 years ago, but she would have sad to see a wonderful show leaving.
    1 package yellow cake mix
    1can crushed pineapple with juice
    3 bananas, sliced
    1package instant vanilla pudding mix
    1(16oz.) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
    1 ¼ cups flaked coconut
    16 oz. chopped walnuts
    ½ cup white sugar
    Bake yellow cake mix according to package directions for one 9X13 cake pan. Combine the crushed pineapple(undrained) with the white sugar and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Set aside and let cool. Mix instant vanilla pudding per direction on package. Once cake is cool, spread the cooled pineapple mixture over the top, followed by the vanilla pudding, sliced bananas and whipped topping. Sprinkle flaked coconut and chopped nuts over the top of the cake. Let cake chill for at least 1 hour before serving

#50   2009/09/24 02:17PM
    Rosie Butter...

Ok, I have not posted due to my family having H1N1 flu. Due to illness, I decided to post Rosie’s Pork and Sauerkraut. Please get the shot for this when it comes out next week. This flu is very hard to deal with and we were healthy to start off with. Since our immune system was lowered due to the swine flu, we are now fighting other illness. Please be careful. I guess we know how I made it through my first week of no GL. I do not like it
    6 (1/2 inch thick) bone-in pork loin chops
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 cup applesauce
    1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut - rinsed and drained
    1/4 cup white wine, apple juice or water
    4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
    1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
    pepper to taste
    In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list