List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Started by Rosie Butterface at 2009/07/29 06:12AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/22 03:00PM, Views: 21818, Replies: 178
    « 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:
    #161   2012/07/25 10:01AM
    Re: Guiding Lights fans cooking...
    Bizzie Fan

Quote Rosie Butterface: Lujack’s Butterfinger Dessert. No need to heat the oven. It hit 104 here yesterday, so today at 100 seems almost cool.....NOT!

Graham crackers
    3 lg. pkg. vanilla instant pudding
    4 c. cold milk
    1 qt. vanilla ice cream
    1 sm. container Cool Whip
    2 Butterfingers
    Make graham cracker crust, reserve a little for the top. Mix 3 large packages vanilla instant pudding with 4 cups cold milk. Mix well. Add 1 quart vanilla ice cream and 1 small container Cool Whip. Mix well and pour over crust. Top with reserved graham crackers and 2 crunched up Butterfingers. Put in refrigerator until set.

Sounds yummy. Butterfinger is one of my favorites. I will have to give this one a try.
    Stay safe in the heat.

#162   2013/01/08 02:01PM
    Rosie Butter...

Sad GL Fan’s Cake. This cake is really called Sad Cake. It will fall and look sad, but from reviews I have read it is good and chewy. After the holidays, I am out of baking supplies and have not had time to stock up. However, plan to make this soon. I might let my daughter and her friend make it, they are not great cooks, but like to try new stuff.
    4 eggs
    1 box brown sugar (light)
    2 c. Bisquick
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 c. nuts
    1 sm. can coconut
    1 pkg. chocolate chips (optional)
    Beat eggs well; add brown sugar. Mix in Bisquick. Add remaining ingredients and pour into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Spread to sides. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in 325 degree oven.

#163   2013/01/21 08:01AM
    Rosie Butter...

Guiding Light’s Superbowl food! Here is a staple from the Husker State!!! Easy and different from the Sloppy Joe’s. Tastee Inn & Out is a restaurant located just off of 48th & Holdrege. The place hasn’t changed much since opening their doors in 1948. The drive thru window is on the passenger’s side of the car, orders are written down by hand and sent through a tube into the kitchen, and the trays of food come out on a conveyor belt from the kitchen. This one-of-a-kind restaurant created the legendary Tastee sandwich, loose hamburger served on a bun with mustard and a pickle. Aside from this sandwich, Tastee Inn & Out has wonderful onion chips and milkshakes for a “well-balanced” meal. I highly recommend trying Tastee Inn & Out the next time you are in Lincoln.
    Ingredients
    *Note* Put 2.5 lbs of lean ground beef in a kettle or deep skillet. DO NOT BROWN THE MEAT BEFORE ADDING THE OTHER INGREDIENTS!
    Combine in a 1-cup measuring cup:
    • 1/4 cup ketchup
    • 1.5 tsp prepared mustard
    • 1.5 tsp horseradish
    • 1.5 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 1/8 tsp pepper
    Preparation
    Stir ingredients into beef. Add 1/2 cup warm water to mixture. Add 1/2 cup finely chopped onion. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring constantly until beef is in fine pieces. Increase heat until boiling. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring often. Serve on hamburger buns will dill pickle chips and mustard.

#164   2013/06/12 03:35PM
    Rosie Butter...

Hi---I am just going to share this link. My daughter wants me to make these. I think will be good for Father's day this coming Sunday!! www.instructables.com/id/Ultimate-Oreo-Brownies/

It has it all and not to difficult to do.

Take care everyone out there!!! Miss all the GL fans!!!

#165   2013/07/12 11:41PM
    LucyT

You all are making me hungry my husband and oldest son will love Lujacks Dessert.I sure miss the Bauer BBQ every year!

#166   2013/07/18 05:36PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote LucyT: You all are making me hungry my husband and oldest son will love Lujacks Dessert.I sure miss the Bauer BBQ every year!

Hi LucyT!!! How are ya doing? My 13 year old loves the Lujack's Dessert! He could eat it everyday all day! Must be good for him, he just outgrew my last week. I am 5'9 and my 8 year old is the only one taller than I!

I miss the Bauer's BBQ too! I still want a Bauer's kitchen too! I saw on the OWN network OLTL and was impressed with it. I am lost as to what is going on, but knew most those on the show.

#167   2013/07/18 09:20PM
    LucyT

Quote Rosie Butterface:
    Quote LucyT: You all are making me hungry my husband and oldest son will love Lujacks Dessert.I sure miss the Bauer BBQ every year!

Hi LucyT!!! How are ya doing? My 13 year old loves the Lujack's Dessert! He could eat it everyday all day! Must be good for him, he just outgrew my last week. I am 5'9 and my 8 year old is the only one taller than I!

I miss the Bauer's BBQ too! I still want a Bauer's kitchen too! I saw on the OWN network OLTL and was impressed with it. I am lost as to what is going on, but knew most those on the show.

I am good I didn't know OLTL is on OWN.I watch B&B,Y&r,AND GH some.
    I loved the Bauer kitchen.I just miss GL and ATWT like crazy.I guess it is hard to except they are gone. I keep hoping they will get picked back up.I read an artical that says soaps are having a rebirth.I keep hoping GL will be reborn.

It must be nice to be tall.I am 5'1 everyone is taller than me and eating to much of Lujack dessert might make me just as wide as I am tall My son and husband will eat it up though so I will make it this weekend.

I love this cook book idea I read through most of them and I have to admit it made me laugh and cry a little but it brought back so many good memories.

Thank you for starting it.

#168   2013/07/19 01:43PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote LucyT:
    Quote Rosie Butterface:

I loved the Bauer kitchen.I just miss GL and ATWT like crazy.I guess it is hard to except they are gone. I keep hoping they will get picked back up.I read an artical that says soaps are having a rebirth.I keep hoping GL will be reborn.

It must be nice to be tall.I am 5'1 everyone is taller than me and eating to much of Lujack dessert might make me just as wide as I am tall My son and husband will eat it up though so I will make it this weekend.

I love this cook book idea I read through most of them and I have to admit it made me laugh and cry a little but it brought back so many good memories.

I stated wrong---my 8 year old is the only one shorter than I am. My older 3 are all taller than I am. I need to add some new recipes here, but have been lazy with the hot weather. I was attacked by my fridge today! I moved to fasted and walked into the side of my fridge and my nose is black and blue and swollen----I call it a dumb dumb wound! I need to let the swelling go down and than see if it needs an ENT! I think it is a rum and coke night for me later. At least I have a better excuse if I hurt myself than!!

#169   2013/07/19 06:22PM
    LucyT

Quote Rosie Butterface:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote Rosie Butterface:

I stated wrong---my 8 year old is the only one shorter than I am. My older 3 are all taller than I am. I need to add some new recipes here, but have been lazy with the hot weather. I was attacked by my fridge today! I moved to fasted and walked into the side of my fridge and my nose is black and blue and swollen----I call it a dumb dumb wound! I need to let the swelling go down and than see if it needs an ENT! I think it is a rum and coke night for me later. At least I have a better excuse if I hurt myself than!!

OUCH!Sorry to hear about that.I actually did the same thing sort of. I didn't get my nose. thank goodness! just bounced off and bruised my arm on the corner of the counter.My excuse? I just moved to a new home but now I am wondering are our fridges conspiring to get us

#170   2013/11/28 06:24PM
    Bizzie Fan

Rosie wanted to say hi to you and wish you and your family along with all of the other wonderful GL fans on our board a Blessed & Happy Thanksgiving.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list