List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Started by Rosie Butterface at 2009/07/29 06:12AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/22 03:00PM, Views: 21794, Replies: 178
    « 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:
    #141   2012/01/31 08:25AM
    Re: Guiding Lights fans cooking...
    Rosie Butter...

Warm Caramel Pilar Santos Bananas. Pilar was such a pretty girl with a warm heart. However, she had Carmen as a mother. Eventually, poor Pilar had a nervous break down. So, one might say she was a little nuts or went bananas. Either way, this dessert fits her pretty well. Have not made this yet. I think this would be a good one for my 15 year old daughter and her friend to try. The two are not very good at cooking—but this sound easy, with a mom looking over their steps!!
    2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
    1/3 Cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    1/3 Cup of Sour Cream
    2 medium bananas, peeled
    ½ Cup of Dry Roasted Peanuts
    1 Square Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
    ½ thawed Whipped Topping
    Melt the butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add sugar; cook until melted, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add sour cream; cook 1 min. cut the bananas in half lengthwise and crosswise creating 4 half slices each. Add banana slices, cut sides down, and peanuts to skillet. Cook 1 min. or until bananas are evenly coated and tender, basting occasionally with sauce. Spoon the bananas evenly into 4 dessert dishes; top with remaining sauce in skillet. Drizzle chocolate on top of bananas. Top each evenly with whipped topping.

#142   2012/02/08 12:42PM
    chychy65

Quote Rosie Butterface: Ultimate Party Floyd Parker's Chicken Wings

1 (12-ounce) bottle Heinz® Chili Sauce
    1 (16-ounce) can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
    24 chicken drummettes
    Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
    Combine chili sauce and cranberry sauce in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until smooth. Reserve one-third of sauce mixture.
    Arrange drummettes on baking sheet coated with non-stick spray.
    Bake for 15 minutes. Turn drummettes over. Brush with remaining sauce mixture until well coated. Bake for additional 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
    Serve hot with reserved sauce for dipping.

this thread is awesome, just copied this one... where have i been, and this was started in 09 wow...

#143   2012/02/17 06:10AM
    Rosie Butter...

Tangie Hill Turtle Brownie Cookies. Tangie was just a filler and slow storyline to get us back to Josh and Reva. I never made these, but one my husband and daughter would love.
    COOKIES:
    • No-Stick Cooking Spray
    • 1/2 cup Alll Purpose Flour
    • 1 (19.25 oz.) pkg. Traditional Fudge Brownie mix
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
    • 1 large egg
    • 2 cups pecan halves, split lengthwise

FROSTING:
    • 22 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
    • 1 to 2 tbsps. water
    • 2 tsps. powdered sugar
    Directions
    HEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, brownie mix, water, oil and egg in large bowl; blend well. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Arrange 5 pecan pieces under each to resemble head and legs of turtle.
    BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until top of cookies appear almost set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool 2 minutes or until completely cooled.
    COMBINE caramels and 1 tablespoon water in small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth, adding enough additional water for desired drizzling consistency. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Spoon over cookies. Let stand until frosting is set. Store cookies between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.

#144   2012/02/21 01:06PM
    Bizzie Fan

Quote Rosie Butterface: Tangie Hill Turtle Brownie Cookies. Tangie was just a filler and slow storyline to get us back to Josh and Reva. I never made these, but one my husband and daughter would love.
    COOKIES:
    • No-Stick Cooking Spray
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
    • 1 large egg

FROSTING:
    • 1 to 2 tbsps. water
    • 2 tsps. powdered sugar
    Directions
    HEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, brownie mix, water, oil and egg in large bowl; blend well. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Arrange 5 pecan pieces under each to resemble head and legs of turtle.
    BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until top of cookies appear almost set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool 2 minutes or until completely cooled.
    COMBINE caramels and 1 tablespoon water in small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth, adding enough additional water for desired drizzling consistency. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Spoon over cookies. Let stand until frosting is set. Store cookies between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.

Oh Rosie, if I had a plate of these I would be dangerous. It may sound crazy, but I can almost taste these. It is that time of the afternoon, you know when you need a pick me up, and these would be perfect. I might just have to make a trip to the store and pick up some brownie mix.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/02/21 01:13PM
    #145   2012/03/06 07:59AM
    Rosie Butter...

