List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Started by Rosie Butterface at 2009/07/29 06:12AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/22 03:00PM, Views: 21266, Replies: 178
    « 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:
    #151   2012/05/02 08:27AM
    Re: Guiding Lights fans cooking...
    Rosie Butter...

Michelle Santo’s Spanish Flan. Michelle would make this trying to kiss up to her evil mother in law, only to fail. This recipe is one my daughter’s friend made for a class project. She did not know how to cook the sugar without burning it, normal for anyone, especially a new cook. I had her come over to help with it, as her home life is a little crazy right now. Anyway, it turned out yummy! She was so cute; she said she never made anything anyone would ever want to eat before! Oh, if the sugar/caramel mixture is hard, as it will become harder very fast, I hit it in the microwave for 10 secs at a time.
    Spanish Flan
    1 Cup white sugar
    3 eggs
    1 (14oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
    1(12 fluid oz) can evaporated milk
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
    Preheat oven to 350. In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the sugar until liquefied and golden in color. Carefully pour hot syrup into a 9 inch round glass baking dish, turning the dish to evenly coat the bottom and sides. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, pour the evaporated milk, condensed milk, vanilla and 3 eggs together. Mix well and then pour into the 9 inch glass baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes. Let cool completely. To serve, carefully invert (put upside down) on serving place with edges when fully cool.

#152   2012/05/02 08:36AM
    Rosie Butter...

[quote]Quote Bizzie Fan: [quote]Quote Rosie Butterface: Hi---I am just copy/paste this recipes. No, I am not being lazy---well, yes I am, but I still have good cause! The picture is needed to see. I love Kraft Recipes and I get daily recipes from them. This Bunny Cake was in an old kids cook book my mom had when I was growing up. Always thought it was a cool cake, might be fun to have kids/grand kids help. Have a Hoppy Day ya all!

www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bunny-cake-57450.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-mtd-_-20120326-_... />

Thanks so much Rosie. It's so cute. Our family has baked a bunny cake every year at Easter since my boys were little. It is a tradition for us. Hope all is well.[/quote]
    Bizzie, your boys will never forget that cake! Their wives will have to learn how to make it or be told about how mom made a bunny cake every year!! It is fun to build traditions and to see them past down. My mom made my one brother a lamb cake for his birthday and always had the black jelly beans in the back. She would usually give my dad the butt!! Hum, they have been married for over 50 years, so I guess he was ok being the butt of her jokes!!

#153   2012/05/07 06:15PM
    Bizzie Fan

[quote]Quote Rosie Butterface: [quote]Quote Bizzie Fan: [quote]Quote Rosie Butterface: Hi---I am just copy/paste this recipes. No, I am not being lazy---well, yes I am, but I still have good cause! The picture is needed to see. I love Kraft Recipes and I get daily recipes from them. This Bunny Cake was in an old kids cook book my mom had when I was growing up. Always thought it was a cool cake, might be fun to have kids/grand kids help. Have a Hoppy Day ya all!

www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bunny-cake-57450.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-mtd-_-20120326-_... />

Thanks so much Rosie. It's so cute. Our family has baked a bunny cake every year at Easter since my boys were little. It is a tradition for us. Hope all is well.[/quote]
    Bizzie, your boys will never forget that cake! Their wives will have to learn how to make it or be told about how mom made a bunny cake every year!! It is fun to build traditions and to see them past down. My mom made my one brother a lamb cake for his birthday and always had the black jelly beans in the back. She would usually give my dad the butt!! Hum, they have been married for over 50 years, so I guess he was ok being the butt of her jokes!![/quote]

That it is Rosie. My oldest is 19 and he still ask if we were going to color Easter eggs. We did and had so much fun.

#154   2012/05/09 02:17PM
    Rosie Butter...

[quote]Quote Bizzie Fan: [quote]Quote Rosie Butterface: [quote]Quote Bizzie Fan: [quote]Quote Rosie Butterface: Hi---I am just copy/paste this recipes. No, I am not being lazy---well, yes I am, but I still have good cause! The picture is needed to see. I love Kraft Recipes and I get daily recipes from them. This Bunny Cake was in an old kids cook book my mom had when I was growing up. Always thought it was a cool cake, might be fun to have kids/grand kids help. Have a Hoppy Day ya all!

Bizzie, your boys will never forget that cake! Their wives will have to learn how to make it or be told about how mom made a bunny cake every year!! It is fun to build traditions and to see them past down. My mom made my one brother a lamb cake for his birthday and always had the black jelly beans in the back. She would usually give my dad the butt!! Hum, they have been married for over 50 years, so I guess he was ok being the butt of her jokes!![/quote]

That it is Rosie. My oldest is 19 and he still ask if we were going to color Easter eggs. We did and had so much fun.[/quote]

My oldest will be 19 in July! It is finals week for him this week. I plan on sending him to my parents for a few weeks, as they pay well for farm help. My now 6'1" tall daughter wants to find a job this summer too, but is only 15 and will take Drivers Ed this summer too. My 12 year old likes the tradation of ramen noodles on Christmas eve. We tell him that is not a tradation, he is just picky. He said he has eaten ramen noodles for the last 5 or 6 eves, it is his tradation. My 7 year old is doing well, just getting over being ill, but good over all. Hope you have a really good summer, as well as everyone on this board.

#155   2012/05/13 11:54AM
    Bizzie Fan

[quote]Quote Rosie Butterface: [quote]Quote Bizzie Fan: [quote]Quote Rosie Butterface: [quote]Quote Bizzie Fan: [quote]Quote Rosie Butterface: Hi---I am just copy/paste this recipes. No, I am not being lazy---well, yes I am, but I still have good cause! The picture is needed to see. I love Kraft Recipes and I get daily recipes from them. This Bunny Cake was in an old kids cook book my mom had when I was growing up. Always thought it was a cool cake, might be fun to have kids/grand kids help. Have a Hoppy Day ya all!

That it is Rosie. My oldest is 19 and he still ask if we were going to color Easter eggs. We did and had so much fun.[/quote]

My oldest will be 19 in July! It is finals week for him this week. I plan on sending him to my parents for a few weeks, as they pay well for farm help. My now 6'1" tall daughter wants to find a job this summer too, but is only 15 and will take Drivers Ed this summer too. My 12 year old likes the tradation of ramen noodles on Christmas eve. We tell him that is not a tradation, he is just picky. He said he has eaten ramen noodles for the last 5 or 6 eves, it is his tradation. My 7 year old is doing well, just getting over being ill, but good over all. Hope you have a really good summer, as well as everyone on this board.[/quote]

Thanks Rosie

Your daughter is almost as tall as my husband. He is almost 6'3.
    Hope you and your family have a great summer as well. Time to fire up the grill. There is a little ice cream shop less than 5 min. from our house that opens up every spring. We have gone there for years. So yummy and addictive. Not good for someone like me who loves ice cream.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/05/13 11:55AM
    #156   2012/06/01 08:09AM
    Rosie Butter...

Ok, I am taking the easy road, but what can I say, I'm easy! Well, not that kind of easy people! Today is Doughnut Day and there are free doughnuts out there. My hubby, one kid that was up and myself went to Krispy Kremes and we received 3 doughnuts of any kind we wanted. We picked up glaze for the 3 lazy buts at home! Other place are having this special too, so check out. Here is a link wiht a few places. hip2save.com/2012/05/31/national-donut-day-free-donuts-june-1st/?ocid=ansmsnbc11... />
    Ok, today gets better!! Panda Express has a free single serving of the Orange Chicken entrée. Kicker is it is after 9:00p.m. I can hold of eating if it is Orange Chicken!! Here is the site, will need to print coupon. I called the PE that is closest to me and they said it is one per person, not family or car(they have drive through). Here is that site www.fastcasual.com/article/195077/Panda-Express-extends-evening-hours. Could you see Mom Readon packing up her crew in her station wagon!

#157   2012/06/25 08:56AM
    Bizzie Fan

Starting to plan our family 4th of July cookout and remembering the Bauer BBQ. Always one of my favorites on our great GL.

#158   2012/06/28 08:01AM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote Bizzie Fan: Starting to plan our family 4th of July cookout and remembering the Bauer BBQ. Always one of my favorites on our great GL.

Oh, I so agree!! Loved the Bauers BBQs! Loved the Bauer's home. I wanted a pool and kitchen just like they had. What was so real about it, for me, was how some many ended up in the kitchen, just like most homes. As I have said before, Oh how I loved it when Phillip was at the pool in a black speedo. Not all can pull the look off, but he could!! My parents buy grain feed beef from a farmer they know, and yes, they spoil me big time. We made burgers, just simple, salt pepper and good grilling---the best ever! My 12 year old said it was even better then McD's, which is a five star for him.

Side note, all moms out there will love this. My 12 year old wanted a DS game a few weeks back. He asked his dad and dad said you have to sweet talk mom. He asked how to do that. Dad said, well tell her she looks very pretty today. He started to say that. Stopped wiht a confussed look on his face. Looked over at his dad and said, but dad, mom always looks pretty, not just today? Needless to say, he got the game!! He did some extra hard school work and did well on it and felt a reward was needed!!

#159   2012/07/08 06:20PM
    Rosie Butter...

I know there is a post up for Dallas now. HOWEVER, I would rather write here. Bizzie, as you noted liking the Bauer BBQ's, which totally agree with ya on. I was watching the new Dallas, which I realy like! SueEllen is my fave! Anyway, there has been a few Southfork cookouts, which I loved too as a kid. It made me think too, that with the popularity of Dallas soon brought GL Billy, HB, Josh and Reva. I am happy Dallas is back. Oh how I hope GL could make it back!!

#160   2012/07/24 01:24PM
    Rosie Butter...

Lujack’s Butterfinger Dessert. No need to heat the oven. It hit 104 here yesterday, so today at 100 seems almost cool.....NOT!

Graham crackers
    3 lg. pkg. vanilla instant pudding
    4 c. cold milk
    1 qt. vanilla ice cream
    1 sm. container Cool Whip
    2 Butterfingers
    Make graham cracker crust, reserve a little for the top. Mix 3 large packages vanilla instant pudding with 4 cups cold milk. Mix well. Add 1 quart vanilla ice cream and 1 small container Cool Whip. Mix well and pour over crust. Top with reserved graham crackers and 2 crunched up Butterfingers. Put in refrigerator until set.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list