Gin and Sin: this is for all resident and guest of Springfield. I think it is for all of us on the GL message board too
    2 oz dry gin
    3tbsp. lemon juice
    1 tsp. caster sugar
    1tbsp. heavy cream
    ½ rose water
    Club soda
    Shake well with ice. Strain into a tall glass filled with ice cubes. Add soda water to taste and stir.
    For those like me who have no idea what Caster sugar is, I looked it up. It is a fine grind of sugar which is used by bartenders and bakers, among others, for its quick dissolving properties. It is also sometimes seen spelled as castor sugar, and it may be labeled as “superfine sugar” as well. Much like regular table sugar, caster sugar can come in both refined and unrefined forms.

#146   2012/03/06 08:02AM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote Bizzie Fan:
    Quote Rosie Butterface: Tangie Hill Turtle Brownie Cookies. Tangie was just a filler and slow storyline to get us back to Josh and Reva. I never made these, but one my husband and daughter would love.
    COOKIES:
    • No-Stick Cooking Spray
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
    • 1 large egg

FROSTING:
    • 1 to 2 tbsps. water
    • 2 tsps. powdered sugar
    Directions

Oh Rosie, if I had a plate of these I would be dangerous. It may sound crazy, but I can almost taste these. It is that time of the afternoon, you know when you need a pick me up, and these would be perfect. I might just have to make a trip to the store and pick up some brownie mix.

Not crazy at all. That is one of many reasons why food is more then food. It is a way of getting over a bad day. It bonds families and it just taste dang good too!! I am not a big sweet person, but I looooove uncooked brownie and cookie dough!!

#147   2012/03/16 06:34AM
    Rosie Butter...

Of course with tomorrow being St. Paddy’s day, I had to have one of the Readon’s family recipe. Now, my hubby would call this a waste of good whiskey, but after my last experience with Jim Beam Black, I would rather consume it as bread----yea, I will leave it at that! Luck of the Irish to ya all!
    Reardon’s Family Irish Whiskey Muffins.
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/3 cup white sugar
    • 2 teaspoons Irish cream liqueur (such as Baileys®)
    • 2 teaspoons Irish whiskey
    • 7 fluid ounces milk, or as needed
    • 1 egg
    • 1/2 cup butter, melted
    • Directors
    • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    • Grease 12 muffin cups.
    • Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
    • Mix Irish cream liqueur and Irish whiskey in a 1-cup measure.
    • Pour milk into same measuring cup for a total of 8 fluid ounces.
    • Whisk together egg, milk mixture, and butter in a bowl.
    • Gently stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
    • Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.

PS----If you have a facebook acount(I do not yet) you can get a BOGO Ruben at Arby's in honor of St. Patrick's day. Great if you want to have lunch with a friend!

#148   2012/03/16 06:21PM
    Bizzie Fan

Hi Rosie,
    Hope all is well with you and your family.
    Thanks for the recipe and info on the BOGO Ruben.

#149   2012/03/27 06:25AM
    Rosie Butter...

Hi---I am just copy/paste this recipes. No, I am not being lazy---well, yes I am, but I still have good cause! The picture is needed to see. I love Kraft Recipes and I get daily recipes from them. This Bunny Cake was in an old kids cook book my mom had when I was growing up. Always thought it was a cool cake, might be fun to have kids/grand kids help. Have a Hoppy Day ya all!

www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bunny-cake-57450.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-mtd-_-20120326-_...

#150   2012/03/27 04:54PM
    Bizzie Fan

[quote]Quote Rosie Butterface: Hi---I am just copy/paste this recipes. No, I am not being lazy---well, yes I am, but I still have good cause! The picture is needed to see. I love Kraft Recipes and I get daily recipes from them. This Bunny Cake was in an old kids cook book my mom had when I was growing up. Always thought it was a cool cake, might be fun to have kids/grand kids help. Have a Hoppy Day ya all!

www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bunny-cake-57450.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-mtd-_-20120326-_... />

Thanks so much Rosie. It's so cute. Our family has baked a bunny cake every year at Easter since my boys were little. It is a tradition for us. Hope all is well.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/03/27 04:55PM
    « 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list